Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasn’t there supposed to be some possible movement around VIN assignment today based on feedback others have received from their SAs? Seem to recall seeing that several pages back.
Per my SA they are supposed to have an update today. I plan on stopping in the Schaumburg location this afternoon to see what’s the latest. Have to borrow my kids car to do it since I have been without a car for over a month now🙄

Dang. Page came back, after being dead all day. We speculated it would come back with a earlier date but nah just the vague 5-9 weeks again.

yep back to same 11 day spread.... June 19-30. which would actually be 11-12 weeks from order should that be the case.

sucks. Hard to not let Tesla doubt set in, wife wants to look at the ID4. I mean well wait for the Y, but.... This part of the process could be much better.

Bottom line with Tesla:

1) The wait for the car is horrendous.
2) PRE-delivery communication is awful
3) The car is so amazing, you forget all about 1 and 2 once you have it.

Also, the dates, and even a VIN, mean nothing. They’re kind of markers on the road to delivery. Even a delivery appointment is nothing. I had mine moved 4 times before it was cancelled. I’ve seen people with “6-9 Weeks” get a call to pick up their car tomorrow and people with specific dates just have them delayed for months.

The part where it becomes real is when your a** sits in the driver seat of YOUR new Tesla for the first time.

This is the way.

I love this. Based on test drive awesomeness, and current situation ka-ka, its accurate.

just get me to 3 baby!

well it seems when i get to one day with the week of initial delivery, the end dates gets bumped a day, did picking black doom me?
Estimated Delivery: May 28 - June 17 (almost 8 weeks)
Right? I ordered black with white interior and my dates completely disappeared this morning. Looks like I’m gonna have to wait until July to take delivery at the rate I’m going.

well it seems when i get to one day with the week of initial delivery, the end dates gets bumped a day, did picking black doom me?
Estimated Delivery: May 28 - June 17 (almost 8 weeks)
I don't think that your color choice is making a huge impact.. It appears that most orders from very late March and early April do not have a VIN yet unless they got a car from existing inventory.. Your car as also the cars of many others who ordered late march/early April may be part of the batch of cars that needs something before they can be assigned to customers.. The question is just when this may happen..

Question: is delivery supposed to be based on order placed date and configuration available only? I am in Florida and need my VIN to get auto insurance so that part of the steps is not completed. Does that affect my delivery schedule?
Not necessarily. But for peace of mind you can just submit your current insurance card, it's what I did anyway so my profile would show as 100% complete.

Question: is delivery supposed to be based on order placed date and configuration available only? I am in Florida and need my VIN to get auto insurance so that part of the steps is not completed. Does that affect my delivery schedule?
As you are in Florida, all you need to provide is current coverage on your current cars. I just uploaded my current insurance card with my current cars and the insurance part of my documentation is marked as complete.. Only certain states require the VIN of the car being purchased for proof of insurance.

Reactions: LYly

Naaah. NY is the same. My SA said all is good w/o that. He did want me to complete everything else though. Trade in (even though I will likely sell on my own) as well as financing. You just need insurance before you can drive it off the lot...so another 90 days or so. :)

Reactions: suprax and LYly
Usually my delivery date updates around 6AM PST. Today it was changed already at 4:30AM PST. Moved back one day. I wonder if the "algorithm" or whatever the hell they're using for these dates gets more certain the closer to your delivery date it gets. Really hope I can take delivery before my 1.24% DCU financing expires on June 12 and I have to renew it.

(EDIT: Is it just me, or has this thread totally devolved as we get closer to June?) Containment hold aside, it's still totally unclear to me why Tesla just doesn't manufacture and ship out vehicles in batches as soon they finish manufacturing them. So dumb.

View attachment 664574
Mine is much less of a roller coaster...
Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 10.03.34 AM.png

Still holding at 5-9 weeks.