Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting week 2 of the “5-9 weeks” timing. Changing the subject to something not so depressing, what vehicle is everyone trading or selling for the Model Y. I’ll go first. I’m finally upgrading from a 2006 Honda Civic. No fancy dash screen and everything is manual buttons. Also manual transmission. Feel like I’m coming out of the Stone Age.
2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV purchased August 2018. Wanted the MY, but couldn't wait for it to come out. I was starting a new job and had a 1+ hour each way commute with Level 2 charging at work. The 2006 Honda Civic with broken AC was not going to cut it anymore. Plus I got the federal, state, and electric company rebates. So in the end, not a terrible purchase. Now with COVID "over" I'll be driving again soon and my trade-in value is about what's left on the loan so figured it is time to get what I want since I can afford it and have wanted this car for years.

Has anyone been able to get a loan check mailed to them, then pay for Tesla online in full with a credit card (for the points), and then deposit the loan check to pay off the credit card balance? I have always wanted to buy a car on plastic but most legacy dealers will limit you to $5K because they don’t want to pay the merchant fees.

If possible, that could save over $1,000 on the car.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to get a loan check mailed to them, then pay for Tesla online in full with a credit card (for the points), and then deposit the loan check to pay off the credit card balance? I have always wanted to buy a car on plastic but most legacy dealers will limit you to $5K because they don’t want to pay the merchant fees.
You can't buy a car with a credit card because technically that's financing and since you will have a collateral without a lien they wont allow it. Tesla only takes a credit card for the initial deposit to put your order in. No car dealership will allow you to buy a car on a credit card because it goes against their dealer lender agreement.

Starting week 2 of the “5-9 weeks” timing. Changing the subject to something not so depressing, what vehicle is everyone trading or selling for the Model Y. I’ll go first. I’m finally upgrading from a 2006 Honda Civic. No fancy dash screen and everything is manual buttons. Also manual transmission. Feel like I’m coming out of the Stone Age.
2018 Acura ILX - love Acuras (this was my 3rd) but super excited to upgrade to the Y. :cool:

Reactions: Veltic