Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who might still be looking for N95 masks...

As I posted on Nov 29th in another forum:
-- begin --
I was able to order a box of BYD Care N95 Respirator Masks One Size 20PK - Office Depot last night for $49. Unclear if my order will get canceled. Hand sanitizer, masks & more says "Prioritized for Healthcare workers and first responders" whereas the listing says it's reserved for them.

They (model DE2322) are at the bottom of Approved N95 Respirators B Suppliers List | NPPTL | NIOSH | CDC. I can only see part of Chinese Electric-Car Maker Gets U.S. Approval to Supply N95 Masks due to a paywall. I was well aware of BYD and Warren Buffett's investment in them before COVID-19.
-- end --
(Them being at Office Depot will probably only help those in the US.)
I did receive them and each mask is individually in a sealed packet. I split up the box of 20 masks between myself and my parents.

They're back in stock at BYD Care N95 Respirator Masks One Size 20PK - Office Depot right now for $49.99. I've seen them go in and out of stock and the price varying. I think I saw them at $69.99 at one point and another time, they were back up to $109.99, I think.

I have enough for now and have no need to hoard them.
I noticed these are back in stock at $60.99 right now: BYD Care N95 Respirator Masks One Size 20PK - Office Depot. Was true when I posted this is another forum about 7 hours ago.

https://twitter.com/Pervaizistan/status/1346283751861608449

25cAZN2.jpg

NEW: The LA County EMS has directed ambulance crews not to transport patients with little chance of survival to hospitals, and to conserve the use of oxygen. Per ⁦
@alexandrameeks

Social media fails again. That is NOT what this memo says.

It says O2 should not be used on anyone with an O2 sat of 90% or higher. That is appropriate guidance (and we've been wasting O2 for years - something like this should have been out earlier).

There were two separate memos. You only looked at the first one. Here is the EMS Transport memo.

I read the second memo. People are making a mountain out of a mole hill here, and commenting on things they have zero clue about. It is not uncommon to pronounce someone dead in the field. It is also not uncommon for them to NOT transport a body to the hospital, but instead to the morgue.

NO WHERE in that second memo is there anything that supports what the twitter moron asserted: "The LA County EMS has directed ambulance crews not to transport patients with little chance of survival to hospitals".

The implication of that statement is ALIVE patients with little chance of survival will not be transported to the hospital. What the memo ACTUALLY STATES is patients on which CPR has been performed without a return of pulse (did anyone besides me read the fine print?), or was in a traumatic accident and is pulseless with no chance of regaining a pulse (i.e. bled out), will not be transported to the hospital (i.e. just to be pronounced dead). The morgue has an M.D. on staff and is perfectly capable of making these kinds of pronouncements without needlessly clogging up the hospital system further.

We are getting our first shot of Moderna on monday.
Age 67 wife 75 with diabetes (type 2).

Checked website every 30 minutes. Finally checked when they updated days.
Driving 50 miles to get it.

Yahoo !!!!!!
Next stop (after second shot) Europe !

EDIT: wonder if its a false reservation. Web site no longer shows that day. Other filled days still show up. Arg !

Social media fails again. That is NOT what this memo says.

It says O2 should not be used on anyone with an O2 sat of 90% or higher. That is appropriate guidance (and we've been wasting O2 for years - something like this should have been out earlier).

FWIW some athletes like to do their training when their O2 sat is less than 90%.

Ie endurance runners training at altitude may target 88-92% O2 sat as optimal.

Only found a couple references of melatonin in this thread in reference to Trump being treated with it along with all the other various things.
https://www.vumedi.com/video/melatonin-for-covid-19-can-it-reduce-the-severity-of-disease/
Use of melatonin to decrease cytokine storm response to COVID19 and decrease severity in hospitalized COVID19 patients. Cheap and according to this video no toxicity so high doses are tolerated, but there are some side effects and drug interactions. It is a hormone so it must affect some things besides sleep.

Not letting the WHO in to investigate the origins is the biggest red flag they could throw on this.
Is there any scientific way to determine that a virus comes from a lab? I guess what I'm asking are there any tell-tale markers in the virus genetics that point to manipulation? For example, and I'm *way* out of my league here, if you use genetic tools to cut out and/or splice in new code, does that leave a trace?

Is there any scientific way to determine that a virus comes from a lab? I guess what I'm asking are there any tell-tale markers in the virus genetics that point to manipulation? For example, and I'm *way* out of my league here, if you use genetic tools to cut out and/or splice in new code, does that leave a trace?

There are indicators, usually the restriction enzyme sites would be changed from some wild-type precursors, but the key would be finding the precursor viruses and analyzing them.

I'm of the camp, from the data I have seen, that this is a wild-type virus due to some crossover events from other species (not uncommon).

The sequence of the virus has been known for 12 months now, and is public domain, if there were major red flags of genetic manipulation, I believe we would have had the alarm sounded by now.

If patient zero worked at the bioweapon lab, you can rest assured it was an accidental release.
If it were intentional, I doubt they are going to let it loose on their own people.
People have posted here that the Chinese are technologically primitive but I'd argue anyone that can manufacture a modern dual yield thermonuclear package and land a rocket on the moon aren't exactly idiots. There are only 3 countries that have soft-landed vehicles on the lunar surface. Germany isn't one of them.

If the tech exists, the Chinese have a copy of it. Can they edit a virus? Can Russia or the US?