Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really appreciate these descriptions of the final steps of the process and the pickup. It's totally foreign to all of us waiting, so every detail about the 'end game' is really helpful to know what to expect. Especially for those of us with no SA to contact to get some advice. The more of these I read the better I feel!

Here's a question I have--suppose You were to purchase mud flaps and rear door PPF, will your SC install them for you as part of vehicle prep before pickup? And a front plate bracket, now that I think about it. (Answers that 'your SA can answer that' are ineligible, since my pickup is at Tyco!)
Honestly, I do not know. IMO it's better to go with third party mud flaps/PPF as they're much cheaper to buy and install them yourself. They are fairly easy to install!

Reactions: CSTARZZ and TESRP
Delivery went well at Richmond today... Car was ready looked great. Was able to use my phone to login to Tesla Account and do the Plaid pay thing, accepted car, it unlocked, added car key. Been taking pictures, driving around, and telling friends about it all afternoon and evening! Couldn't be happier with the color, the sound system, the drive. Love it!
Good to hear they’re actually delivering cars. Went by the other day and it looked like a ghost town.

What a day! EDD stayed the same since Sunday! Aug 24 - Sept 13 😔. EDD has been pushed back several times as most of you.. expected end of June to July then beginning of Aug.. etc.. now through til sept! Who knows I might have to wait til October!

I started to check Tesla-info and this popped up! I quickly clicked buy and was surprised it went through! Although I had to pay another $100 order fee, I got super lucky and snagged myself an inventory car! Went straight to the dealer and was able to get my VIN, MVPA and schedule delivery for this coming weekend all in 1 day! Super excited however I really didn’t need the tow or the red exterior.. Dilemma: Is it worth $5K more to get the car now? Or go back to an endless EDD of a black hole not knowing when I’m gonna get the car I originally ordered… 🤔 what do you guys think ?

Attachments

• C80E1F8C-05FF-4AA3-9519-03050119B6B0.jpeg
    C80E1F8C-05FF-4AA3-9519-03050119B6B0.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 77
  • B39D810D-C3CD-44E3-B220-ECA24F826FFB.jpeg
    B39D810D-C3CD-44E3-B220-ECA24F826FFB.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 64
What a day! EDD stayed the same since Sunday! Aug 24 - Sept 13 😔. EDD has been pushed back several times as most of you.. expected end of June to July then beginning of Aug.. etc.. now through til sept! Who knows I might have to wait til October!

I started to check Tesla-info and this popped up! I quickly clicked buy and was surprised it went through! Although I had to pay another $100 order fee, I got super lucky and snagged myself an inventory car! Went straight to the dealer and was able to get my VIN, MVPA and schedule delivery for this coming weekend all in 1 day! Super excited however I really didn’t need the tow or the red exterior.. Dilemma: Is it worth $5K more to get the car now? Or go back to an endless EDD of a black hole not knowing when I’m gonna get the car I originally ordered… 🤔 what do you guys think ?

BTW VIN: 245XXX Build Date: 8/3

You are so close to your edd! Not sure if color would be a big issue for you, but if the other specs match your wish, I say go for it! If price isn't an issue as well that is.....

$5k to save 3 weeks? What’s your time worth. Had I known the wit was going to be 12-16 weeks, I would have. Now I’m so close, I’ll keep waiting. EDD 8/25-9/14

Once you get the car you will consider PPF. In the first week I got a chip on the hood. And I was waiting for my PPF appointment. You will change your mind...I promise.
I kinda want to get a few chips, personally, just to show Elon how easy it is to get them.

Oh. Wait. Wrong chips.

(I'm a Dad and I approve this joke.)

I recieved an email at 2a that said "final balance is now ready" and when I logged into my account this morning I saw I had a VIN for the MYP i ordered on 8/12. EDD now says 8/29-9/4. That seems rather fast if I'm honest but I'll take it. I actually kinda feel guilty because there are so many people waiting for cars and this is something I did as a test. Clearly they are focusing on the MYPs if I can go from order to VIN in a week.

I recieved an email at 2a that said "final balance is now ready" and when I logged into my account this morning I saw I had a VIN for the MYP i ordered on 8/12. EDD now says 8/29-9/4. That seems rather fast if I'm honest but I'll take it. I actually kinda feel guilty because there are so many people waiting for cars and this is something I did as a test. Clearly they are focusing on the MYPs if I can go from order to VIN in a week.
Congrats! Exactly why I did what I did. I’ve been in two weeks away pergatory on the LR since July and I do really like the P as well. For me it’s a trade off between a smoother ride and slightly more range and driving thrill. Hopefully I’ll be right behind you here soon. Although for you it seems like someone in your delivery area may have backed out on the same spec.

I'm sure they are prioritizing the performance models since 1) they are worht more and 2) they might have more of those in the build pipeline already.

Reactions: TESRP and CSTARZZ

Attachments

• PXL_20210817_190730425.jpg-b.jpg
    PXL_20210817_190730425.jpg-b.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20210817_190738820.jpg-b.jpg
    PXL_20210817_190738820.jpg-b.jpg
    805.2 KB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20210817_191131719.jpg-b.jpg
    PXL_20210817_191131719.jpg-b.jpg
    493.9 KB · Views: 49
  • PXL_20210817_190851690.MP.jpg-b.jpg