Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the tow hitch really does tack on about 14 days to delivery time, I'm extremely surprised at Tesla's pricing of $1k. I don't think it's worth the Tesla taking up extra space and management time at the factory for 14 days if they're only selling for $1k a piece. I'd bet that's a factor in the retooling they are doing at the under-construction Texas factory?

If the tow hitch really does tack on about 14 days to delivery time, I'm extremely surprised at Tesla's pricing of $1k. I don't think it's worth the Tesla taking up extra space and management time at the factory for 14 days if they're only selling for $1k a piece. I'd bet that's a factor in the retooling they are doing at the under-construction Texas factory?
I don't think it ADDS 14 days; I think me making the change this late in the game might have bumped it. With that said, the MYP delivery times thread seems to indicate that the Ps are all suddenly pushed back a week or two since last night.

The other interesting wrinkle is that the tow hitch is listed as "sold out" in the Tesla store. I hope that same shortage isn't delaying tow package factory ordered cars as well.

Well, just got the delivery text! Can schedule between May 4-6 for home delivery. However, I don’t want to do home delivery, so I wait for a response from the SC.

Side note: I received the text but nothing in my Tesla account showed anything to schedule a delivery. The website to schedule was “http://tesla.com/schedule/RNXXXXXX”
Same here! We're on the same truck. I had to do May 5th because my wife is out of town on the 4th.

ZC- the web page updates after you select your date and time in the text link.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZC3505
The SC is only a couple miles from home so that's where I'll be picking up.

I haven't concerned myself over the problem areas other than a check list to remind me to check on stuff. I think the Factory has pretty much resolved most of those issues. I'll be paying ACH wire transfer now so if there is anything major wrong, like a panel gap I'll just document it and set up an appointment on the App to have it fixed later. If it's major like a door wouldn't close I'll ask them to fix it and pick up the next day.

I ordered a bunch of small accessories to arrive this weekend and will be scheduling the PPF and Ceramic for later in May.

Reactions: ZC3505
The SC is only a couple miles from home so that's where I'll be picking up.

I haven't concerned myself over the problem areas other than a check list to remind me to check on stuff. I think the Factory has pretty much resolved most of those issues. I'll be paying ACH wire transfer now so if there is anything major wrong, like a panel gap I'll just document it and set up an appointment on the App to have it fixed later. If it's major like a door wouldn't close I'll ask them to fix it and pick up the next day.

I ordered a bunch of small accessories to arrive this weekend and will be scheduling the PPF and Ceramic for later in May.
That makes me feel better. Who are you going through for PPF and ceramic?

I don't think it ADDS 14 days; I think me making the change this late in the game might have bumped it. With that said, the MYP delivery times thread seems to indicate that the Ps are all suddenly pushed back a week or two since last night.

The other interesting wrinkle is that the tow hitch is listed as "sold out" in the Tesla store. I hope that same shortage isn't delaying tow package factory ordered cars as well.

It does - look at the data in my table above.