Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s been a little crazy all day today so I didn’t have the opportunity to drive by Springfield, but maybe tomorrow.

I did however get to talk with my SA today for the first time. I never got the call from the guy who scheduled with me a few months ago, so I called in and found out who my SA is, haha. Nice guy and good chat. He indicated to me that between Springfield and Paramus NJ they anticipate having a large batch of VIN assignments within the next week, and at least in my case because I ordered early/ mid April I should be part of that batch. From that point looking at 1-2 weeks to get cross country with a delivery around early to mid June. Seems consistent with some other NJ folks here so I’m hopeful a VIN comes through soon!
My order date is 2 weeks later than yours. Looks like I’ll be in a later batch then. Could explain why I’ve had no delivery estimates show for 3 weeks now.

Reactions: Mr_Bob
I ordered 3/24 model Y from Paramus. My delivery schedule switches between "1-10 weeks" and "May 25 to June 16" (which would be outside of 10 weeks
One thing we noticed when scope surfing the Tesla dealers lot in NJ: Paramus, the new Tesla's are not on their lot... but nearby at the mall area staging area. Last visit we had there in April, lots of new cars there. Same thing in Lawrenceville (Princeton) storage lot location. Not sure yet where storage lot is for Springfield, a search will be on the agenda next week.

Our Springfield SA manager is good for replies to our emails... sent us a reply email saying they had a light week of new cars last week... and he thinks next week will bring more action. Let's all hope!

For a point of reference on VINs, they were at 144,xxx around March 5. So that 170+ above means they’re still cranking them out. I just hope if they’re swapping electronics to address shortage, we aren’t getting rejected Fitbit chips or some other “good enough” POS.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tesla used “refurbished” MCU1 chips…

Reactions: hallwc87
If you go to the site and try to order a Y right now, it says "estimated delivery 4-8 weeks"
Interesting.. when I go to the Model Y build page, it says 4 - 11 weeks.. I wonder if the estimate changes based on where you are located..

Screenshot_20210516-094854_Chrome.jpg

One thing we noticed when scope surfing the Tesla dealers lot in NJ: Paramus, the new Tesla's are not on their lot... but nearby at the mall area staging area. Last visit we had there in April, lots of new cars there. Same thing in Lawrenceville (Princeton) storage lot location. Not sure yet where storage lot is for Springfield, a search will be on the agenda next week.

Our Springfield SA manager is good for replies to our emails... sent us a reply email saying they had a light week of new cars last week... and he thinks next week will bring more action. Let's all hope!
I spoke too soon! :)

Just logged in and it now shows June 1 to June 21...

For reference, June 2nd would be 10 weeks after my order date (and it was 1-10 when I ordered)

Had to extend my current lease an extra month. Hope I don't have to do that again...

I spoke too soon! :)

Just logged in and it now shows June 1 to June 21...

For reference, June 2nd would be 10 weeks after my order date (and it was 1-10 when I ordered)

Had to extend my current lease an extra month. Hope I don't have to do that again...
Ordered April 12th Nashville MYP/MSM/Black/Tow/21". No VIN yet. Estimated delivery dates are meaningless! This community makes it fun though.

Reactions: Soosh
Ordered April 12th Nashville MYP/MSM/Black/Tow/21". No VIN yet. Estimated delivery dates are meaningless! This community makes it fun though.
Given the software issue, I’d expect the time between Y VIN assignment and delivery will be days, if not same day, versus 7-14 days as was typical. So many Ys seem to be in place and ready. Come on Tesla, file your homologation *sugar* on time and update firmware accordingly!

Last edited: