Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone confirm this *sugar* show that happened today…

12/26/2021 - Order Placed for MYP

EDD 1/11/2022 - 2/8/2022

12/28/21 - Assigned VIN

EDD updated to 12/31/21 - 1/8/2022

12/29/21 - Text at 7PM stating “Model Y is being built in the next 1-2 days, be ready for a text to schedule delivery”

12/30/21 - Text at 11AM saying my Model Y is ready, and pickup is scheduled for tomorrow at 4PM. If I do not deposit my down payment by 2PM, I lose the car

I respond with saying I was not even given a choice for a pickup day, you scheduled a day and time with zero communication from me, and then threaten to unassign the VIN if I do pickup today or tomorrow at 4PM

With no response at all, I look at my tesla app at 1:30PM and see my VIN was removed, and now my “delivery is on hold”

I send two more follow up messages trying to figure out why they couldn’t even wait until Saturday when I’m back in town to pickup, no response.

Is this par for the course? Who the hell does this? You gave me 3 hours to deposit money and not once asked if the date/time scheduled I would even be available, then I’m thrown into the abyss on hold and my assigned car is gone…

Can I even reach out to anyone about this? My SA didn’t give me an extension, and isn’t responding to texts…so lost and frustrated.

Also, yes I know this was insanely quick from time of order -> ready, but clearly that worked in nobody’s favor
This has going on for some time now in spite of Tesla giving a $5k discount to prop up MYP sales. They do not have the ability to produce more MYLR's in Austin and thus are continuing to push MYP's. At any given time, one can find MYP in inventory as well. Unfortunately living in a snowy area the smaller tire wall and 1" lower ground clearance makes an MYP unfeasible for me. Otherwise the MYP is a great buy for the extra's one gets over MYLR.

So sad. Ours just moved back a month. It was 1/8. So sad. Probably from all the bastards coming off hold for like the third time.
I think Tesla's original EDD is spot on. The rest are all aspirational targets. The only deviation is that East coast gets pulled earlier in the beginning of a quarter and CA/West coast gets pulled earlier in the last 2 weeks of a quarter. But the other EDD's are only meant to get customers ready with their accessories and Wall connector etc. ;)

Picked up the car yesterday - finally - after a mid-July order and countless pushouts of EDD. In the end, it all happened within a matter of hours on New year's eve. Incredibly, I never even saw or interacted with a human being from Tesla throughout the purchase process - 100% done either online or via the Tesla app. Basically just have someone drive you to the Tesla parking lot to the designated spot where your car is parked, get in, and drive away.

After several messages that your car is being built and EDD Dec. 23-Dec.30, Tesla pulled the assigned VIN but kept EDD the same.
Does it mean Dec. 23 - Dec. 30, 2022? LOL
It was that end of quarter West coast push. They moved a bunch of people up to push put more cars. I expect they are just putting people back in line were there previously could have been.

Reactions: BGOwner
It was that end of quarter West coast push. They moved a bunch of people up to push put more cars. I expect they are just putting people back in line were there previously could have bee
I actually don't mind it one bit, although I live in California. I want to get a revised MYLR with AMD, a new 12V battery, and preferably with dual-pane rear windows. At my age, I am not in the rush and I keep cars for many years in great shape.

Or, because Fremont is slowing down for a re-fit and Texas hasn't started up yet.

Austin can take it’s time ramping up if they produce MYP first. Since MYP is in low qty gives them time slowly to produce them.
I think Austin will be focusing on MYLR and Cyber truck. Fremont needs some capacity building shutdowns but can still meet the smaller MYP demand. The MYLR demand is way higher, and Tesla has a great opportunity to ramp as many MYLR's they can make at both Austin and Berlin. It would be waste of capacity to produce any MYP's at Austin. Telsa is selling MYP's at a $5k discount and MYP's are available in inventory all the time.

This has going on for some time now in spite of Tesla giving a $5k discount to prop up MYP sales. They do not have the ability to produce more MYLR's in Austin and thus are continuing to push MYP's. At any given time, one can find MYP in inventory as well. Unfortunately living in a snowy area the smaller tire wall and 1" lower ground clearance makes an MYP unfeasible for me. Otherwise the MYP is a great buy for the extra's one gets over MYLR.
Just curious where you are getting the $5k discount for MYP? M3P is an $8k premium from LR. It is a $5k premium for MY. That is a $3k discount by my math.

Reactions: Budshark