Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Annnnnnd EDD is gone. Again. Hopefully this means something is going to move faster than expected.

A796724D-FFA5-44D0-AF41-88181B4834ED.jpeg

Agreed - not true. That has always been the case for me as well. I have only ever bought 1 car in SC where I live...we buy most of our cars in either Atlanta or in North Carolina as the car prices are always better for some reason (not counting Tesla's obviously). I always just pay SC taxes (which are almost nothing thankfully) no matter where I actually take delivery of the car.
Thanks for this.. I’m just trying to get a hold of these guys and figure out the best that they can say.. Fingers crossed. Will update

Reactions: GoGators!
So… I just checked my account page and my VIN was gone and the EDD went to 9-13 weeks. I called the delivery center and he said that the VIN is still assigned to me, but the car hasn’t been built yet. He said the EDD was an error in the system, but that I should expect delivery in the next week and a half. Not quite as exciting as thinking it was coming this week, but it’s still on track.

Just following up on my previous report. Thanks to everyone who helped me learn about autopilot stopping at intersections even with a green light. It works as advertised. With another day of driving both city and highway, I can honestly say that I don't know what is missing by not having radar. The UI shows a car in front of the car ahead of me. TV seems to work great. Today the SC fixed my front seat trim that was loose. I still have the wire peaking through the seam, but it doesn't appear that it can move anywhere and it doesn't interfere with seat operations. At this point it is just something that I cannot "un-see." The wax was removed from the trim. HomeLink installed and works great. The SC team was very friendly. Was in and out in about an hour.

Go examine the delivery spreadsheet. You will find VINs in the 183xxx range manufactured in May, and 186xxx manufactured in April. And you can find similar examples for every month back to the beginning. They are not built in sequence. I was surprised by it, too.
Just because they were assigned those days doesn't necessarily mean they were manufactured those days. This of course would need corroboration with the actual build dates.

Status update is no update. EDD has not returned to my account, no VIN. hoping to see some movement soon because I’d like to lock in my quoted loan rate (1.89%) before it expires in a week. But I’ve heard from others here that Bank of America takes several days to send the funds to Tesla, which will likely throw a monkey wrench into delivery scheduling. Worst case, I figure I could ask Tesla financing to match it?

Ordered: 4/25
Car: MY LR 5 seater black/black no tow/FSD 19 in wheels
BFC0D545-32C0-4C0D-BB11-14BAD181B25A.jpeg

Like many of you said: it's one thing to wait with little to no updates... It's another when you see other people who ordered much later with same configurations and locations getting their VINS before me. Messaged my SA and this was her response /:

Go examine the delivery spreadsheet. You will find VINs in the 183xxx range manufactured in May, and 186xxx manufactured in April. And you can find similar examples for every month back to the beginning. They are not built in sequence. I was surprised by it, too.
Very interesting. I thought legally they had to build in order.

Shows my age. Back in the day with my 2013 S they did build in VIN order. No idea why they wouldn’t now. But, I also don’t know why they can’t have a real process for delivery.

Is it just me or is there anyone else who is enjoying this wait.. Sometimes I wonder what will I do with the free time once I get the car. I spend a significant amount of time every day reading / refreshing this forum

I was enjoying it more before I got an actual VIN with an actual delivery date. Now the wait is getting harder. And I'm old and supposedly patient. :)