Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK so new update: the SA responded to me and stated that the current info shows it leaving CA on 7/11 and a projected DD of 7/26. Once again no idea why its been sitting there for almost a week now after production... All still seeming VERY familiar... Unless it ships out earlier than 7/11 we won't schedule delivery until then so we know its on the way. Again this is all so eerily familiar that I can't help but think there is yet more drama in-store...
this is actually really helpful for my crazy analytical mind - using your data points (15 days from leaving fremont to DD) and using the distance difference comparison between fremont - orlando and fremont - chicago my rough calculation is that it would take 11-12 days to get to my SC once my MY has left the factory factoring ~ +1 week of sitting in one of the fremont lots. Hopefully this means my VIN if (on time) should be stamped +/- a few days around the 30th if the universe works to my favor and I get delivery around my birthday 8/19

Last edited:
The sense that i am getting from the last page or so is that there is a broad general movement of MYs within the Tesla eco-sphere?

am I understanding this correctly or naw?
Sounds like there's a lot of movement for some folks who've had orders since april/ may.

My ED hasn't budged in a few days now. Given all the information I've gathered, I probably won't expect a huge update (VIN/ delivery date) until around week 8 and this is the end of week 5 for me.

Reactions: PatrickTM
OK so new update: the SA responded to me and stated that the current info shows it leaving CA on 7/11 and a projected DD of 7/26. Once again no idea why its been sitting there for almost a week now after production... All still seeming VERY familiar... Unless it ships out earlier than 7/11 we won't schedule delivery until then so we know its on the way. Again this is all so eerily familiar that I can't help but think there is yet more drama in-store...
I think they've put you though enough drama! At this point they just need to give you your dang car! lol

@digitalboi do you think they are making you wait to make sure you don't have the lumbar on the passenger seat so your husband can't sleep?

like at Tesla headquarters they were like:

"Digitalboi released his hold on their MY, we better remove the lumbar so there is no more sleeping in the passenger seat."

*removes lumbar*

"ok assign a VIN"

*assigns VIN*

"Oh no, take it back, that one has a lumbar......ABORT"

*removes VIN*

"Assign a 255*** VIN those will for sure not have a lumbar in the passenger seat"

So long story short thank your husband for making Tesla remove lumbar on the passenger seats and delaying your delivery 😂
Plot twist — @digitalboi is the one sleeping.

I feel like adding “unfortunately” was editorializing a perfectly reasonable explanation. Something tells me though that there is some truth behind those examples.
Nah, it's completely made up. Scout's honor. Nothing like that has ever happened. Not with Tesla. Pure fiction. 👻
in all seriousness i probably should have not ordered this thing when i had so much time on my hands and such little to do.
In all seriousness, these things are pretty awesome. Unfortunately (there's that word again! lol), the secret's out and it seems like everyone wants one now. We had two Teslas, his & hers, we sold my P3D+ when Covid hit because we were not even driving enough to warrant one, and then recently we sold our last one to get 7 seats (will make logistics easier, at least on the local scene, when grandparents visit us and our 2 kids). We've been Tesla-less for 5 weeks now and let me tell you, there isn't a second we're in our gasser that we don't miss our Teslas. Within reason, we could technically get any car on the market including semi-exotics. We have absolutely zero interest or desire or appreciation for anything that's not an EV, and unfortunately the other EVs are not yet competitive enough to consider (for a new-to-EV buyer, maybe; we know what the EV Life™️ is like and know what to look for and don't feel what's on the market right now would make us happy). TL;DR: wait for it, it'll be more than worth it, I promise 😜

227xxx, 230xxx are sending txt now... what happened to VIN 225 xxx LOL! VA Tyco.
Did you see my update? Looks like all the 225xxx & up VIN assignments were piling up in freemont & collecting dust for the past 8 days while the logistics team clearly took a long holiday. They are now all scheduled to head out by early next week. So expect delivery in the 10-15 days from then based on transit time to you..
My SA said if it leaves on time its schedule for delivery on the 26th… hopefully it will leave sooner and arrive sooner 🤞