Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
once first deposit happens, you should see the discount. even after setting up until the deposit happens once, you will not see it.
What DCU told me on the phone (not that I really know what the truth is) was that they give a 3 month period where the lower rate (1.24%) is active and if the direct deposits don't hit by 3 months from the loan then the rate goes up including for the 3 month grace period getting crawled back. As we all know, any given employee telling you things are sometimes not accurate - but thats what they told me.

When I called Tesla I asked them what is my actual order date, is it 528, or 619? I told them that on 619 I had change the color of the car, apparently that did not affect my original Order date, they said that my order date is still legit and I ordered on May 28.
but if you changed color, you are requeued.. some got deliveries based off original order date, but any change will requeue back.

My direct deposit went through and got paid from my employer...Looks like we need to make 5 transactions each month using debit/bill transfers to upgrade to the plus level
you don't need transactions for plus membership. below are their terms for plus.

Add and maintain direct deposit (qualifying direct deposit is a recurring electronic credit of your payroll, retirement, Social Security, or other recurring monthly income). If at any time you fail to maintain these qualifications, your benefit level will be automatically adjusted without notice and you will no longer be eligible to receive the associated benefits.

Reactions: PatrickTM
What DCU told me on the phone (not that I really know what the truth is) was that they give a 3 month period where the lower rate (1.24%) is active and if the direct deposits don't hit by 3 months from the loan then the rate goes up including for the 3 month grace period getting crawled back. As we all know, any given employee telling you things are sometimes not accurate - but thats what they told me.
interesting.. i already have a DCU savings account and had 2 loans from 2011. My savings account was still open. So, i was preapproved for auto loan at 1.99%. I called to accept that and they said i have to setup direct deposit. I updated my employer and once the first deposit hit my account, i saw online that preapproval dropped to 1.5%.

Random question - In the event that the delivery date lands during my business trip, would Tesla be able to hold my vehicle until I return(prob within a week)? I believe they normally hold for 3 days before selling to someone else..
considering your EDD shows end of quarter. its highly unlikely they will hold beyond 3 days.. if your delivery date is last week of quarter, I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave you 1 day for pickup.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Do you have the link to the comparison, my order was 20 inch + 7 seater which would be only 2k in price difference against performance…now if the range is not a factor the performance model might be in play for me

There are quite a few videos. I think the 1" lowered suspension height on the Performance makes up for the extra wheel weight, basically making their range the same. There is a misnomer about the Long Range, it would imply that is is longer range than the Performance. But that's not true, the Long Range moniker only came about to differentiate itself versus the standard range Y that is no longer offered.

Yesterday was pretty exhausting, but we finally have the MY home! We live over an hour away from Tyco SC in NOVA and it was terrible weather and traffic, but we finally got to the SC! The delivery sequence essentially went as follows:

1. My wife had the Tesla app open as we pulled up to the parking lot
2. She said the car on the app "woke up" and told us to drive near to the car
3. After driving around 3 times since NO ONE is there to help you (really fun) we finally found her car and her name in the dashboard (pretty cool)
4. We walked up to the car and we were able to get right in and play around
5. All the papers, contract, window sticker, extra key cards, etc. were all sitting inside the passenger side
6. The charging bundle and front license plate were sitting in the trunk
7. First impressions is we were BLOWN away by the white interior - its stunning
8. I then proceeded to just go through my mental checklist and make sure everything works and looks "right"
9. I only found 1 "issue" and that was the trim panel on the back of the bench seat wasn't quite seated right, but other than that, the car was flawless. We already need a service appt for the garage door thing so they can address it then, no worries
10. We sat there for probably 30 mins just playing with all the tech, etc.
11. Again, there was NO ONE there to bother us, so once we were finally hungry and tired of playing with the screen we left for the loooooong trek home

As they say "it's so worth the wait". Hang in there TMC fam, it was 96 days of waiting for us, but well worth it, it's an amazing machine.
239373965_1488480631518904_5734065818661587973_n.jpg

Already installed sport pedals, mudflaps, and screen protector. Next up is floormats, tint, leather conditioning, ppf, and ceramic coating. Also, it's soooo freaking cool to just be able to charge your car in your garage, at home, crazy. Cheers!