Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another day, another gut punch. Ordered April 9. Matched to a VIN on the 3rd. Looked at VIN and found the car was built in January. Where has it been for 5 months?!? No one knows. Told SA they could honor pricing from January 29 or match me with a current production car.

I feel like I got punted to the back of the line. HOW did I go from being matched to a VIN to going back to 6-10 weeks, and now tonight this gem of June 8-30. I’m now completely past my initial order timeframe no matter how you slice it. But the most frustrating thing- if I had magically made it to the front of the line to get a VIN, WHY did I not get matched like... 6 minutes later when another vehicle enters production?

I’m gutted. Don’t even bother giving estimates if this is as good as you can get. Just say “2021 hopefully - and there’s a good chance your place in line is complete horse *sugar*”. Because that’s as granular as they can get right now.

Another day, another gut punch. Ordered April 9. Matched to a VIN on the 3rd. Looked at VIN and found the car was built in January. Where has it been for 5 months?!? No one knows. Told SA they could honor pricing from January 29 or match me with a current production car.

I feel like I got punted to the back of the line. HOW did I go from being matched to a VIN to going back to 6-10 weeks, and now tonight this gem of June 8-30. I’m now completely past my initial order timeframe no matter how you slice it. But the most frustrating thing- if I had magically made it to the front of the line to get a VIN, WHY did I not get matched like... 6 minutes later when another vehicle enters production?

I’m gutted. Don’t even bother giving estimates if this is as good as you can get. Just say “2021 hopefully - and there’s a good chance your place in line is complete horse *sugar*”. Because that’s as granular as they can get right now.
I type sheet the other day and the forum changed it to sugar. I thought I had a typo lol

So can you confirm with the M Y we get an 14-50 adapter (guessing no since the tesla shop stays out of stock) and will the the M Y get the 2nd generation charger?
M Y came with the 120v connection plug and a J1772 adapter in the bag. It is a 32A Gen 2, same as my M S came with last year.

I saw the NEMA 14-50 plug for the charger is currently out of stock.

I don't get the standard range thing - doesnt someone have to call and order it and it's not available on the website?
They did back when they were available. But lots of people have moved on to LR or other choices and therefore when they role of the assembly line there is inventory for other buyers to snap up because the original owners have canceled their orders or passed.

I doubt you are at the back of the line. I ordered April 9 and have current estimated delivery of 6/8 - 6/28.

Just speculation, but the elephant in the room is that vehicle probably spent 10-20 days in transit, was turned down on delivery every few weeks due to age (old console, heated steering wheel) or quality. This is the first I've ever heard of Tesla offering to match pricing from months ago, so I assume they are also needing it to be delivered.

Rather than go to the back of the line again, it's more like you have gone back to where you were, but no longer have the "fast pass" advantage.

Anecdotal, but I ordered April 5th, latest dates were June 21-30, and have been 5-9 weeks since last week, so we're all on the same rollercoaster together!