Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if this is allowed or not, so if it's not please let me know and I'll remove or edit, but I found a chrome extension called extended order status that I'm finding handy so I can just keep refreshing the order pages and it updates and keeps track of any previous dates too. I didn't make the extension, don't have anything to do with it, just wanted to share.

Elon tweeted that there was a MS Plaid delivery event on June 3rd… could it be they are releasing the new interface or whatever v11 (alongside the MS) and wanted to “reveal” it before allowing the public to see it first?
That's like salt on an open wound... Elon says nothing about Model Y orders but has a launch party for the MS Plaid, a car the middle-class can't afford... Then giving the UFC guy a loaner... Ugh!

Reactions: RyFreddy
My front end of my delivery range has been more or less incrementing up 1 day each day since earlier this week like others here have reported. Started at 5/30-6/19 last Friday and I'm now sitting at 6/2-6/19. It seems like Tesla is expecting 2 weeks to clear up the firmware/part/containment hold issue and is trying to target a first half of June delivery for me.
Same. Every morning it moves ahead by one day. May 25 - June 10th today.

Before this Y issue, there were no “soft” VINs. At least, I’d never heard of them and I have been focused on Teslas since 2012.

You’d just get assigned a VIN when ready and that was it. My guess is since these cars are sitting on lots, they’re giving VINs as “soft” because someone “ahead” of you with same config may have a VIN and not take delivery and so they’d want to switch you to that one. IDK. This whole Y thing is a mess.

It has nothing to do with the Plaid event, I don’t think. Tesla issues bug release of SW all the time without events. It’s just OTA. This is the event that would have been the call Elon promised in Q1 to tell us real specs, etc and pretend as if the S delay never happened.

Reactions: Emmadiane
So, the 195xxx VIN ordered a Blue MY LR 5 white seats 19" Gemini on 4/1 and was assigned the VIN 195xxx (theoretically, we still haven't gotten confirmation from the person). Gives me hope that they aren't producing new vehicles without the supply chain/firmware issue and giving them to newer orders while the rest of us get left behind - note, the 5/21 build date on the tracker means May 2021, not May 21st 2021 build date like some thought above. In the meantime, my dates remain unchanged, a steady march for me towards the beginning of June. Tesla has not let my earliest delivery date window get within 14 days, and I'm now down to 12 so we'll see!

EXCEL_M4NIggVmK5.png

Reactions: Soosh
That's like salt on an open wound... Elon says nothing about Model Y orders but has a launch party for the MS Plaid, a car the middle-class can't afford... Then giving the UFC guy a loaner... Ugh!
Yea, but those that ordered the refreshed S/X in Feb/March are looking at a minimum six month wait at this point. The wait for the Plaid is even longer, so Elon has to give them something and hope Lucid doesn’t start delivering cars ahead of schedule.

So by “soft” VIN I mean the SA is saying this is your VIN, but it’s not actually showing on our end that a VIN is even assigned. Not set in stone....HARD VIN 😉

Even if the interface is going to be new, I wouldn’t suspect they would backup deliveries like this for an event on the MS. That could be done with and OTA update.

Right now, it’s just a lot of talk and speculation til we get a flood of VINs/delivery dates.

Reactions: Emmadiane