Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
AN OVERLY OPTIMISTIC UPDATE THAT REALLY ISN'T AN UPDATE

Talked to the delivery team at my SC today. I actually called yesterday and their "system was down" so they instructed me to call back today. (N.B. I actually believe them when they say their system was down because they could have bought more time with me through some other B.S. story).

Anyway, called back today and they said, without looking at my order at all, "we had a call this morning because we were expecting things to start moving and were told that the system will update tonight/this evening."

I replied by asking if I should just call back tomorrow then and their response was "yes".

While this tells me/us absolutely nothing at all, the thing that does have me optimistic is the fact that unless they thought that they might actually have something to tell me, why would you not buy yourself more time with an answer like "we got nothin but maybe next week".

Anyway, that's my two cents for midday Tuesday... onto page 400.

Talked to the delivery team at my SC today. I actually called yesterday and their "system was down" so they instructed me to call back today. (N.B. I actually believe them when they say their system was down because they could have bought more time with me through some other B.S. story).

Anyway, called back today and they said, without looking at my order at all, "we had a call this morning because we were expecting things to start moving and were told that the system will update tonight/this evening."

I replied by asking if I should just call back tomorrow then and their response was "yes".

While this tells me/us absolutely nothing at all, the thing that does have me optimistic is the fact that unless they thought that they might actually have something to tell me, why would you not buy yourself more time with an answer like "we got nothin but maybe next week".

Here is hoping it’s true :) 🍻

We did a test drive at an event last week and the SA advised me that Tesla was going to become more competitive on trades and she would get me a new estimate. Followed up by text and finally got a reply, No James, trade in value never goes up anywhere, in fact ICE cars depreciate 🤯

• Informative
Reactions: dsandhu
When combing through the source code of the page routinely searching for a VIN, did any one else notice the Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving price of $14,000?
I know they got rid of Enhanced AP a while back (IIRC), but why the $14,000? Is this a price increase or a vestige of previous pricing?
1621967215976.png

When combing through the source code of the page routinely searching for a VIN, did any one else notice the Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving price of $14,000?
I know they got rid of Enhanced AP a while back (IIRC), but why the $14,000? Is this a price increase or a vestige of previous pricing?
View attachment 666072
This may be the new purchase price for FSD when v9 and subscription comes out. 14k for FSD outright, 4k for enhanced autopilot. Interesting, nice find!

I'm also wondering, based on the glitches that some have been seeing on their order pages saying that their Model Y comes with Enhanced Autopilot, if they'll give Model Ys and 3s that were delayed by this firmware update or whatever Enhanced Autopilot for free. Doubt it, but that would be wild.

Looks like this is the reason fro the containment hold and delays.

Tesla confirms removing radar for all NA builds on and after May 2021.

"For a short period during this transition, cars with Tesla Vision may be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, including:

• Autosteer will be limited to a maximum speed of 75 mph and a longer minimum following distance.
  • Smart Summon (if equipped) and Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance may be disabled at delivery.
In the weeks ahead, we’ll start restoring these features via a series of over-the-air software updates. All other available Autopilot and Full Self-Driving features will be active at delivery, depending on order configuration."

Fellow Illinoisian, which location did you call today? I called today, they looked me up and said no updates at this time.

So I can’t add links but Tesla just put out a support article titled “Transitioning to Tesla Vision” and confirmed all deliveries from May 2021 onward will not have radar. Also included is this bit:
For a short period during this transition, cars with Tesla Vision may be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, including:
  • Autosteer will be limited to a maximum speed of 75 mph and a longer minimum following distance.
  • Smart Summon (if equipped) and Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance may be disabled at delivery.

This could be the reason for the holdup and firmware update