Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber truck will be the best selling vehicle ever

Will the cybertruck be the last car you purchase?

• Yes, if it can last 1,000,000 miles

Votes: 55 50.5%
  • No, It has a face only a mother can love

Votes: 54 49.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rivian is so ugly with those strange headlights. Also, the supercharger network is by far the best one. I have used the Electrify America one and I had too many issues. I really, really love the design of the Cybertruck. I know it is not for everyone, but for me, it feels like something that could drive off of a futuristic movie set (I love sci-fi movies).

Brent
You have a point here.
Rivian (overall not bad if not vaporware) has weird headlights FOR THE SAKE of being different.

Cybertruck has weird everything because first principles/function/ruggedness.

not even a comparison.

Yea i dont know about all this, I think tesla fanboys will love it, but conventional truck owners wont see the appeal. All the accessories that normally fit their truck wont fit the CT. Like Roof racks for ladders and kayaks, or some toolchest drawers that go in the bed of the truck. I really dont think a truck that breaks all the molds like this will be best selling. Will it sell well? Yes? Best selling? Probably not
Accessories that work for Cybertruck are a matter of simple engineering.
I’ve seen great roof racks proposed for the Cybertruck. No detraction from functionality at all vs a traditional pickup roof rack.

Same thing for toolchest drawers. And as far as the floor of the Cybertruck, there are a million ways of addressing the concern re: what about filling up with dirt. A simple floor cover is an obvious solution. The functionality of the CT floor is still a winner.

Accessories that work for Cybertruck are a matter of simple engineering.
I’ve seen great roof racks proposed for the Cybertruck. No detraction from functionality at all vs a traditional pickup roof rack.

Same thing for toolchest drawers. And as far as the floor of the Cybertruck, there are a million ways of addressing the concern re: what about filling up with dirt. A simple floor cover is an obvious solution. The functionality of the CT floor is still a winner.
What about mounting items permanently to the bed floor of the truck. Will that be even possible with the battery pack ?

Reactions: TessP100D
Except the yoke which is different solely for the sake of being "cool" despite being less functional and less safe than a wheel (for standard road driving).

The perception that Elon has is that it is better. So, I guess in his mind, the yoke is an improvement as well. A first principles type improvement I suppose.

Most of the folks I read over on the model S thread seem okay with it. Those that don't like it seem more concerned about the buttons than they are the yolk itself.

The perception that Elon has is that it is better. So, I guess in his mind, the yoke is an improvement as well. A first principles type improvement I suppose.

Most of the folks I read over on the model S thread seem okay with it. Those that don't like it seem more concerned about the buttons than they are the yolk itself.
I can tell you pint blank the yoke is stupid And dangerous.

I can easily reach all the controls I need when I’m driving with out having to even remove my hands from the wheel on my 2017 Ms P100D. With you yoke it’s ridiculous and dangerous. Having your arms totally crossed in a tight turn is just asking for an accident.

I can easily reach all the controls I need when I’m driving with out having to even remove my hands from the wheel on my 2017 Ms P100D. With you yoke it’s ridiculous and dangerous. Having your arms totally crossed in a tight turn is just asking for an accident.
backing up to connect a trailer using a yoke seems like a task from hell.

So you do own a new Tesla model S with a yoke?

With my Ram 1500, I don’t touch the steering wheel — I use the Trailer Reverse Steering Control (TRSC). Twisting a small knob is much simpler than having to swing a steering wheel. It’s possible the CT may have something similar or even more advanced.

Sorry when I am complaining about the yoke I am including the stalkless design in that complaint. I was not clear about that my apologies.

I have been asking since it came out for literally *any* advantages the stalkless yoke has, there are literally none. The Yoke actually has *less* visibility because it is so wide. Less hand positions, inconvenient buttons that remove functionality including but not limited to turn signals and horn. Any emergency situation that requires you to react accordingly the yoke is significantly less safe than a full 360o wheel. You can go on and on. It literally is worse and less safe across the board with not a single advantage. Elon just likes "cool" things is my impression.

I would conjecture that most of the plaid owners are fanboys and will like anything Tesla does whether it makes sense or not. Truthfully for probably 80-90% of situations the yoke is usable. But reducing the safety and effectiveness for literally zero benefit is just a stupid decision by Tesla.

Sorry when I am complaining about the yoke I am including the stalkless design in that complaint. I was not clear about that my apologies.

I have been asking since it came out for literally *any* advantages the stalkless yoke has, there are literally none. The Yoke actually has *less* visibility because it is so wide. Less hand positions, inconvenient buttons that remove functionality including but not limited to turn signals and horn. Any emergency situation that requires you to react accordingly the yoke is significantly less safe than a full 360o wheel. You can go on and on. It literally is worse and less safe across the board with not a single advantage. Elon just likes "cool" things is my impression.

I would conjecture that most of the plaid owners are fanboys and will like anything Tesla does whether it makes sense or not. Truthfully for probably 80-90% of situations the yoke is usable. But reducing the safety and effectiveness for literally zero benefit is just a stupid decision by Tesla.
Well said. And 100% correct.

Although I understand your frustration, I think I will reserve judgment until I actually get a chance to drive one of these things. As to the advantages of the stalkless design, from a hardware standpoint it is much simpler. Thus saving money, allowing better software control, warming Elon's practicality heart. So it isn't absolutely without advantage. Whether it's of any advantage in driving, now there is a good question!

Oh yeah, and that stock would look really weird hanging out there with the yoke a quarter turned.

I'm not a fan of getting rid of the stalks. That bothers me a lot more than the yoke itself. Having your blinkers be a small button that moves just strikes me as a bad idea.

As for the yoke... I'm in wait and see mode. Hopefully by the time the Cybertruck ships we'll have a bit more feedback on this.

At best, Tesla is making the FSD experience better at the expense of non-FSD driving. Only I'm not 100% convinced that even FSD is going to be much better here.

With 4 wheel steering and backup cameras, I don't think it's going to be that bad.

4 wheel steering in particular is going to make connecting trailers a world easier. You get rid of that whole thing where you have to swing the front of the truck 5 feet to move the back of the truck 6 inches.

With 4 wheel steering and backup cameras, I don't think it's going to be that bad.

4 wheel steering in particular is going to make connecting trailers a world easier. You get rid of that whole thing where you have to swing the front of the truck 5 feet to move the back of the truck 6 inches.
A pick up driver worth his salt can Easily hook up a trailer on the first try using only a back up camera.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Well said. And 100% correct.
agreed. I have *YET* to hear of any user problem the yoke/ no stalks solve.. sorry ... cost cutting by removing stalks isn't one of them.
and if you do a yoke - do it right via drive-by-wire. not just cut the top/bottom of a steering wheel and call it a day.

elon's tweet referred to how cool it looks without giving any real advantages... folks in the Tesla bubble dont realize how moronic "re-inventing the steering wheel" is when you solve non existent problems while alienating anyone who wants a traditional steering wheel. I for one do not want to touch a tint haptic feedback button to engage/ disengage blinkers or shift gears using a touchscreen