Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, the new pricing is substantially above the pre-launch pricing (even accounting for inflation... and also for the much cheaper cost of batteries).
Rivian honored the pre-launch pricing and Tesla has honored it for other vehicles.
I guess they figured with that many reservations they could charge whatever they wanted.
We'll see how many reservations evaporate in the face of the real world pricing and somewhat disappointing specs.
Yeah, I would love to later see the reservation to delivery conversation rates - but Tesla will never allow that out! 🙀

Last edited:
**c
I understand, Steve Jobs is for the 60s generation and Elon for the 2K kids. They don’t want every detail to be paraded along in a launch. They just want ‘highs’ and what a way to show a Porsche 911 towed faster than a Porsche 911. We all understand the trimotor version etc., but what they showed smashed everything out of the park. A great example for modern advertising, launch or delivery whatever you call it.
I am told they also used a base 911 Porsche. I think it’s about 350HP. It’s not a car for acceleration records. Put them both on a track and the Cyber truck would be left far behind.

You don’t get it, do you @Pants. All of Elons presentations are scripted to have the Hollywood high moments. Of course, that was a planned one including what they did it this time using baseball. It is part of larger script of ‘product remembrance’. Do you remember a product called EQE SUV that was launched by Merc. You don’t and it cost £30000 more than Cybertruck and no one will remember that.
That is so cringe.

• Funny
Reactions: Pants and jebinc
Drag racing in a truck is completely irrelevant for anyone considering these vehicles. ANY electric vehicle is going to have plenty of torque and speed for any real world use. The tractor pull, comparing to a base Porsche 911, Hummer, etc makes a good parlor trick to wow some folks, but it has zero relevance in the real world. These are not the things a truck buyer cares about.

Drag racing in a truck is completely irrelevant for anyone considering these vehicles. ANY electric vehicle is going to have plenty of torque and speed for any real world use. The tractor pull, comparing to a base Porsche 911, Hummer, etc makes a good parlor trick to wow some folks, but it has zero relevance in the real world. These are not the things a truck buyer cares about.
I've said the same thing on a couple of other threads/groups/forums. The videos cater toward the fanboy base without a doubt - as no one who uses a truck for truck things cares about the 60mph dash or 1/4 mile time. Sure there's a very small segment of truck owners that care about these types of things - but it's just that - a very small segment. A blue collar worker looking for a work truck could care less. TFLEV briefly had a video up on there YT feed after the CT launch - that appears to have been subsequently taken down - where they come right out and state that it's a CyberCar not a CyberTruck by most accounts. Wish I could find this video now but I cannot seem to locate it. The CT is basically a modern version of the El Camino - so said the video at least. Not sure I agree with it after having a few days to sleep on it - but as someone else said - Tesla has clearly made design decisions to cater to a different audience for the CT - and to basically add bolt-ons for any consumer who really wants to try and use the CT as a real work truck or for towing/hauling. Only time will tell how this all plays out.

Given a very small segment of 150/1500 series owners actually tow/haul on a regular basis - Tesla has clearly designed the CT to cater to this market segment more than anything - as is evidenced by the fact that they shortened the vehicle to fit in garages - or to at least have a chance of fitting in most garages.

1701700638549.png

Reactions: outdoors and jebinc