Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like today is the generic October day. After over 2 weeks on 9/9-9/29, it showed October this morning. From experience, it’s a placeholder but big question now is if it returns to a sooner date or later date. Would suck to get pushed back but with EOQ, I can only hope.
I don’t even know what my OD is if it’s the original 5/29 or 6/21 update date.
sigh

I don’t even know what my OD is if it’s the original 5/29 or 6/21 update date.
sigh
You know i have been wondering the same thing. I originally ordered 8/1, however I changed to a MYP on 8/17. I know making the change to P shortened my EDD down to about 5-7 weeks, but in the system am I in line with other MYP orders on 8/1 or 8/17? I assumed it was 8/17 so on the tracker page I changed my order date but now I wonder.

Reactions: TESRP
Too early for me to ask this question but any of you planning to get the paint protection thing? I am getting very costly estimates for a full wrap ($6K!!!) and unfortunately don’t have that kind of $$ to spend now. Thinking to do some partial protections ($2-3K). Any thoughts from folks that are not considering spending money on paint protection? It may be a big risk to not get any protection at all right?
I never got PPF in any of my previous cars, however I am considering PPF only for bumper and headlights which is where I had lot of issues in my past cars. I did not shop around, but local shop quoted me ~$800 for the Xpel. Seems reasonable to me and being the shop is local it’s also convenient.

Dumb question, but how do you like a post? I find a lot of posts I agree with or they make me laugh and I’d like to acknowledge their wit with a like but can’t seem to find any way to do it.
one or two more posts and the ability to like and add a signature (which is highly recommended so we can tell when you ordered and your configuration)

I never got PPF in any of my previous cars, however I am considering PPF only for bumper and headlights which is where I had lot of issues in my past cars. I did not shop around, but local shop quoted me ~$800 for the Xpel. Seems reasonable to me and being the shop is local it’s also convenient.
I'm getting PPF for the most vulnerable parts of the car. My shop quoted $2.3k the partial protection. Whole car would be $5.4k.

Too early for me to ask this question but any of you planning to get the paint protection thing? I am getting very costly estimates for a full wrap ($6K!!!) and unfortunately don’t have that kind of $$ to spend now. Thinking to do some partial protections ($2-3K). Any thoughts from folks that are not considering spending money on paint protection? It may be a big risk to not get any protection at all right?
Too early for me to ask the same question, but my neighbor who bought a Y last year paid $6K for PPF so I am guessing he got the full wrap. I have the money to pay that, but hate thinking about paying that much more over and above the cost of the car. Going to talk to the shop that did my neighbor's wrap and see what all packages they have. Will likely do at least a partial wrap, and maybe just bite the bullet and do the whole thing. Mine is an August order so I likely have a few months to make a final decision.

Reactions: BitJam and TESRP
one or two more posts and the ability to like and add a signature (which is highly recommended so we can tell when you ordered and your configuration)
Ok. Thanks I thought that may be the case. I’m pretty new here, and mostly just read the posts for therapy… but everyone’s experiences here are so relatable. Don’t know anyone here but still feel that connection.

Too early for me to ask the same question, but my neighbor who bought a Y last year paid $6K for PPF so I am guessing he got the full wrap. I have the money to pay that, but hate thinking about paying that much more over and above the cost of the car. Going to talk to the shop that did my neighbor's wrap and see what all packages they have. Will likely do at least a partial wrap, and maybe just bite the bullet and do the whole thing. Mine is an August order so I likely have a few months to make a final decision.
Full wrap is definitely not what I plan. Like how many here suggested - going for high impact zones

Got the call yesterday afternoon, around 5pm. MYP ready to deliver! Catch is they want to deliver Sunday, and I happen to be out of state until Sunday night. I asked if they could deliver Monday instead, and the response was 'they don't do deliveries on Mondays'. I asked when they could deliver next, and then was told if I can't receive on Sunday they would give the car to someone else, and I'd be up for a further 2 week wait (minimum).

After some back and forth they said they would allow me to pick up the car on Monday instead, but that is a 90 minute drive and I'm working that day. Anyone had something similar? Any day other than Sunday would be fine, but they wouldn't seem to budge.

Do I need to be present for the delivery? Will they just drop off if I've paid in full? Obviously wouldn't be able to inspect before accepting delivery so there's that too..

I have not done PPF to any of my vehicles and not planning PPF for MY. I think 8K is steep price for me. I will deal with dents/chips as they come.