Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking a stand against high pharmacy prices, shop at PetMed! Is this what they called Herd Mentality? Who's the sheep now? LOL

My wife is a veterinarian - the DEA sent out VERY clear notices to all vets in the past 2 weeks telling them that if they help people obtain ivermectin (commonly used for things like heart worm treatment in dogs) that the DEA will prosecute them to the full extent of the law. The vets are all keeping log books now of which patients receive the drug and the corresponding pet diagnosis it is treating.

Ivermectin is Hydroxychloroquine all over again. Junk science that the anti-vaxxers latch on to in order to push their agenda.

My wife is a veterinarian - the DEA sent out VERY clear notices to all vets in the past 2 weeks telling them that if they help people obtain ivermectin (commonly used for things like heart worm treatment in dogs) that the DEA will prosecute them to the full extent of the law. The vets are all keeping log books now of which patients receive the drug and the corresponding pet diagnosis it is treating.

Ivermectin is Hydroxychloroquine all over again. Junk science that the anti-vaxxers latch on to in order to push their agenda.
Thanks for that information. But I just looked on Amazon and can get a 12 pack of horse dewormer for $159. It’s crazy people are taking this stuff.

I am confused. Ivermectin is not a controlled substance. The DEA has no stake in this.

Do you mean the FDA?

I have heard that the whole Ivermectin thing was cooked up by some snake oil sellers to fleece the sheep. First they convinced the cult that only certain people always tell the truth and everyone else is lying to them. I'm not sure if the supposed "truth tellers" are in on it or just getting a cut, but they got some of the "truth tellers" to tell the flock that Ivermectin is the thing to save them from COVID. Then they set up a remote clinic where, for a few hundred dollars, you can see a doctor remotely who will prescribe Ivermectin for you.

Then there are those who are convinced but don't want to spend the money who are taking things into their own hands and getting veterinary Ivermectin.

I hope the snake oil people get sued by the families of those who die from this or those who end up with permanent damage from it. Human dose Ivermectin probably isn't going to kill anyone unless they have an allergic reaction or take more than prescribed, but the large animal veterinary doses are dangerously large.

I am confused. Ivermectin is not a controlled substance. The DEA has no stake in this.

Do you mean the FDA?

The DEA controls the licenses for those that prescribe and dispense medications (doctors, pharmacists, and veterinarians, basically), whether those substances are controlled or not. You can easily lose your DEA license for "off label" prescriptions, prescribing to family members, prescribing to out of state individuals, etc. You don't mess with the DEA, or ever put them in the position to investigate your prescribing history.

I'm sure it's a "political flex", but it is one that has teeth. I've seen colleagues lose both DEA and eventually medical licenses for stupid simple stuff like prescribing their kid some antibiotics (when the kid didn't have a medical record with their parent). Usually, however, you have to do something more severe to get on their radar (opioid scripts, etc.)

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Q. Do folks that received Moderna have more severe initial side affects versus Pfizer?
In my limited sample size that was the case.
I had horrific side effects from the Moderna and comparing those I know; the Moderna people suffered far more side effects and greater intensity of said side effects than the Pfizer people. J&J people were somewhere between the two.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3
So if you're an unethical drug maker looking to goose sales, this is what you gotta do:

1. bribe some radio hosts to say that your product is a COVID cure
2. get them to claim that Fauci, Big Pharma, and the government are covering it up
3. get Fauci, Big Pharma, and the government to say no this stuff doesn't cure COVID
4. watch your sales soar!

rinse and repeat...

Reactions: byeLT4 and msm859
Have you watched House.MD? It could be coincidental that someone with worms caught covid. Taking this med 'cured' them and they think it was the cure. LOL
The one where House, with no surgical privileges, takes her into the OR and cuts her open with no prep or scrub or anesthesia to remove a 20 foot tape worm. Yeah very realistic. Maybe I should try that horse dewormer.

• Funny
Reactions: eevee-fan
I had horrific side effects from the Moderna and comparing those I know; the Moderna people suffered far more side effects and greater intensity of said side effects than the Pfizer people. J&J people were somewhere between the two.

I didn't have much of a reaction to Moderna.

Wonder if it affects certainly people because of the 30 ug (Pfizer) vs 100 ug (Moderna) situation.

This Chicago Tribune article mentions the same number (100 micrograms vs 30). Again, maybe this doesn't matter at all. We continue to look at this for consideration of a booster shot in the future or assuming that it is annual.

L8xAumi.jpg

however, I also believe it is essential to get a dose of vaccine for these people to bring them up to generally good antibody levels. This is based on prior studies showing titers all over the map in infected individuals.

Remember the vaccine titer distributions, previously published - they are NOT tight for disease-induced immunity. This matters!

And here's some new, additional data supporting my claims. It seems to me that you may be more likely to be weakly protected if your first bout of COVID did not land you in the hospital.

Last edited:

Though officially nobody in Florida is dying of COVID...

What is Florida going to do when nobody wants to teach school anymore? Part of the problems with hospitals in hard hit areas now is they are short of staff, a lot of the people who were on the front lines last year quit the profession, are disabled, or dead.

This headline and the article is a tad dis-ingenuous.

Questions:
1) what % of the educator population do these 10 people represent? 1%? 0.1%? 0.001%?
2) is that death rate above the baseline rate for the state and their age groups?
3) were they vaccinated? if so, how many?

Looking at the school calendar for Miami Dade, the in-person teaching didn't start till Monday August 23rd:

Strong indication that some of these 15 educators would have likely already been infected and sick before school started (which was 12 days ago).

Typical lazy reporting, click-bait, nothing else. There is no meat to this article.