Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope - no change from the June 16-30 time frame. I dropped by the store in Montgomery Mall on Monday, and talked with the store leader to check on any updates and to glean any intel (I find in-person interaction more effective with Tesla.) I was chatting about accessories and if they were available at the DC to purchase (they are not,) and how long it takes for online fulfillment. He said that you better order now. I also mentioned that I needed more than 3 days notice to transfer cash from a brokerage account to my checking account, and he said I also better do that now. Whether that means anything, IDK, but I initiated the transfer yesterday.
Be careful with the $. I was told I would have a delivery two weeks ago today (inventory car). I had a time. I wired the money. About two hours later, they canceled the delivery because of all this firmware, etc mess and they still have my money. Even though they began “processing the refund” 10 days ago.

I wouldn’t send a wire until you are there taking delivery.

Reactions: Sparecurl
I haven't received a VIN yet but so happy to see this move along for lot of folks!

I am stressing right now since I leave on vacation tomorrow and back June 1st. What happens if one cannot pick up on the given date. Will SC hold car for a week?

Hopefully my SA at highland park responds soon and I can enjoy my vacation 😞

Reactions: Sudsington
Curious why you choose rockville instead of owings mills?
Several reasons. I grew up in Rockville, so I am more familiar with the area, and I don't find it as sketchy as Owings Mills / Reisterstown Road neighborhood. They are also roughly the same distance from my place in Annapolis. The Montgomery Mall showroom location was the first Tesla facility I visited before they were even producing cars, so I have some sort of weird nostalgia for that. Plus since it is a large shopping mall, there is other stuff to do when finished with a test drive / pestering SAs, lol.

I should also add that I was scared off by many Google reviews about the Owings Mills service department and employees.

Last edited:
I haven't received a VIN yet but so happy to see this move along for lot of folks!

I am stressing right now since I leave on vacation tomorrow and back June 1st. What happens if one cannot pick up on the given date. Will SC hold car for a week?

Hopefully my SA at highland park responds soon and I can enjoy my vacation 😞
This is pasted from the order agreement: You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you do not respond to our no1fica1on or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers.

@David1986 After June 30 the rebate drops to $500 from $2,000 for us lucky NYers. They changed the MSRP threshold to $42k. How the Drive Clean Rebate Works - NYSERDA

I'm still excited about my car and not cancelling my order over this, but does anyone feel a little... misled? The website said the MY came with radar when ordering so we essentially paid for that hardware, and the fine print mentions that after you order you may not get new features released after the order was placed but it says nothing about them being allowed to take features away. Now we're essentially being forced into beta testing Tesla Vision and not getting full functionality at delivery because it's potentially unsafe? If there ends up being issues with Vision after more cars are using it, there's no easy way to go back to radar for our cars.

I get that the plan is to stop using the radar across the board and hopefully it'll be a smooth rollout, but it's clearly not there yet. I feel like the least they could do is throw in EAP for those of us who didn't order FSD, and a discount on FSD for those who ordered it, in exchange for giving us vehicles that differ from what we ordered and will have limited functionality for at least the short term and possibly long term if this experiment doesn't pan out.

100% agree.
Elon correctly assumed that most buyers will not cancel their order over this change, but this is not good news for us. Cars with Radar will still have the Pure Vision software, but with the additional data/protection from Radar when visibility is low (at night or in inclement weather).

Reactions: dsandhu
I got the same thing and texted back asking for a VIN. He sent one and it turned out to be someone from the SC. One difference is that mine is being delivered to my house, I think.
I hope to get access tomorrow to the site to figure it out.
Quick update.
VIN and Link to Schedule My Delivery happened last night 5/25 with 5/26-5/29 as my delivery window.
I was able to schedule 5/27.
I have no access to "my account" to finalize documents.
This AM 5/26 received and automated call asking to confirm delivery.
Still no access to "my account".

This is fun... at least the car is scheduled for delivery.

It’s delivery day!

As it states here “Please don't be "that guy" that blocks Tesla deliveries and staff for hours while going over your new car with a microscope! You can report all of the above after you get home, at your leisure: you have a day/100 miles. “

Should I basically do a quick scan of the vehicle inside and out and then do the rest at home?

It’s delivery day!

As it states here “Please don't be "that guy" that blocks Tesla deliveries and staff for hours while going over your new car with a microscope! You can report all of the above after you get home, at your leisure: you have a day/100 miles. “

Should I basically do a quick scan of the vehicle inside and out and then do the rest at home?

My drive home is 200+ miles, so I don't have the luxury of waiting! I won't be that picky though, so should be a quick check and go.