Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did our referral histories go? It used to be at the bottom of my Tesla Account page but has gone missing.
Did the referral program disappear? Yesterday during all of the outages, at one point, the main Tesla account page came back and the solar panel section looked different - it had two buttons, one for panels, and one for the roof - but the $400 referral option was gone. Today it's back to normal, but the vehicle referral program is missing, but it's still showing in the app loot box... so... 🤷‍♀️

I said what the hell and decided to call the Chicago sales center this morning. What a joke.

Got the stock/script answers around:

“as soon as we have a VIN, you’ll get an email”

“we have no information/haven’t heard about any factory hold”

“any day now”

“we are within your delivery window”

etc.

These guys literally couldn’t give two Fs about your experience once you’ve placed the order… not a hint of “we feel your pain” “we’re trying to get answers”… nothin.

more like “shut up and wait. You should bow down and thank me for the privilege of buying a car from me.

so disappointing… particularly when I hear about the communication from other centers.

Reactions: dsandhu and MrsV
I said what the hell and decided to call the Chicago sales center this morning. What a joke.

“any day now”

etc.

These guys literally couldn’t give two Fs about your experience once you’ve placed the order… not a hint of “we feel your pain” “we’re trying to get answers”… nothin.

more like “shut up and wait. You should bow down and thank me for the privilege of buying a car from me.

so disappointing… particularly when I hear about the communication from other centers.
Grand Ave location? Westmont location doesn't seem to have much info either. I feel bad for these SAs to be honest, a lot of frustrated and confused customers and nothing to give them.

I've just been calling any service center for general questions (ACH vs check, plate info, etc) and Schaumburg when I have delivery questions. Even Schaumburg is just telling they're hoping to release cars soon, for the past week.

I ordered a M3LR 5/8. I just went for my 2nd test drive and spoke to a new associate. There’s many cars on the lot here in Charlotte NC and he said they are waiting on a firmware update and the cars will be ready. He said it should be out mid next week. My delivery date is June 14-30 and said I have a 90% chance to get it then. Just posting for info from my experience. Sorry if this has already been posted lol.

We all know, which is why we are on this thread having this convo! I liked it, but it wasn’t close to what the Y gives you. Tack on VWs hidden fees (we are leasing our first electric car, please don’t judge), and this was a cheaper car. To be fair, they lost me when they said they wouldn’t sell the First Edition badged cars unless someone offered them in excess of $50K. Our local dealership is a ripoff.
To be fair, ripping people off has been the dealership business model for some time. I used to work in them.....

Reactions: Cjacktesmy
Grand Ave location? Westmont location doesn't seem to have much info either. I feel bad for these SAs to be honest, a lot of frustrated and confused customers and nothing to give them.

I've just been calling any service center for general questions (ACH vs check, plate info, etc) and Schaumburg when I have delivery questions. Even Schaumburg is just telling they're hoping to release cars soon, for the past week.

Yes… grand ave. I definitely feel bad but also have no patience for the fact that these guys seem to give no fs.

I’ve been in service related industries my entire career and you’d thing that for people who don’t have to work very hard to take the order on a $70k purchase, they’d demonstrate a little bit more get up and go!

I wanted to join the waiting game. Ordered a White LR with no upgrades - will take delivery from the Alparetta\Roswell GA SC - says 4-11 weeks. SA at the Avalon said I would still get it at end of June since they make a good bit of the ones like I ordered. Not holding my breath but we will see. Now to get the charger ordered for the house!

Reactions: Emmadiane
I predict virtually no improvement in this situation for the next 2-3 weeks, and then a total cluster for the last 2 weeks in June. I think I might want out, and to think a month ago (2 weeks after ordering) I was nearly on the rabid fanboy bandwagon. This experience has sapped nearly all of the anticipatory fun out of getting a new car.

I hope I'm wrong and will be the first to admit it if I am, but I don't think I'll need to.

Did the referral program disappear? Yesterday during all of the outages, at one point, the main Tesla account page came back and the solar panel section looked different - it had two buttons, one for panels, and one for the roof - but the $400 referral option was gone. Today it's back to normal, but the vehicle referral program is missing, but it's still showing in the app loot box... so... 🤷‍♀️
My referral section also disappeared. There were lots of talks about how much the referral program cost Tesla and they were going to revamp it going forward.
I guess they just took the first step by removing it from the website.

“any day now”

etc.

Talked to Schaumburg again today. Now they are saying they will have an update early next week. It’s basically a broken record at this point. They did ask me very nicely to be patient though.

When it comes to battery degradation, I'm extremely impressed with my current Hyundai Kona Electric.. Bought it new in June 2019 and drove already 51000 miles and most of my charging is DC fast (over 170 DC Fast charges so far) and the car still gets the same range than when I got it brand new, well above the factory rating of 258 miles per charge.. Around town, I get 350 miles (no kidding) with the AC off and about 320 miles with the AC on.. Highway is of course less but I can get close to 250 miles range with the AC off at 70 mph. Hyundai uses LG cells with high Cobalt.. Tesla is trying to get away from Cobalt but high cobalt is known to be very good to minimize degradation.. Tesla's "million mile battery" patent is actually high in cobalt. I don't know what the exact chemistry of the Tesla Panasonic battery is but based on what I read it is low in Cobalt. They are going with Nickel instead of Cobalt..
Agreed, the Hyundai has gone over and beyond my expectation. Only limitation is size with a growing family.

out of interest, what was your home charging solution for the Kona? And now with your Tesla, are you changing to the wall connector?

I've got an early June birthday, so I'm all about the early summer bday parties! Hopefully I'll get to use the frunk as a beer cooler for my birthday party haha
My birthday is June 9 and I would LOVE for my Tesla to be delivered before then. Heck I’m happy when it gets here in the estimated dates of June. I’ll celebrate twice!