Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I suppose it's fitting to post my "graduation photo" in this thread. Quick back story: I ordered a white on black LR back in April 13 and on April 14th regretted not getting MSM. 🥴 But I still love white and was excited for it, and went through the whole roller coaster with everyone here.

Last week on June 3rd, I hastily placed a new order, paid a new $100 (and the new higher price to boot), to reserve an MSM demo car with 347 miles - March 2021 built, VIN 161xxx. The next morning I got the automated delivery text and scheduled the earliest date which was June 9th. A couple hours later Tesla Burbank called and asked if I wanted Sunday, June 6th instead.

Aaaaand today at 11:30 AM, my dogs started going nuts at something going on outside, and I knew it had to be the car. 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️I am so glad I went for it and got the color I really wanted.

Had I never learned of so called fit and finish issues, I would never have even checked anything on the car. It looked perfect from the non-fanatic eye. Nonetheless, because I was scrutinizing, there were one or two minor things that I'm not even going to bother reporting.

Thanks everyone for making my Tesla ordering/waiting experience both amazing and horrible (because ignorance would have been bliss😆).

IMG_0251.JPG
IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG

Well I suppose it's fitting to post my "graduation photo" in this thread. Quick back story: I ordered a white on black LR back in April 13 and on April 14th regretted not getting MSM. 🥴 But I still love white and was excited for it, and went through the whole roller coaster with everyone here.

Last week on June 3rd, I hastily placed a new order, paid a new $100 (and the new higher price to boot), to reserve an MSM demo car with 347 miles - March 2021 built, VIN 161xxx. The next morning I got the automated delivery text and scheduled the earliest date which was June 9th. A couple hours later Tesla Burbank called and asked if I wanted Sunday, June 6th instead.

Aaaaand today at 11:30 AM, my dogs started going nuts at something going on outside, and I knew it had to be the car. 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️I am so glad I went for it and got the color I really wanted.

Had I never learned of so called fit and finish issues, I would never have even checked anything on the car. It looked perfect from the non-fanatic eye. Nonetheless, because I was scrutinizing, there were one or two minor things that I'm not even going to bother reporting.

Thanks everyone for making my Tesla ordering/waiting experience both amazing and horrible (because ignorance would have been bliss😆).

View attachment 670397View attachment 670398View attachment 670400
So beautiful!!! I have MSM too - I was briefly tempted by a black demo model, but seeing yours, I'm so glad I stuck to my order. Congrats!

Just picked up my MYLR at 10 am today in Brentwood, TN!!! 30 min inspection, the car was very pristine, no upholstery smudges/marks, and well aligned, only some residual plastic. No mud flaps, PPF, or passenger lumbar control. It did have two USB C ports in the console and a USB A port in the glove compartment that had a Tesla 128GB thumb drive plugged in. Only about 10 min of paperwork including trade-in and out of there. I know they checked the odometer of the trade-in, but don't know what else they might have checked. They did that while we were inspecting the car.

An A+ to the Tesla folks in Brentwood, very pleased. We were able to play with many features on the 200 mile trip back home. Autosteer was great, but we found out if you ignore the Autosteer nag to wiggle the wheel, it won't let you play Autosteer anymore until it's been in park! I guess I need to learn how much wiggle the MY needs....
Happy to hear you had a pleasant experience with them as I pick up on the 18th as of right now with a trade in as well. Looking forward to the experience now knowing you had such a good one.

I've been pretty quiet on here but just watching this thread grow like crazy. Fun to see people get their VINs, delivery dates, and cars. Waiting for this car feels like waiting for Christmas as a kid; the wait is painful but it is also a big contributor to the overall excitement.

Order: May 15
Current EDD: July 5-25
Options: White/white, 7-seater, 20" wheels, w/ tow, no FSD

My delivery date has been all over the place but at least the account page hasn't crashed on me in a while! Progress :)

I wouldn't say it's necessarily "easy". It's not like it's a setting in the UI. You have dig behind your wheel well cover, pop it off, and then disable the speaker completely. I think you also need to buy like a $10 part to cover the now-loose wires.
Depending on where you live, you may also be subject to a hefty fine for disabling. Please check your local laws.

Figured I post another MD update here. Details in my sig already but for mobile guys, ordered 5/14, MYLR 7-seat, VIN: 202***

For the last week or so, my EDD has been updated daily being pushed up a day, it's like watching a baby learn how to walk towards you for the first time...

May 29: "3-13 weeks"
June 1: 6/16-6/22
June 2: 6/14-6/20
June 3: 6/13-6/19
June 4-5: 6/12-6/18
June 6: 6/11-6/17

Figured I post another MD update here. Details in my sig already but for mobile guys, ordered 5/14, MYLR 7-seat, VIN: 202***

For the last week or so, my EDD has been updated daily being pushed up a day, it's like watching a baby learn how to walk towards you for the first time...

May 29: "3-13 weeks"
June 1: 6/16-6/22
June 2: 6/14-6/20
June 3: 6/13-6/19
June 4-5: 6/12-6/18
June 6: 6/11-6/17
The estimate window is shrinking, which is a positive sign. Mine had been shrinking for the past 4-5 days before a confirmed delivery appointment came.

Reactions: casey1202