Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
75 days waiting.
“OCTOBER”

my wife said I’d get it in September. SA said first week of August which has come and gone.

our baby is due in October—the joke is “what will come first?”
This was the same situation I was in with the Model 3. Had a 2-seater that the infant car seat wouldn't have fit into. The car fortunately came first but not by much. I have a pic of my very pregnant self struggling to climb out of the trunk at delivery, after I quickly jumped in before I could consider the consequences...
Just realized this will be my first automatic car for the past 15 years. The only other before that was my first car in high school, a Pontiac Bonneville. A little bittersweet!
My hubs never had an automatic in his life until our Model S! (Granted, his "life" was just 4 cars by that age.)

I feel like you might win for speediest order and vin + delivery of a standard MYLR vs a MYP. 7/14 then 12 days later vin, and essentially a week out from delivery. Who do you have dirt on? And what is it, the rest of us would like to know!
I present to you, the (un)official Tesla delivery algorithm lmao. Trust me, if I knew if a trick to get delivery faster, we would all have cars by now 😂

Attachments

• F7854F05-7237-4B29-89B0-13AA60144DD6.jpeg
    F7854F05-7237-4B29-89B0-13AA60144DD6.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 69
Ive been doing this same research, and have a lot seem to get some Michelin All Seasons. Pricey… but they say the ride is better as well. Might do this with mine.

What’s your thoughts on these?

View attachment 694737
My opinion, for what it's worth.
1. If you're doing seasonal swaps, I'd get some actual winter tires. Look for something with the Three-Mountain Peak Snowflake symbol
2. I would look for something in the 18" or 19" wheel family, with narrower and non-staggered set up. Tires will last longer, have more traction, and ride will be noticeably better. 21" summer tires to 21" AS tires won't yield much improvement in ride quality. Plus you can actually rotate your tires for even wear. Also tires are significantly cheaper as an 18" or 19", with much wider selection
3. It's easier to get second set of (18" or 19") wheels to permanently mount your winter tires to. Seasonal swaps will be much quicker and easier, can even DIY

I got a MYP but will probably swap out the tires for all season, don't want the hassle of having to change them constantly.
As a Minnesotan, can confirm the need for at least all-seasons for your safety if you'll be in any kind of extended cold (rain or snow). Recommendation for dedicated winters and summers if you have the space to store them. Performance in both cases will vastly exceed the all-seasons. I change to Winters around Halloween and summers around Easter.

Ive been doing this same research, and have a lot seem to get some Michelin All Seasons. Pricey… but they say the ride is better as well. Might do this with mine.

What’s your thoughts on these?

View attachment 694737
i bought a set of 20 inch VMR 802's in textured matte black and a et of pirelli p-zero nero (all season high performance wheels) for my MYP. i am squaring up my performance so i can rotate tires to extend life and went an inch smaller to have less resistance. hoping to extend range a few percent.

So turns out getting a VIN still means you’ll have quite the wait lol. Ordered 7/14, VIN 7/26, EDD was 8/9-8/17, and today, the EDD updated to 8/22-8/30. Called the local SC recently and was told my vehicle is still in production (which is what I was told in a previous text message) and expected to complete production by the end of the week. Not keeping my fingers crossed lol.

MYLR, MSM, Black interior, 5-seats, Induction wheels, no FSD
Waiting for the onslaught of Apr/May/June orders that have no mercy for a 7/14 order receiving a VIN 2 weeks later and an Aug EDD. 🍿

Personally, I'd love to know how you pulled it off.

Ooohh....interesting for us fellow Texans because we all have the same EDD range as you but most (all but one?) of us don't have VINs yet. I will just go with the thinking that our cars are also in production right now with yours.
Honestly, I still think that we are all gonna get our cars in a similar time frame. It just makes sense for Tesla to ship out all cars going to similar locations at the same time, which is also why seeing similar dates for people in similar locations, on this forum, gave me a bit more confidence. I'd be very surprised if you, @potter287 and @paobrien7 dont get delivery within a few days from mine. However it is Tesla and only Elon knows the logic behind their logistics, so just gonna keep my fingers crossed that you all get it soon.

Another day, another day. This time the dates got a little too close together, the end date started feeling a little uncomfortable as it is a very shy, very introverted end date. Alas, it decided it was best to be further away from the early date and keep that gap as big as possible.

I am now at August 25 - September 11 for my May 8th #teamblue order. Forever and always "two weeks" away...

This really is a terrible experience. I ordered 94 days ago and it has been a little over a month now where the early date has moved out one day every day as it has with so many here. They truly do make it seem like it will just never come. I am so jaded now. I refresh my account each morning knowing it will be one day later and at least they have met that expectation every day for over a month... :rolleyes:
I feel like I’m at that point now I’m also at 2 weeks. It moves back one or two days every day.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
Honestly, I still think that we are all gonna get our cars in a similar time frame. It just makes sense for Tesla to ship out all cars going to similar locations at the same time, which is also why seeing similar dates for people in similar locations, on this forum, gave me a bit more confidence. I'd be very surprised if you, @potter287 and @paobrien7 dont get delivery within a few days from mine. However it is Tesla and only Elon knows the logic behind their logistics, so just gonna keep my fingers crossed that you all get it soon.
These are the positive vibes I'm needing this morning. We are all at the point where our front dates are moving out a day every day and I've seen it from many on this forum where that means a VIN is around the corner.. but I've also seen it where it means nothing. Here's to hoping it means a VIN's around the corner for @potter287, @CGeiser, & myself

These are the positive vibes I'm needing this morning. We are all at the point where our front dates are moving out a day every day and I've seen it from many on this forum where that means a VIN is around the corner.. but I've also seen it where it means nothing. Here's to hoping it means a VIN's around the corner for @potter287, @CGeiser, myself
yep same for us too...for like a 2 week period the EDD would move back 1 day at a time, every single day, and then BOOM - VIN, and then a week later schedule delivery

A week before I ordered I wanted to test drive, but I got a notice letting me know they sold their test drive vehicle and had nothing for me to drive. But yesterday I saw my exact spec on the road for a test drive, so I’ve made an appointment for tmrw and will try again! If I can’t own it yet I’d like to at least experience someone else’s 😅
Try Tysons, VA SC, they usually have test vehicles. I have tried couple of times successfully, even with no appointments.

Reactions: MBx4