Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current status of Firmware 6.0 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Along with calendar sync, I'd hope they add an iOS 8 share extension to the app to send an address to the car from any app that does mapping. I'd like to be able to look up an address on the phone away from the car and have it waiting for me when I go to leave.

Along with calendar sync, I'd hope they add an iOS 8 share extension to the app to send an address to the car from any app that does mapping. I'd like to be able to look up an address on the phone away from the car and have it waiting for me when I go to leave.

Easy workaround -- Create a calendar event that starts within the next hour and it will automatically trigger the auto-commute feature (according to the posted release notes).

Easy workaround -- Create a calendar event that starts within the next hour and it will automatically trigger the auto-commute feature (according to the posted release notes).

Not as fancy, but you currently can add a contact to your phone, including the address of your destination. Once in the car, call up the contact on the center screen and tap on the address. It goes to the nav.

Not as fancy, but you currently can add a contact to your phone, including the address of your destination. Once in the car, call up the contact on the center screen and tap on the address. It goes to the nav.

Yeah, obviously there's some work arounds, but a send to car extension would be easier. It's probably not high on the list of things they need to do, but it'd be a nice polish.

I wonder if Tesla would take volunteers to help on the iPhone integration ( So long as I can bring it up in my eventual SpaceX interview :) )

Wither 6.0?

anybody know whatever happened to 6.0 deployment? i was told by service advisor 2-3 months ago that it was going to start rolling out "in a couple of weeks." did they run into some significant snag in beta roll out?

The prevailing notion seems that it will be sometime around the Apple announcement next week. I have no idea what the providence of that notion is, but dearly hope it is true, as 5.12 is a buggy pain in the ICE.

anybody know whatever happened to 6.0 deployment? i was told by service advisor 2-3 months ago that it was going to start rolling out "in a couple of weeks." did they run into some significant snag in beta roll out?

Doubtful. Now that 5.12 started getting pushed OTA we're not likely to see 6.0 for another month at least. It just wouldn't make sense to update an entire fleet of cars with an interim release only to push a major firmware a week later.

And since they were comments on #249... their value in qualifying that comment are lost.

Ummm, no that's why I included a hyperlink to the exact post where that started. Whether v5.12 is getting an OTA distribution is of valid interest in the v5.12 thread. This thread is postulating on the current status of v6.0. I'm pretty certain the move didn't ruin anyone's day and I apologize if it did.