Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost for Supercharging Increased ? Where to find prices?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently looking at planning my first long trip and just trying to find out prices of superchargers and I'm finding it very difficult.

Does anyone know where you can find a site that shows the prices? I thought they were at 25p but it seems, after my test charge in Dartford after delivery last week, I was charged at 39p. Isn't that quite alot?

It's still cheaper than petrol, but no where near as much as 25p it was. Are all superchargers the same?

Trying to find much information on this in the UK seems quite hard.

The prices should show up when selecting the supercharger location in the car. You could do that by entering the journey and selecting the suggested charging locations or by just adding the charging overlay to the screen and selecting one's you're interested in.

Currently looking at planning my first long trip and just trying to find out prices of superchargers and I'm finding it very difficult.

Does anyone know where you can find a site that shows the prices? I thought they were at 25p but it seems, after my test charge in Dartford after delivery last week, I was charged at 39p. Isn't that quite alot?

It's still cheaper than petrol, but no where near as much as 25p it was. Are all superchargers the same?

Trying to find much information on this in the UK seems quite hard.
It varies place to place but its been a long long time since its been 25p at most locations.
I am not sure if you are aware but there is something of an "energy crisis" going on. Wholesale prices for Electricity have risen steeply this year and Tesla don't get an Ofgem price cap like you and I do on your domestic supply so its sad but not surprising the prices have risen.
it is still cheaper than petrol but even if not most people only have to pay it on road trips which makes up a fairly small proportion of their usage. Does suck though for those with no off street or those who. travel out of range a lot.

It varies place to place but its been a long long time since its been 25p at most locations.
I am not sure if you are aware but there is something of an "energy crisis" going on. Wholesale prices for Electricity have risen steeply this year and Tesla don't get an Ofgem price cap like you and I do on your domestic supply so its sad but not surprising the prices have risen.
it is still cheaper than petrol but even if not most people only have to pay it on road trips which makes up a fairly small proportion of their usage. Does suck though for those with no off street or those who. travel out of range a lot.
I am aware of the Energy Crisis thank you. What I am trying to find out are the actual costs, there doesn't seem to be anywhere, where I can find out. Unless I'm mistaken.

What I am trying to find out are the actual costs, there doesn't seem to be anywhere, where I can find out. Unless I'm mistaken.
The only way to find the live cost of a SuC, is by sitting in the car and tapping the SuC icon (Red icon) on the map, it should then display all relevant info including costs for that particular SuC location.

I believe that anyone can now make a wiki page. The issue is more to do with keeping the info current - very few people seem willing to edit a wiki themselves and prefer to ask others to do it but that is no bad thing as multiple concurrent edits play havoc with things.

But if you would like to volunteer...

Reactions: HenryT
I got this, but don’t know how up to date it is?

6BEAE8B2-8083-43E3-B1E6-30E48DDD5523.jpeg

Might be the sort of thing Musk would implement if you ask him via Twitter to list current pricing as a tooltip over the supercharger location map pins.
No one would buy a Tesla if they had to fill it up with electricity at 40p/kWh and wait while another brand blocks the charger. Tesla UK say that the average price is 28p/kWh.

When Gridserve get more competing sites I imagine the Supercharger price will drop to match. It's 29p/kWh in Rugby at the moment. Heathrow is still cheap(ish).

• Disagree
Reactions: GTI_20AE and btc1k
Interesting in Scotland, at Perth there's 12 tesla and 12 (I think) public chargers.

The CPS Scotland ones there are free, I think there's 50kW, last time I was there I noticed a tesla using it instead of the superchargers, I imagine there'll be lots of unhappy non tesla EV owners complaining there soon...

Interesting in Scotland, at Perth there's 12 tesla and 12 (I think) public chargers.

The CPS Scotland ones there are free, I think there's 50kW, last time I was there I noticed a tesla using it instead of the superchargers, I imagine there'll be lots of unhappy non tesla EV owners complaining there soon...
Free- yes, working- not necessarily. There are six public chargers, three are 50kwh ones.

Last time I was there I tried all three of the CPS 50kwh ones and none were working then just moved across to the Tesla SC and had the choice of 12 working ones!

There is also a very large free-to-use Low Carbon 32 station Hub at Stirling just off the M9

Reactions: Brian G
No one would buy a Tesla if they had to fill it up with electricity at 40p/kWh and wait while another brand blocks the charger. Tesla UK say that the average price is 28p/kWh.

When Gridserve get more competing sites I imagine the Supercharger price will drop to match. It's 29p/kWh in Rugby at the moment. Heathrow is still cheap(ish).
I think the opening up will take a while. In the mean time if SuC prices continue to increase I can see Tesla owners choosing to use Gridserve over superchargers at the shared sites. That will go down well if other brands unable to charge because the gridserve chargers are full of Teslas while the SuC have spaces.

You have to remember though that GS charger for AC kwh used by the charger and SuC for DC kwh delivered to the car. The difference is 5-15% so you need to add 10% to the cost of all other charging before comparing to the SuC prices to be fair.

• Informative
Reactions: Bantam

The network is great, but if you don't know the prices, it could put people off in the long term. After doing some research, it seems the average price is over 30p now. Like I mentioned before, I was a bit shocked that I paid 39p in Dartford after receiving delivery of my car. I was told it was about 25p on average, which is obviously old prices or just bull.

Yup someone (Non Tesla owner) posted a picture from there of exactly that in a facebook group, followed by the usual mix of comments of why don't they use thier own ones and how selfish, they have a Tesla surely they can afford to charge it.:rolleyes:

Free is free and it's first come first served in my eyes...

Reactions: Teddy69