Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, that's what I read as well. Tesla, Toyota, and Honda are all excluded from the additional $2,500 because none of them have union workers on the assembly line. I just hope the government and the automakers can come to some middle ground... 🙏
I think we should be paying the full price for such purchases. No public tax money should be spent on giving relief to Tesla or for that matter any EV buyers. MYLR costs us $72K which is equivalent to a decent luxury vehicle like Porsche. We therefore have chosen to spend such money and I don’t think the public should support our desires with rebates. It really doesn’t make any fiscal sense. Essentially borrowing heavily from many future generations already lol Hate to add more stress on the kids for my desires lol wink wink

Reactions: Rovin
My EDD was 9/12 to 9/30 then changed to 9/14 to 9/30 and this morning now its 9/18 to 9/30 I know I'll get it this month forsure but damn keeps changing the beginning of the EDD date! Ugh anyone experiencing this??

My EDD was 9/12 to 9/30 then changed to 9/14 to 9/30 and this morning now its 9/18 to 9/30 I know I'll get it this month forsure but damn keeps changing the beginning of the EDD date! Ugh anyone experiencing this??

Is this a sign?? Vins soon???
Yeah it's what I said a few days ago, once you enter your window and Tesla obviously hasn't delivered, they take a day or two to update the EDD.

My current window is 9/16 to 9/30. This past weekend it was 9/13 to 9/30. On Monday (9/13), I was in my EDD window. On Tuesday (9/14), my EDD went back to 9/16.

Tomorrow I'll be in my window again and I'm expecting my EDD to get pushed on Friday or Saturday.

They slowly bump the beginning of the EDD window later once you start to enter it.

Reactions: kjyam99
I think we should be paying the full price for such purchases. No public tax money should be spent on giving relief to Tesla or for that matter any EV buyers. MYLR costs us $72K which is equivalent to a decent luxury vehicle like Porsche. We therefore have chosen to spend such money and I don’t think the public should support our desires with rebates. It really doesn’t make any fiscal sense. Essentially borrowing heavily from many future generations already lol Hate to add more stress on the kids for my desires lol wink wink
Completely agree. Unfortunately, so many car buyers and future car buyers are afraid to purchase electric vehicles because of range anxiety, fear of exploding batteries, and the stigma of the Tesla brand. I still haven't told many people that I purchased a M3, because of preconceived notions friends and family have. What's crazy is my SR+ is cheaper than the Rav4 Prime I was looking at and the same price as a top-of-the-line Camry Hybrid. So, these tax incentives are to try and help people on the fence or maybe who wouldn't have considered buying an EV. Maybe they're a necessary evil toward more EV acceptance? Idk...

It's to incentivize a larger adoption of EVs which has larger climate impacts.

We're not the target of these incentives, though we stand to benefit. It's more so, at least in my opinion, for the person who has purchased ICE vehicle after ICE vehicle and hasn't really considered an EV.

Funny thing is I just installed my charger yesterday and now my EDD disappear. LOL Do they have satellite vigilance.?
IMG_7873.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: ConchChick
Yeah it's what I said a few days ago, once you enter your window and Tesla obviously hasn't delivered, they take a day or two to update the EDD.

My current window is 9/16 to 9/30. This past weekend it was 9/13 to 9/30. On Monday (9/13), I was in my EDD window. On Tuesday (9/14), my EDD went back to 9/16.

Tomorrow I'll be in my window again and I'm expecting my EDD to get pushed on Friday or Saturday.

They slowly bump the beginning of the EDD window later once you start to enter it.
I mean our end date isn't changing though we are at 9/30 so we should be getting our cars this month September, so we should be expecting vins really really soon then.

Also my SA, told me its for sure this month or before the end of the month.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what I read as well. Tesla, Toyota, and Honda are all excluded from the additional $2,500 because none of them have union workers on the assembly line. I just hope the government and the automakers can come to some middle ground... 🙏
Actually that Union piece is now $4,500, that was the revision made Friday. There's the base $7,500, plus $4,500 if assembled by Union labor, plus $500 for something else, maybe assembled in America but I don't remember for sure. Tesla would get the $7,500 plus the $500, GM would get the full $12,000.

At this point it's just blatant political manipulation to pay off the UAW and favor the legacy makers over Tesla.

They're sort of in a pickle. They have to find a way to manipulate it in favor of the legacy automakers and exclude Tesla. The first attempt was to limit to $40K so effectively only PHEVs would qualify, but they realized that Tesla could just de-scope their cars to get under $40K, sell them, and then have buyers use the credit to turn all the features back on again. So that wouldn't work because the legacy automakers don't have that level of technical sophistication.

So now they've rearranged all the pieces to beef up the Union part since Tesla isn't unionized. But this isn't really going to work either because Tesla is already swamping the legacy makers with a $7,500 disadvantage except relative to GM.

So this won't really work either. But if they do nothing the credits will expire for everyone and then it's a fair playing field for everybody, which means it's game over for the legacy automakers.

So there's no telling what they'll try next. Maybe restore the credits to everyone unless your CEO was born in Canada, grew up in South Africa, and moved to the US. At this point they're so shameless about it I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:
I heard the new tax credit could be retroactive for 2021. I guess we'll find out when the Senate agrees on the new credits rules and restrictions

My feeling on "fair" and "non-disruptive" would be to make it eligible from the date that the bill passes. This way there is no incentive to delay orders but public money isn't being given to those who already bought their cars.

I was going to do that but it was taking days a few weeks ago. I don't know if they are back to instant valuation but let me try

Oh snap. Valuation went up $800. It won't let me accept and apply. Says the vehicle is already set for trade in. Time to call someone. oh heck no.
Update: Tesla is struggling to apply the new valuation to the order. The SC guy tried and said it wasn't updating on my order. I called the 888 number and they too said it wasn't changing and they would email the trade in team. The SC guy just called again asking me to email a picture of the valuation. Good to know they are trying.

I believe you can tell them you're not ready for delivery and the VIN will be released and assigned to someone else. Now whether you go to the back of the line or you just get next production, I don't know.
From what I've read, if you order and put your order on hold, you don't join the line till you release the order so you're in whatever queue at that time. However if you get a VIN and can't take delivery, the VIN is reassigned and you may get assigned a VIN the next batch they are building for your location which could be as soon as 2 weeks later.
We're getting my wife MY tomorrow and I don't want mine till January 2022 but ordered to lock in the price. If you can, please let me know how it goes as I'll likely be in your shoes.
I think you may be right on this. I had been worried that after nearly 100 days, that my delivery window would fall during the period I am out of town and that is exactly what ultimately happened. Based on everything I had read, there seemed to be 2 different ways this would be handled:
  1. If you put your car on hold, it would essentially reset your "order date" to the day you released the hold. This is the "moved to the back of the line" theory that keeps coming up.
  2. I also found a few examples of those who rejected cars for defects who reported being put on some sort of "priority waiting list" that allowed them to rematch to a VIN after a few weeks.
However, I hadn't seen many examples of those who had to push delivery because they were unavailable to take delivery, like in my situation. I explained my situation to my SA yesterday and he said he would pass my VIN on to another person and we would rematch when I returned. I told him I was worried about be pushed back months and he told me this would not happen.

Since my VIN had not been released from my account right away I got a few text and email reminders to schedule delivery. My last email stated:
If you do not select an appointment, we will unfortunately need to move this Model Y to another waiting customer.
If this Model Y is moved to another customer, please visit your Tesla Account and select “I’m Ready” to place your order back in our queue to receive a car.
When I logged onto my account I saw that the VIN had been removed from my order, my order was now on hold, and I had the blue "I'm Ready" button. I had a brief panic because I was worried this would result in scenario #1 above, i.e., clicking this would release my hold and my EDD would reset to another 90+ days of purgatory.

I emailed my SA to double check this wouldn't happen and this was his response:
Definitely not true. That vehicle has loaded for the east coast and is on its way and you'll be assigned a new VIN. Typically it matches you fairly quickly and most owners see a new vehicle available within a couple weeks of unmatching.

It's likely you will be offered a vehicle in the next week or two but since you are out of town I'll release it and hold for early October.

Hopefully, this helps someone else in the same situation since I haven't seen a lot of examples. I'll follow-up on how long it "actually" takes once my hold is released.

It's to incentivize a larger adoption of EVs which has larger climate impacts.

We're not the target of these incentives, though we stand to benefit. It's more so, at least in my opinion, for the person who has purchased ICE vehicle after ICE vehicle and hasn't really considered an EV.
This. The government pays for people's homes when a major weather event occurs. So it's to pay people $8k to $10k now, to reduce the likelihood and impact of major weather events. They otherwise pay $100k to $500k+ per household when their house gets destroyed.

Tesla has simply created a number of products that made buying EVs already highly appealing to a large number of people (us). We see the value in these cars whether it's environmental, performance, or tech. Any tax credit further broadens appeal, and while some here see that as a burden on future generations, I see it as an investment for the future generations.

Just wanted to wish everyone luck and happy VIN day. We took delivery on the 4th and after doing a few extra details on our Y I feel it is time to say goodbye to this immensely helpful thread that really made me feel better about all the waiting around and frustration. We still need to get the right rear door alignment fixed but overall the car is in great shape.

In case anyone is curious here are some of the things we did after delivery.

Tinted windows- side, rear and sunroof with llumar xlr ceramic tint 40 all around. It does seem to help with the heat buildup in the car.
paint correction and ceramic coating- this really cleaned up the poor detail job from the dealer, car is really slick now
spyder3d mats
tesla rpm mudflaps
teslarati- center console divider and metal pedal covers

Image from iOS (12).jpg

Just wanted to wish everyone luck and happy VIN day. We took delivery on the 4th and after doing a few extra details on our Y I feel it is time to say goodbye to this immensely helpful thread that really made me feel better about all the waiting around and frustration. We still need to get the right rear door alignment fixed but overall the car is in great shape.

In case anyone is curious here are some of the things we did after delivery.

Tinted windows- side, rear and sunroof with llumar xlr ceramic tint 40 all around. It does seem to help with the heat buildup in the car.
paint correction and ceramic coating- this really cleaned up the poor detail job from the dealer, car is really slick now
spyder3d mats
tesla rpm mudflaps
teslarati- center console divider and metal pedal covers

View attachment 709685
My exact configuration and just confirms I'm happy to have chosen the black/black 20". I almost started wondering if I should've done white instead but every time someone posts their black/black configuration, I settle back to confirming that my choice was the right one for me. Congrats and enjoy! Can't wait to get mine!