Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost for Model 3 Tyres from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what Tesla would charge for 2 replacement tyres for the Model 3 together with fitting? Long range, 18 inch.

I've put in a service request on the app - but such is the clunkiness of the system you can't just ask a question and get an answer - you have to actually make an appointment (which I could never honour because the car can't get their with a flat tyre!) and so far they haven't replied to me!

Just had one fitted by Costco to my LR M3 (18in), came in at just over £170. Be aware though that lead-time seems to be rather variable at the moment, my Michelin PS4 T0 had to be ordered and was initially quoted a 14 day wait... which ended up at just over 7 in the end.

Is that true?
That Tesla mobile don’t do call outs for tyre problems!

I’m not sure of the official policy, but that was my experience about 9 months ago. The special Tesla recovery helpline were useless and washed their hands immediately. The service centre tired to be helpful in finding a local distributor of a replacement M3P tyre, but none were available locally and quick fit said that the closest replacement in stock was in Scotland (I was in London). Good times.

• Funny
Reactions: -monky-
Another update - turns out the Tesla OE stock on the Kwik Fit website is a lie - they don't have any and are looking at 5 weeks before any are in stock! So - what's the next best tyre to put on my Model 3 LR 18" ?

I bought a spare wheel from Tesla and when I asked for a PS4 T0 tyre they quoted a silly price, something like £250.

Went to local place and got one for £180 fitted next day, including fitting of the TPMS sensor that Tesla supplied with the wheel.

Another update - turns out the Tesla OE stock on the Kwik Fit website is a lie - they don't have any and are looking at 5 weeks before any are in stock! So - what's the next best tyre to put on my Model 3 LR 18" ?

The OEM Michelin Pilot Sport 4 acoustic is available on Black Circles for £185 fitted at whatever local fitter supports them.

As I posted earlier, there seems to be a national shortage of these PS4 T0 tyres for the Model 3 18in at the moment. All of the suppliers you speak to will eventually confirm that there is a delay so that they can be ordered from Michelin's supply chain. I would imagine the current chaos at some of our Port's will be a contributing factor.

When I started looking for a replacement a couple of weeks ago I was being told everywhere that stock wouldn't be available until 12th December. After I eventually got to a Costco branch to place the order, that had become the 24th December. However it ended up arriving early (8th), and was fitted this Saturday (12th).

So my advice would be find the cheapest supplier and get your order in - then hope they come through sooner for you.

Thanks - that is what I'm finding too. Lots of websites list it as available, you order then they ring you and say it'll be 5 weeks. Local tyre shop told me most of his tyres are being severely delayed and prices inflated because of brexit. No surprises there.

Looks like I'm going to have to pick another tyre if I want to drive anywhere in the next month!

Last edited by a moderator: