Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This site has got me excited to place an order for an MY, but with the 3-13 week range on the site, suggestions of EAP and FSD price increases, and Tesla Vision changes, no clue. WFH until September, need a car by end of August. 13 weeks from today is end of August. (BTW the excitement of reading the posts here has kept me captivated for past two days--it's like a soap opera!)
I suggest you follow this thread:

Delivery on hold until July?

There are several of us in a similar situation.

• Informative
Reactions: swheat6345
I got a text that my MY (LR, white ext/black int, 7 seat, AP, 19inch) is ready to be scheduled for delivery. VIN number is 188,4XX Ordered 4/16,
Picking it up in Bloomington, Illinois tomorrow.

Use this address as a way to bypass the account page nightmare. tesla.com/schedule/RN1148XXXXX (replace XXXXX with your MY reservation number) if your car is ready to be picked up, it should bring you to the scheduling page (also, you might have to log out of your account first and then use that link)
Mind telling me who your rep is in Bloomington? You can dm me if you want.

Right? I took my order off hold 4/24, but I placed the order 2/1. Had to hold for so long because the CA DMV had to process a bunch of title changes for my previous car before I could trade it in. So just casually been waiting for 4 months.
Wow, that's a long haul! I originally ordered in early March, a white on white MYP (the day we test drove) and figured we had at least a month to get everything ready. I got a VIN# like the next day and panicked, rode it out for a few days and then put our account on hold. Changed the color and reordered and have seen very few MYPs taking delivery since. Had dates as early as April and now still waiting, don't mean to sound bitter on newer orders getting VIN#s but damn, getting old..

Reactions: cheryltunt
this is incorrect, last year when I got my M3 there was a hole in the driver side fender looked like a softball went through it. They "found" me another car the next day.
Yea, that's a blatant defect that they should have caught before they presented the car to you for inspection. Maybe it happened on the lot after prep though. Anyway, a nitpicky rejection *probably* would not warrant finding another car - I'm sure Tesla would rather try to fix it in a subsequent service appointment.

I don’t want to sound petty, but how are people that ordered almost a month after me getting there VIN before me?
First, you're asking the wrong people...anyone answering here will mostly be speculation.

That said, historically the cars go out in some kind of combinations, so like LR tend to go out to one area, then P out to an area, then specific colors go out at once, then...But in this case, a lot of cars are sitting on lots just seemingly waiting for the firmware updates to hit them, and they don't actually have the ability to push to specific cars in any kind of order that I've ever seen, so they're probably just loading up batches of cars for updates (like anything made in the last month or something) and the cars will get the updates when they do.

That means there could be newer cars getting the updates and being ready first, but they go to the people first on the list waiting for that combination of features in that area. If it happens that only 1 person in the Denver area needs that combination, for example, they'd be assigned the VIN since the car's already there at the delivery center, even if the only ordered 3 days ago. That's kind-of why the most common combinations are going in way more order than the stranger ones...because there's probably a lot more people waiting on those in the areas the cars are sitting than others.

Reactions: asenseoftri
Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration. It is a combination of all those variables, not first come first serve.
Yeah yeah. And also how the stars were aligned, if the traffic in Fremont was bad that day, how the dollar was doing on the market, and what the price of tea in China was that day too.

not to be blunt, but I don’t friggin care! Call me Varuca Salt if you want….I want my golden goose NOW daddy!!!