Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know if they will rate match after you have accepted the terms? I was going to just refinance after taking delivery but it would be easier to get them to ratematch and not change later.
Yes they will rate match even after accepting, just send them the approval from your other bank or credit union and they will match.

It has been 2 weeks since getting VIN. I called to see what was going on. My car is still in California (I am in MD) and the SA told me it could be another 3 weeks to take delivery. Anyone ever have a 5 week waiting period between VIN and delivery?
I sure hope not, I got my VIN a few days ago and it hasn't been given a shipping date yet. I am hoping that it gets on a truck next week or they will not make their delivery window...

Reactions: erindayhaw
Took delivery of MY yesterday afternoon in Paramus, NJ. The process was really smooth and easy.

The only two issues I found were that the glovebox sometimes gets stuck and has button has to be hit multiple times and the coat hanger in the rear passenger side does not stay closed. My DA helped log it to the delivery system and showed me how to make a service request. They will be coming to my house to fix the issues soon.

Also on door and panel gaps, the panel gaps were mostly good and nothing that would need to be fixed, but could definitely be better. The door alignment for the rear doors were also slightly off, but not enough that they would need to be adjusted. All the doors functioned properly with no rubbing.

All in all it was a very good experience, and the 200 mile ride back home was a lot of fun and I was able to use my first V3 supercharger. I will for sure be putting the acceleration into Chill mode for my daily commuting. Good luck to everyone else on delivery! It is so worth the wait!!!
The coat hanger strikes again! This is probably Tesla never wanted them...

Do you know if they will rate match after you have accepted the terms? I was going to just refinance after taking delivery but it would be easier to get them to ratematch and not change later.
Yes [email protected] will match and issue you a check for the difference in interest for the life of the loan if you request within 7 days after delivery.

Some people with a DCU 65 month loan are matching for 72 months, but others only for 60 months.

Reactions: drivethefuture
Yes [email protected] will match and issue you a check for the difference in interest for the life of the loan if you request within 7 days after delivery.

Some people with a DCU 65 month loan are matching for 72 months, but others only for 60 months.
Thanks I'm interested in a 65 month DCU match, but 60 would be fine also! I don't want to get too deep into the DCU loan process that I need to stick with it, worried about being on the hook for two loans lol.

A sub 1% rate!! That is the lowest I’ve seen! A bunch of us are getting 1.24% @ 65 months through DCU and Tesla is matching for some buyers for 72 months and others for 60 months.
I also have 0.98%/60 months via Tesla by rate matching Delta Community Credit Union. The downside? It expires 7/20 and I'll likely not have taken delivery by then. I'll get to throw away that savings along with $1,500 from the NYS rebate that reduces on 6/30. :confused:

Thanks I'm interested in a 65 month DCU match, but 60 would be fine also! I don't want to get too deep into the DCU loan process that I need to stick with it, worried about being on the hook for two loans lol.
Only way you would be stuck with DCU is if you digitally sign the DocuSign agreement. Just don't sign it and you are not on the hook for anything.

Reactions: drivethefuture
I don't get DCU (Digital Credit Union). Are we supposed to apply online for the loan or call? I am already a member...
Apply online, but I called a couple days after (applied on a Sat, called on a Mon. morning). I called to hurry them up and confirm they would apply the 0.25% discount for an energy efficient vehicle. Not everyone knows what a Tesla is. And confirmed the 0.5% discount for setting up direct deposit (you have a 90-day grace period). After the call I had all the paperwork needed within a few hours.

It has been 2 weeks since getting VIN. I called to see what was going on. My car is still in California (I am in MD) and the SA told me it could be another 3 weeks to take delivery. Anyone ever have a 5 week waiting period between VIN and delivery?
Not to torque you, but miy VIN to delivery was 4 days - but that was the result of the May containment hold where the car was already on the storage lot at Tysons Corner, but couldn't be delivered to the SC in Rockville until Tesla updated firmware to support Tesla Vision. I could have had it in 1 day, lol. Typically, you are issued a VIN when the car is being manufactured in Fremont. It takes a few days to load onto a truck, then a number of days to travel across country. Five weeks sounds inaccurate.

Last edited:
I'm hearing some horror stories on Facebook groups about SCs calling people yesterday to cancel their deliveries that were scheduled for today. Some in NY, some NV, some TX. Apparently cars are still sitting in the rail yard in Cali. SC is telling people they do not know when to expect the cars. No loaners offered etc.. I know my SA confirmed this morning that car is still in Cali, I doubt they meet the 6/18 delivery...

Update: 4/25 order date for MY/Blue/Black/Gemini/Tow. 203XXX made in May. Picked up today at Owings Mills Service Center north of Baltimore. Raining, so not posting any pics yet. Arrived on-time, but car was about 45 min late coming out of the "detailing" shop.

Fit/Finish:
-Generally fine and doubt I'd really notice anything if I wasn't glued to this forum last 6 weeks. Raining so detailed paint assessment is TBD.
-Driver-side rear door is still prone to a small misalignment. Wondering if Tesla in Fremont basically gave up rectifying this and simply lets SCs deal with it. Minor and I'll probably not do anything about it.
-Frunk is maybe 1 mm off to one side, but again, I can live with that.
-Rear clothes hooks fine, but I'm not putting anything too heavy on those...ever.
-Passenger B-pillar trim is dropped slightly compared to driver-side, but not worth much more thought.

Functionality:
-Drop-down seats stick sometimes and passenger side won't really drop unless driver side (larger) has already dropped. I'll give it some time to wear in and then consider a service request.
-No mudflaps or PPF. Plug where passenger lumbar is normally installed.
-I still have not verified that tow hitch is actually there. Rain made working down there a pain (on to-do list).

Process:
-They put keycards in car and we could check outside and inside before I paid or signed anything. App was not yet operative (see next comment).
-If you choose to pay day-of with a check, be aware there may be slight delay using the app while the financial dept on-site scans your check and activates your account. You can still drive away with the key-cards. My app was initialized while I was still there fiddling with the screen.

Driving Experience:
-Pouring on the ride home, so no comments on noise levels, but felt very comfortable (on-par with my '15 Forester) and did not feel harsh to me at all. Wheel seemed aligned correctly and no vibration at <65 mph.
-Back visibility is what it is, but side and blindspot (yes, I still like to look around when changing lanes) is only slightly worse than Forester (which is awesome!) and similar to our CR-V.
-No autopilot experience yet.

For those waiting for your Model Y, hang in there. I think you'll be very happy with purchase.

Would you all consider demo from existing inventory with VIN of 117***. Only 1500 miles.
I don’t see why not, unless there’s some feature that’s very specific you need to have that isn’t provided within the 117s. I ended up reserving one in the 124s with 1300. It isn’t delivered yet, but if it all pans out, then it’s preferable for me over my 2013 X3.

Sharing a short story that'll hopefully end happily. My wife and I ordered the MYLR, red, Gemini, 7 seats, and a tow hitch on May 14. We finished the profile on the 15th. We had EDD on the website, and the SR said forecasting showed I should expect a VIN in mid-June and delivery the last week of June. We changed the color to blue and removed the 3rd row a week later; still no EDD on the website. We then changed the tires to the 20" Induction tires on May 29. We got an EDD a few days later for July 21 - August 10. Later than we wanted, obviously, but as someone on this forum has said, we probably got put in the back of the queue when we changed. I emailed the SR yesterday saying that we'd love to take delivery sooner, and we'd be willing to change the order to get rid of the tow hitch. I didn't hear back. I emailed the SR again today and said I was still looking for a response; we'd also be willing to accept the 19" Gemini tires and a demo unit if one was available. I got an email back "One sec, got something. Will call shortly." The SR called an hour later and said we have a demo unit without a tow hitch; if you want it, you can have it tomorrow. Hopefully, we'll be picking it up on Tuesday! Thank you to everyone on this forum for helping me realize I could make requests like this! Hopefully, I'll have an update on Tuesday!

FYI I'm in the Boston area.

I'm hearing some horror stories on Facebook groups about SCs calling people yesterday to cancel their deliveries that were scheduled for today. Some in NY, some NV, some TX. Apparently cars are still sitting in the rail yard in Cali. SC is telling people they do not know when to expect the cars. No loaners offered etc.. I know my SA confirmed this morning that car is still in Cali, I doubt they meet the 6/18 delivery...
I can confirm some logistics “issues” again. My car has been “en route” from the factory for over a week, with a set of Ys bound for Rockville. However, it’s still in CA per Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam and aditgarg