Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bottom line is that a feature like this is only necessary if the main pack isn't waterproof to begin with. Both the Rivian R1T and the F150L both utilize waterproof pack designs already - so a feature like this isn't necessary. You're trying to compare apples and oranges here it seems, unless I'm not understanding what you're trying to get at in the first place.

I didn't ask if it were necessary or not.

I simply asked if there is another vehicle that has this feature.

jebinc answered me just fine. thanks

Reactions: jebinc
The most recent rendition of that... given the CT inferiority, fording wise.... "Mostly just need to upgrade cabin door seals" - Elon 🤣 :rolleyes:😉👍

...and yet the base just looks the other way, over and over again...

To each.

View attachment 1001014
don't get me started with that latest circus tweet ... there's certification need for both the vehicle as well as the driver if he wants to classify the Cybertruck as a boat. also : liablity lawyers dream. imagine the door sealings failing and the Cybertruck going down like a rock after Elon claiming it can traverse at least 100 yards of water *as a boat*.

Is it 100m from Starbase to South Padre Island? Because that's what it was supposed to do.

As for no vehicle being able to do this...yeah, the demand for a car and a boat is pretty small. Wonder if you'll need to get boat insurance as well?
and a boater education course for folks born after 1993 ... and likely car insurance premiums THROUGH the roof at this point. not sure if anyone wants to insure a truck which floats through water as a boat ...

don't get me started with that latest circus tweet ... there's certification need for both the vehicle as well as the driver if he wants to classify the Cybertruck as a boat. also : liablity lawyers dream. imagine the door sealings failing and the Cybertruck going down like a rock after Elon claiming it can traverse at least 100 yards of water *as a boat*.
Remember, the devotionalists (i.e., the large, "Elon is a demigod," crowd here on TMC) once swooned over Elon's announcement that the Roadster 2.0 (announced in 2017!!!) would get a SpaceX gas thruster mod.... So, where is it?! This BS Boat mod is nothing more than a diversion from the fact the CT fording sucks, as compared to the 2-3 years in production competition.

Recall this headline from yesteryear, all....

"Elon Musk Says the Roadster Will Use Rocket Thrusters to Hit 0-60 in 1.1 Seconds"​

Last edited:
Question: Why under your screenname/avatar do you self describe as a, “Village Idiot”?

View attachment 1000926

Oh…. got it! 🫣
Because I have a low IQ. That's why they asked me, instead of Knightshade, to distract you and keep you from ruining even more threads. @Knightshade was first assigned, but you proved to be too easy for him.

Every battery has a breather valve. again: it's not that hard to seal a battery 100% against water when your iPhone can be submerged for 30 minutes at 1.5 meters and still is fine... despite the speakers only sealed with a waterproof membrane and ports, openings etc.

Elon is a lot of marketing fluff. Who cares if the CT battery pack has "overpressure scuba technology" when every other EV truck can wade through water just as well ?
Elon is why they don't need to advertise. Nothing wrong with marketing fluff when it saves you so much money.

Reactions: gtgarner
Remember, the devotionalists (i.e., the large, "Elon is a demigod," crowd here on TMC) once swooned over Elon's announcement that the Roadster 2.0 (announced in 2017!!!) would get a SpaceX gas thruster mod.... So, where is it?! This BS Boat mod is nothing more than a diversion from the fact the CT fording sucks, as compared to the 2-3 years in production competition.

Recall this headline from yesteryear, all....

"Elon Musk Says the Roadster Will Use Rocket Thrusters to Hit 0-60 in 1.1 Seconds"​

Found "his" actual tweet (that's what is was called back then...). Reads almost identical to the most recent BS boat mod "X post" (what it's called today)....

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 9.33.37 AM.png

🤣 😉📣

He also said it would be able to fly or hover for a short period of time, lol.

...any many here "believe" that will still happen - and they will stone and attempt to shame you into submission for suggesting otherwise! 🤣 o_O

And yes, that (flying BS) is mocked here (and not by me) - in one of many social media venues mocking his BS posts to his devotional fanbase....

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 9.46.04 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: HitchHiker71
That just shows how awesome Elon is. He can be so full of *sugar* sometimes, yet we still love him for all that he's done. But sometimes we hate him because he breaks our windshield wiper usability, and crashes our stock etc. I guess It's a love hate relationship.

Sure. SpaceX is quite an accomplishment - aside from the BS comments/promises/dates Elon often spouts. Thank goodness for his money there, and Gwynne Shotwell's leadership. Most know Gwynn is the real reason/driving force behind SpaceX's market dominance and rapid Starship development progress.

I'm hopeful she can get Elon's one way trip to Mars starship ready in record time!