Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

creep, roll, hold. What is your fav setting?

what is your fav setting

• creep

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • roll

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • hold

Votes: 173 83.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello. I have been using creep mode since I purchase model 3 last year. Now I am trying to get used to hold mode. What is your favorite go to setting and why?

I started with creep because easier transition from ICE to EV car. Then now trying hold to get more regen braking.

i started with roll, since it reminded me of the manual transmission feel. switched immediately to hold when it came out and never went back. Though I will say it took a bit more time to get used to, since maneuvering out of a garage at slow speeds now required active accelerator use, rather than having it "roll" around.

When your choices were creep or roll, I can see how some people would prefer one or the other. Because neither is perfect, reasonable people can disagree on which is less bad.

But once they introduced hold, having multiple options seems like an unnecessary complication. Hold is the correct setting. No need for any of the other choices.

Reactions: admo and mswlogo
i started with roll, since it reminded me of the manual transmission feel. switched immediately to hold when it came out and never went back. Though I will say it took a bit more time to get used to, since maneuvering out of a garage at slow speeds now required active accelerator use, rather than having it "roll" around.
Same. Coming from driving MT For years. Got used to Hold very quickly and enjoy it.

Reactions: EVNation
roll for me, I like regen but I don't want the car putting the brakes on for me for that last bit. I found myself having to modulate the car braking so I like it free rolling under 5mph.
Same here; I like as much regen as possible, but not at the expense of the car putting on the brakes. Also, I want to keep using the brakes to maintain muscle memory. Don’t want my reaction to an emergency situation to be ‘pull your foot off the throttle’ cause I’m use to 1-pedal driving.

Reactions: SigNC