Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
doesn't adding/removing FSD change the car price to newer values?
It shouldn't. Adding FSD should not constitute an order change. Adding FSD on existing order is also pretty much the only thing you can do yourself, online, without having to call your SA. Removing FSD online updates your pricing. Removing FSD via SA seems to be inconsistent - some SAs help the customer, some SAs screw the customer and update their pricing.

Remember, you can also add FSD after delivery and pay the $10k with a credit card, for people who don't want to finance the cost. So it wouldn't make sense to penalize active existing orders for adding FSD.

Reactions: Hangover
I'm really getting fed up with this process...next Saturday the 14th will mark 3 MONTHS from our order date. We were quoted 5-11 weeks at time of order, and 7/30 marked the end of 11 weeks. Sitting here in our 12th week of waiting with no VIN, nothing heard from Tyco SC. I'm going to keep trying the Richmond VA SC since I see they are more helpful. Our SA literally just reads me the EDD in our acct. Just getting really frustrated with a $70K+ purchase.

Well I tried the chat feature on the Model Y Tesla page and I wasn't able to get very much information. At first I was just told to expect a VIN "in the next few weeks". I told them I have already been waiting almost 11 weeks, so "next few weeks" is not a reasonable estimate. After asking about why my VIN disappeared after having an EDD of 8/6-8/26 I was told "Thanks for letting me know, and that typically means that we are finalizing on our end the last stage". I am not convinced this is actually true. I'm thinking it was more of a platitude to tie me over. Thought I'd share anyway.
I too think that when EDD disappears it might be a sign that you are getting closer to VIN assignment. I think, when the software can't figure out a reasonable estimate - it uses Oct / Nov as placeholder. When the software thinks that VIN assignment is imminent - it doesn't show anything.

Reactions: potter287
Sharing some optimism here...

My EDD later date has been static at 8/30, but the early date has been progressively pushing 1 day at a time to exactly 2 weeks away from the current date. I'd like to think that I'm close to that production slot since it takes ~2 weeks to get from Fremont to the east coast.

Cheers to everyone getting VINs soon!!

I'm really getting fed up with this process...next Saturday the 14th will mark 3 MONTHS from our order date. We were quoted 5-11 weeks at time of order, and 7/30 marked the end of 11 weeks. Sitting here in our 12th week of waiting with no VIN, nothing heard from Tyco SC. I'm going to keep trying the Richmond VA SC since I see they are more helpful. Our SA literally just reads me the EDD in our acct. Just getting really frustrated with a $70K+ purchase.

Your SA just reads the EDD in your account because they have no information whatsoever. They are just in the dark as we are. My SA does the same.

Anyone know what parts are different in the LR vs P? The only things I can imagine would be motor, brakes or wheels. Pretty sure the suspension is the same, as well as the other components. Leads me to believe this shift to October EDD's is nothing more than a recalibration of EDD's rather than a delay due to parts shortages. If parts shortages were the issue, I think we'd be seeing MYP EDD's changing as well.

Does anyone know what the Marietta, GA location is used for? It thought it was service only, but there is a parking lot with 25 -30 vehicles that appear to be new. Plastic over the front ends and door handles, etc. several MYPs there yesterday
I'll be taking delivery in Alpharetta which is another 30 minute drive for me compared to Marietta - which is not an option for pickup/delivery.
it's a service center but they do test drives out of there, too. they have a side lot that i'm guessing are cars that are waiting to be serviced.

Ordered an MP3 in Midnight Silver Metallic last week. Pretty excited to drive it. I was only able to test drive the LR which was very quick.
Not sure if you meant to post here, but this is the support group for us poor unfortunate souls waiting for eternity for MYs, not 3s. If you meant to post here, welcome to the club 😂

Reactions: potter287
Anyone know what parts are different in the LR vs P? The only things I can imagine would be motor, brakes or wheels. Pretty sure the suspension is the same, as well as the other components. Leads me to believe this shift to October EDD's is nothing more than a recalibration of EDD's rather than a delay due to parts shortages. If parts shortages were the issue, I think we'd be seeing MYP EDD's changing as well.
my LR MY has stayed on trend, didn't flip to october. I refuse to believe that means mine is coming sooner than anyone elses but we can't assume all LRMY's went to October EDD

Your SA just reads the EDD in your account because they have no information whatsoever. They are just in the dark as we are. My SA does the same.
I think the advantage the SA has over us is the volume of orders he/she may be looking at to make a better estimation of where in the EDD range we can expect our cars. But yes, I don't think they see anything different than what we see.

Would be great if a Tesla SA were a member here though. For a forward tech company without a PR department, it might be a good idea to send people out into social media and forums like this.

I think the advantage the SA has over us is the volume of orders he/she may be looking at to make a better estimation of where in the EDD range we can expect our cars. But yes, I don't think they see anything different than what we see.

Would be great if a Tesla SA were a member here though. For a forward tech company without a PR department, it might be a good idea to send people out into social media and forums like this.
wouldn't be surprised if a few SA's are lurking around here or maybe even Elon himself laughing his a$$ off at our misery.

I too think that when EDD disappears it might be a sign that you are getting closer to VIN assignment. I think, when the software can't figure out a reasonable estimate - it uses Oct / Nov as placeholder. When the software thinks that VIN assignment is imminent - it doesn't show anything.
I hope you’re right. When I receive my VIN you guys will be the literal first to know 😅