Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure. SpaceX is quite an accomplishment - aside from the BS comments/promises/dates Elon often spouts. Thank goodness for his money there, and Gwynne Shotwell's leadership. Most know Gwynn is the real reason/driving force behind SpaceX's market dominance and rapid Starship development progress.

I'm hopeful she can get Elon's one way trip to Mars starship ready in record time!
You’re seriously not giving him any credit for Tesla, the best car company in the world?

You’re seriously not giving him any credit for Tesla, the best car company in the world?
In recent years, he seems more deranged than the early years. In the early years, I gleefully purchased the product. Today, the ketamine (or something) must be getting to him as he more unhinged than ever. To each. Not going to debate this with you for two forum thread pages.

depends what metric is important to you ...

in terms of customer service / repair times is Tesla the best in the world?

fit/finish is Tesla the best in the world?

fixing known issues timely with new iterations (.... forward upper control arm... I'm looking at you) is Tesla the best in the world?

in cutting costs and removing features without impacting the user (USS and radar - I'm looking at you) is Tesla the best in the world?

fixing known issues timely with new iterations (.... forward upper control arm... I'm looking at you) is Tesla the best in the world?

in cutting costs and removing features without impacting the user (USS and radar - I'm looking at you) is Tesla the best in the world?
You're "lifting sand," here...

• Funny
Reactions: texas_star_TM3
So a forum I read for information, but don't participate in, as the electric aspect can get a little bit dicey.

Long story short, the cyber truck launch or delivery thread was shut down on the Airstream forums for getting out of hand.😂

I just kind of find it funny. An innovative group at the time that did something so unique. Many just can't stand the look or the difference of a cyber truck. Kind of ironic that Airstream's have a look. That's just as polarizing some like it. Some don't understand it. To each his or her own truck trailer car submarine or canoe.

Having the coolest most awesome CEO is my preferred metric.

In recent years, he seems more deranged than the early years. In the early years, I gleefully purchased the product. Today, the ketamine (or something) must be getting to him as he more unhinged than ever. To each. Not going to debate this with you for two forum thread pages.
There's people that don't like Donald Trump either. You can't please everyone.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
  • Funny
Reactions: jebinc

Only watched some.

CT has a 48 amp onboard charger and is not compliant with NACS (CCS protocol), only works on Tesla SCs...for now. Kyle said it could be updated later.

Steering wheel doesn't adjust in his version...probably a bug.
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this video content. I hadn't come across this guy before so I've subscribed to his YT channel. I'm about 75% of the way through this video - very informative and thorough review. Couple of noteworthy items as follows with regard to what does not work since most of us are familiar with the good stuff already - and I think it's important for prospective early adopter CT owners to know what they are not getting day one:

• CT only has a 48amp onboard charger. This is somewhat of a concern for real work truck considerations where higher amp chargers (like the Ford 80AMP home charger) become more important for daily usage.
  • The 48 amp onboard charger does NOT currently support the NACS J3400 protocol (which is a CCS software based protocol). This will likely be resolved with a future software update - so it's not too concerning - but for now - this essentially means that the CT can only be charged at a Tesla DC SC station that uses native Tesla software - basically this means that at least in theory - no third party public DC stations will work. The Tesla CCS adapters actually do not fit the CT charge port at this time. The guy in this video literally disassembled the fender so that the adapter would fit - and attempted to then use a third party 350kw CCS DC charger - and it failed - because the onboard charger software doesn't yet support it. Since there are CT owners trying to use third party 350kw DC chargers due to lengthy V3 SC charging times - this is good and important info to share. This also likely means that only a TWC or a Tesla Mobile Charger can be used at home for home AC charging - so it's possible that third party home chargers will not work right now. Early adopter for sure.
  • Autopilot - I mean basic autopilot - does not work in the CT at this time. I'm not talking about FSD - I'm talking about basic autopilot - it's completely grayed out. Given the window sticker literally states Basic Autopilot is INCLUDED - this is technically illegal as the manufacturer is listing a feature that is not in fact delivered during transfer of ownership - but more importantly - it's definitely something early adopter CT owners should be made aware of. Screenshot below for reference - note everything is grayed out and cannot be altered:
  • 1704312925405.png

Last edited:
This also likely means that only a TWC or a Tesla Mobile Charger can be used at home for home AC charging - so it's entirely possible that third party home chargers will not work right now.
I don't think this is the case, he did show that it comes with the J1772 adapter to be able to use non-Tesla AC chargers. (Which are not CCS based.)

Autopilot - I mean basic autopilot - does not work in the CT at this time. I'm not talking about FSD - I'm talking about basic autopilot - it's completely grayed out. Given the window sticker literally states Basic Autopilot is INCLUDED - this is technically illegal as the manufacturer is listing a feature that is not in fact delivered during transfer of ownership
It is possible that the lack of Autosteer was listed in the disclosures made to buyers. But it does technically have Autopilot, since it has TACC, which is an Autopilot feature.

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this video content. I hadn't come across this guy before so I've subscribed to his YT channel. I'm about 75% of the way through this video - very informative and thorough review. Couple of noteworthy items as follows with regard to what does not work since most of us are familiar with the good stuff already - and I think it's important for prospective early adopter CT owners to know what they are not getting day one:

• CT only has a 48amp onboard charger. This is somewhat of a concern for real work truck considerations where higher amp chargers (like the Ford 80AMP home charger) become more important for daily usage.
  • The 48 amp onboard charger does NOT currently support the NACS J3400 protocol (which is a CCS software based protocol). This will likely be resolved with a future software update - so it's not too concerning - but for now - this essentially means that the CT can only be charged at a Tesla DC SC station that uses native Tesla software - basically this means that at least in theory - no third party public DC stations will work. The CCS and J1772 adapters actually do not fit the CT charge port at this time. The guy in this video literally disassembled the fender so that the adapter would fit - and attempted to then use a third party 350kw CCS DC charger - and it failed - because the onboard charger software doesn't yet support it. Since there are CT owners trying to use third party 350kw DC chargers due to lengthy V3 SC charging times - this is good and important info to share. This also likely means that only a TWC or a Tesla Mobile Charger can be used at home for home AC charging - so it's entirely possible that third party home chargers will not work right now. Early adopter for sure.
  • Autopilot - I mean basic autopilot - does not work in the CT at this time. I'm not talking about FSD - I'm talking about basic autopilot - it's completely grayed out. Given the window sticker literally states Basic Autopilot is INCLUDED - this is technically illegal as the manufacturer is listing a feature that is not in fact delivered during transfer of ownership - but more importantly - it's definitely something early adopter CT owners should be made aware of. Screenshot below for reference - note everything is grayed out and cannot be altered:
  • View attachment 1005484
Apparently he will be posting a video a day for a week with things like 100-0% at 70 mph, tow testing, charging, etc.

Should be nice.

He also pointed out some issues with his. I posted them in another thread, just as problems with the door, backseat armrest, steering wheel controls and got downvoted...like I made it up.

I don't think this is the case, he did show that it comes with the J1772 adapter to be able to use non-Tesla AC chargers. (Which are not CCS based.)

It is possible that the lack of Autosteer was listed in the disclosures made to buyers. But it does technically have Autopilot, since it has TACC, which is an Autopilot feature.
Agreed - that's why I said it's possible - given there's a software protocol lacking for CTs - since it appears that the current CT onboard charger software does not support the J3400 protocol - depending on what firmware/software the home charger uses - the CT may not be able to interface and the home charger may not work. It'd be good to get some feedback from early adopter CXT owners to validate this concern.

since it appears that the current CT onboard charger software does not support the J3400 protocol - depending on what firmware/software the home charger uses - the CT may not be able to interface and the home charger may not work.
No home charger uses the CCS or J3400 protocol. They all use J1772, which I am sure the Cybertruck supports. (It did come with the adapter afterall.)