Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call from two different SAs after reaching out to them about being flexible on configuration and they both mentioned that deliveries on MYPs are much sooner. Was matched with a few but I was not able to respond in time due to being caught up on work calls.
I would suggest doing something similar to what @elguapo did and make a new reservation for the performance model so you don’t lose your existing spot in line for the non-P model. Worth the $100 as an insurance policy.

Okay, this was discussed 8 million pages ago, but I need recommendations for floor mats for 7 seater. I have the front driver and passenger mats from WeatherTech, but I have 2nd and trunk mats for 5 seater since that was my OG order.

Now I am getting a 7 seater and the second row, trunk, etc from weather tech won’t fit. Appears Tesmanian doesn’t sell just the second row for 7, etc.

Any help as I rebuild my accessory collection pre-delivery would be appreciated!
I pre-ordered the 7 seater mats from Tesla Shields.

• Informative
Reactions: elguapo
So after emailing my SA today she gave me some options she could see internally at different locations and matched me up to another one in a different province. So I'll be taking a couple hour flight and making a weekend get away out of it with my wife while gramps takes care of my little ones.

Changed to a LR/MSM/Black/7/Geminis/No tow/FSD. Estimated delivery is June 9-14. VIN is 203xxx 👌

Will change out the Geminis for an Induction type wheel but in a 19 inch format to save a bit on ride and rotating mass after I get it. At some point I'll pay extra for the tow to get put on it.

Thinking of switching my order to a MYP instead of LR. Admittedly I dont NEED the performance version however I can take delivery in 2 to 3 weeks versus waiting til mid August as my current LR reservation states. Anyone else plan on doing the same?
Not for me. I don’t feel the Peformance is worth the $10K premium. The true 0-60, without roll-out, is more like 3.7-3.8 sec. If I want more performance than LR then I will just get AB for $2K and be done with it.

So after emailing my SA today she gave me some options she could see internally at different locations and matched me up to another one in a different province. So I'll be taking a couple hour flight and making a weekend get away out of it with my wife while gramps takes care of my little ones.

Changed to a LR/MSM/Black/7/Geminis/No tow/FSD. Estimated delivery is June 9-14. VIN is 203xxx 👌

Will change out the Geminis for an Induction type wheel but in a 19 inch format to save a bit on ride and rotating mass after I get it. At some point I'll pay extra for the tow to get put on it.
Sounds like a really fun way to welcome your Tesla to the family!

Reactions: rmack
Update: found nearly identical config in inventory at my local SC late Thursday evening (6/3) and ordered it right away. Has Gemini wheels instead of induction (doesn’t matter to me at all, hubby preferred the inductions but no big deal). Got a VIN 146xxx and MVPA immediately, delivery date of 6/6 offered, since I told my SA that I was hoping to use my quoted APR before it expired on 6/8.

Called my bank Friday morning, they said they’d expedite everything so I would be able to electronically sign a financing agreement on Saturday at the latest, in order for me to take delivery tomorrow/Sunday. Meanwhile, I visited the SC lot in Charlotte on Friday afternoon and found my MYLR! Has updated center console and functioning passenger lumbar. Needs to be washed, but otherwise looks great.

Today/Saturday: sold my old car to Carmax for $1k more than other sites (old car, over 127k miles, so my low expectations were exceeded. Win.) But I haven’t heard a peep from my bank though and am fully prepared for them to drop the ball and fail to have “expedited” anything at all. Got to the bank before it closed and got a certified check issued as a backup plan. Would REALLY prefer to finance this thing instead, but it’s after 7pm on Saturday here on the east coast now and I doubt I’ll see #&$* from the bank in time for my delivery. Definitely not the first time they have royally messed up on large purchases, and we’ve learned to keep a backup plan ready. who knows? Maybe they’ll surprise me 🤷‍♀️

As for my original order placed on May 9: still no VIN, no Tesla Vision button in my account, no change to the EDD of 7/22-8/11. I’ll drop that order only after I pick up the inventory find. Fingers crossed 🤞

Visited the PGH DC (Wexford) today. About 10 MY in the lot awaiting deliveries, and there was a truck being unloaded. Mostly MSM, White or Blue.

Our SA wasn’t there, but another SA was surprised that our delivery was pushed out to August . They mentioned that they are still getting 7 seater deliveries, and just delivered some this weekend for orders from early April.

They offered to check on our order status but came back and said they couldn’t provide any further status update and to wait for contact from our SA on Monday (guessing it’s not a good sign).

They did ask if we would take a “Demo” vehicle should one become available and made a note on our order.

MY LR 7 seat with tow, ordered 4/19 (5-8 wk lead time), had 6/19-6/30 estimate , but now 07/20-08/05 EDD.

Reactions: JohnC-PA
Just leaving the Reno SC. They pulled up my account and showed a soft match with a firm production date of 6/4 and delivery date of 6/8. Unfortunately since Reno isn't that big he says the date more than likely will change as they need to wait for enough Reno cars to fill up the transporter.
If it makes you feel any better. I also placed an order for a Model Y at the Reno SC about 2 weeks ago. Hopefully we'll get our cars soon!

Reactions: Soosh
One week after delivery with a few thoughts. I am charging the car more that I thought I would have to, maybe because I use Sentry mode, but partially because the range figures that Tesla / EPA uses are *generous.* I don't have the option to charge at home as we live in a condo, but I do have the option for free charging at my gym for an hour or so while working out - the rest is done with Supercharging. Second, I'm loving infuriating the boy racers in their Jeeps and pickups who want to push me from behind to exceed the speed limit by more than 12 mph (13+ is when the cops get interested in you in my state.) When I've had enough, I just accelerate and leave them in my dust, lol. Eventually they will pass when lane space allows, but it's so much fun to put them in their place. I've seen no reason for the Performance package: the 19" Geminis are softer, and the car is plenty fast - although I am still on the fence about buying the AB option. I am looking to powder coat the Geminis satin black, quoted $195/wheel from a shop in Laurel, might trek out to Dulles to visit another shop for quotes.

Got my vin at noon today. Just got a call telling me I needed to decide on trade in or risk losing my vin. Really had to compose myself. I saw red, After this cluster…… of a process, with zero idea when my car would come, payoff # on my trade off by 5k which I have now talked to 3 people about. I told her I didn’t appreciate being rushed. And if or when, they got the correct buyout amount on my car I’d be happy to make a decision. Asked her to have a nice night. Really starting to second guess my decision to buy a Tesla.

Just leaving the Reno SC. They pulled up my account and showed a soft match with a firm production date of 6/4 and delivery date of 6/8. Unfortunately since Reno isn't that big he says the date more than likely will change as they need to wait for enough Reno cars to fill up the transporter.
If it makes you feel any better, I placed an order for a Model Y about 2 weeks ago at the Reno SC. Hopefully, we get our cars soon!

Got my vin at noon today. Just got a call telling me I needed to decide on trade in or risk losing my vin. Really had to compose myself. I saw red, After this cluster…… of a process, with zero idea when my car would come, payoff # on my trade off by 5k which I have now talked to 3 people about. I told her I didn’t appreciate being rushed. And if or when, they got the correct buyout amount on my car I’d be happy to make a decision. Asked her to have a nice night. Really starting to second guess my decision to buy a Tesla.

What Tesla SC are you picking up from?

Fwiw, I found the MYP 21” Uber turbine ride quality to be no less harsh than a bmw with sports package. I heard they improved the ride quality some time in 2021 (versus 2020 models). The acceleration is a personal thing, but I love it!
I did read that as well. But I think the $1,500 every 15k miles threw me off. I drive that amount in 9-10 months, so the savings on gas just went out the window.

All is right with the world! This car is AMAZING! No lumbar on pass seat but hey I’m driving lol. All I can say is it’s worth the wait!!!!!!

Love your plates!

Stupid Illinois doesn’t allow specialty plates on EVs. I’ve never wanted until now. Spent bunch of time over the course of many days on DMV website trying to see available options. Once decided, I went to look up how the process works, come to find out that you have to get an EV specific plates and you are not allowed specialty options.

Totally agree about the essential lack of transparency on their side. The reality is though that there are probably 10+ people behind you waiting to take that car and Tesla knows this.

One week after delivery with a few thoughts. I am charging the car more that I thought I would have to, maybe because I use Sentry mode, but partially because the range figures that Tesla / EPA uses are *generous.* I don't have the option to charge at home as we live in a condo, but I do have the option for free charging at my gym for an hour or so while working out - the rest is done with Supercharging. Second, I'm loving infuriating the boy racers in their Jeeps and pickups who want to push me from behind to exceed the speed limit by more than 12 mph (13+ is when the cops get interested in you in my state.) When I've had enough, I just accelerate and leave them in my dust, lol. Eventually they will pass when lane space allows, but it's so much fun to put them in their place. I've seen no reason for the Performance package: the 19" Geminis are softer, and the car is plenty fast - although I am still on the fence about buying the AB option. I am looking to powder coat the Geminis satin black, quoted $195/wheel from a shop in Laurel, might trek out to Dulles to visit another shop for quotes.
Range is accurate at like 60 degrees, flat surface, 55mph or so.

I often go to the mountains about 160 miles from my house. My range at 100% on my five year old X is 225 miles. Elevation at my house is 300ft and mountains are 2,800ft or so. I can not get from my house to mountains on a single charge. Elevation kills range. In winter, it’s even worse. Heat pump will help, but only marginally.

On the way home, out of the mountains, I can get home on one charge with 30-40 miles left.

Wherever you go, always leave at least a 20% buffer.

I just got a text inviting me to select a delivery date. But the dates offered are all more than a week from now. I sent an email to the SA asking if one could be scheduled sooner. We'll see what he says. If nothing else, I will have the car in ten days, but I hope it can be sooner. My EDD now says June 7-13 (as of this afternoon), but the earliest date they are offering is the 14th.
I received my delivery date with a 10+ day spread like that as well - estimated was 3-9th and first day I could schedule was the 10th / car isn’t supposed to arrive on the lot until the 9th though so nothing my SA could do.