Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Team Octoberfest here! After more than a week of 11/8-11/28.

Also another No vote for PPF. Never bothered with my S or 3 and have no idea why folks claim Tesla paint is any worse or different than other cars. Sure there are flaws but from sidewalk distance my S looks brand new still. People are shocked when I tell them it's approaching 7 with 99k miles.
Do you do anything special to keep it looking brand new? I'm coming from a Hyundai and Mazda...I didn't really think too much about their care...I mean I wasn't careless I kept them clean and maintained but I'm not overly babying either. This Tesla is my first high cost vehicle purchase and I just want to take care of it right.

Reactions: TESRP
I also get tempted to buy and keep. I am holding off on internal accessories. what if our deliveries get delayed and in the meantime Tesla changes design the accessories will no longer be valid and the return window is passed.
I’ve thought the same thing. But most of my buys have been pretty basic. Mud flaps, screen protection, NEMA 14/50 adapter, lift pucks etc… Still researching floor mats. I’ve seen people buy floor mats for their 2021 MY that were probably designed for the 2020 model and they were too short and left about an inch gap between the bottom of the seat mounts and their new mats. Not a big deal, but just not as clean looking. But, you’re right, we’re getting close to the 2022 models and Tesla can change things up overnight it seems.

If you hang around here long enough, you really will feel like you’ve made friends. I enjoy the knowledge and wit on this board. Only downside, is all friends inevitably “graduate” when they get their cars and we don’t see them much on here after 😭

My husband does Facebook and is in a lot of the Tesla groups. He jokes me that he’s probably friends on there with my TMC friends 😂
I find TMC to be much friendlier place than Facebook groups. This thread in particular is filled with interesting and supportive people. The support group/group therapy vibe here is real!

Crazy question, but how long prior to deliver does the ability to schedule the said delivery date?

My wife just delivered her Y but I didn’t see when she got her ability to schedule. She said she doesn’t remember. Haha.
I got text this morning, nothing on my account. EDD was 9/4 to 9/10 and dates I had to pick from were 9/8 - 9/10. Just checked and it show in my profile now.

Do you do anything special to keep it looking brand new? I'm coming from a Hyundai and Mazda...I didn't really think too much about their care...I mean I wasn't careless I kept them clean and maintained but I'm not overly babying either. This Tesla is my first high cost vehicle purchase and I just want to take care of it right.

A simple way to keep your car looking new: Griot's Garage. You could, of course go down the rabbit hole of the myriad of car products, some of which are better. But Griot's has quality stuff for every conceivable aspect of keeping your car looking new that you could imagine. There's also a good how to section on their website.

I could tell you what I do, but I'm actually in the middle of ceramic coating the interior of my wife's new car.

No joke. lol

Wasn't there a standard Model Y that only went 244 miles? You can't order that one anymore?
Yes, you are correct. Model Y SR was available for order for about three weeks around March - April. A lot of people ordered, it was inexpensive ($40k) and many people took delivery. After Tesla closed the ordering page they continued production for some time to fill outstanding orders. However those who delayed or dilly-dallied on completing their profile were told they no longer produce them, and you either need to change or cancel.

Rumor is that the SR is coming back. I’ll believe if I see it.

Data point for those with a trade in offer from Tesla. My original trade-in offer from Tesla on my 2020 Ford Raptor with 13,300 miles on it on June 22nd was $67,200. I had offers from Carvana, Carmax and KBB (local dealers) ranging between $68,000 and $72,500. Fast forward to today, a little more than 2 months later where I have 16,400 miles on it. Tesla's offer today is $62,800. KBB $64,900. Carvana $58,500 (though I think I selected lesser option package by mistake).

I'll likely take the Tesla offer, since it completely offsets the taxable price of the Tesla meaning (at least here in PA) I am saving $3,406 of sales tax. That theoretically puts the Tesla offer at $67,200, much higher than the local offers I'm getting through KBB.

A simple way to keep your car looking new: Griot's Garage. You could, of course go down the rabbit hole of the myriad of car products, some of which are better. But Griot's has quality stuff for every conceivable aspect of keeping your car looking new that you could imagine. There's also a good how to section on their website.

I could tell you what I do, but I'm actually in the middle of ceramic coating the interior of my wife's new car.

No joke. lol
Thanks! I'll check Griot's Garage out. I started a Pinterest board to keep track of all the cleaning products I've seen during my research. :)

I find TMC to be much friendlier place than Facebook groups. This thread in particular is filled with interesting and supportive people. The support group/group therapy vibe here is real!
Right! I’m out about 9 weeks from my order date, and it seems like a long wait, but then I see where there’s others that ordered their MY clear back in April or May and are still waiting and I feel bad for them. But I’m thrilled for those that finally get their VIN and eventual delivery, especially the long timers.

Hey I’ve noticed that we’ve all bought quite a few accessories leading up to getting our Y’s. It’s kinda funny really because I’ve bought several new cars over the years and never felt compelled, like I do with this car, to be prepared and organized for that first day with this new car. Maybe it’s just me, but I’m definitely having fun doing it! I’ve got quite a few Tesla accessories on a bench in the garage getting stacked up right now and my wife just rolls her eyes every time she sees something added to it. She laughs, but I know she’s getting pretty excited too.

This is exactly where I’m living. Idk why but it’s totally different than a normal car purchase which I usually just pull my old car next to the new one and transfer all the crap I have in it. My wife is also well versed in the ancient and revered language of eye roll, however she’s not really excited as she doesn’t care about this. Lol

Reactions: Bluedog99
Must have indicated on the Tesla trade in request that I did not have a loan on my trade in. I'm now being presented with a request to upload the vehicle title, which obviously the bank holds. Anyone know who to contact to get this quickly switched? I already emailed my SA, who while very responsive, I'm sure is inundated with requests.

EDIT: Also, anyone have experience with Vroom? Not sure I like the idea of them taking my vehicle and then FedEx'ing me a check 2 days later. They offered $5200 more than Tesla did, however.

Last edited:
I am taking delivery sometime next month, got vin on Friday and will be leasing it. I know right now one can't buyout the model y after the lease ends but 3 years into the future is a long time and I am thinking a lot can happen during that time period. Does anyone think Tesla may change its mind in the next 3 years and allow people who are currently leasing their model y allow Them to purchase it.

An update to my emotional roller coaster that is my EDD and wait times...

teslachart_20210828.png

This is exactly where I’m living. Idk why but it’s totally different than a normal car purchase which I usually just pull my old car next to the new one and transfer all the crap I have in it. My wife is also well versed in the ancient and revered language of eye roll, however she’s not really excited as she doesn’t care about this. Lol
Yeah, initially my wife was like “ That’s too much money for a car! “, and then there was that moment during the test drive that we’ve all experienced that changed her thinking. And that was just the LR, not the performance model. We’ve always had somewhat sporty cars ( Infiniti G35 coupe and such ) over the years, but Tesla’s are a different animal. It’s not just the performance, but the tech that really impresses me the most. We’re both looking forward to planning out some future road trips.

Reactions: dwh13 and yorktwn
Yeah, initially my wife was like “ That’s too much money for a car! “, and then there was that moment during the test drive that we’ve all experienced that changed her thinking. And that was just the LR, not the performance model. We’ve always had somewhat sporty cars ( Infiniti G35 coupe and such ) over the years, but Tesla’s are a different animal. It’s not just the performance, but the tech that really impresses me the most. We’re both looking forward to planning out some future road trips.

Haha. Well, we haven’t even test driven one, there isn’t anywhere around here to do that. And I’m getting rid of my truck so we will have 2 SUV’s (she’s concerned about being truckless).. It’s really the tech features, updates, and no gas that gets me. I think once it’s in the driveway, sometime in the 2025 timeframe, and she leave the house by herself I’m thinking she’ll pick the Tesla over the MDX.. but that’s way in the future. For now I live with the eye rolls. 🤣

Reactions: Bluedog99