Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Waiting Room - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over on Electrek, folks say they are cancelling their reservations by the truckload… much less range than promised, price too high. And the thought bubble of an additional “range extender” battery (price undisclosed) in the tray… WTH?

A rather underwhelming launch, and I cannot see Tesla ever making Cybertruck available here. They’re not even promising a ramp-up until 2025.

A rather underwhelming launch, and I cannot see Tesla ever making Cybertruck available here. They’re not even promising a ramp-up until 2025.
I hope they don’t ever sell them here, unless the silly thing can be demonstrated to be not a grave danger to other road users, incl. pedestrians and cyclists. Stupid American “trucks”. 😠

The "Drive by Wire" System should make RHD an easier implementation than a traditional steering setup... so I'm still holding out hope.
I've recently purchased a 1990 Corvette C4 LHD and driving this has made me realise that if push came to shove I could live with LHD on a daily basis..

Just not sure how feasible that is on an Import Basis etc..

The "Drive by Wire" System should make RHD an easier implementation than a traditional steering setup... so I'm still holding out hope.
I've recently purchased a 1990 Corvette C4 LHD and driving this has made me realise that if push came to shove I could live with LHD on a daily basis..

Just not sure how feasible that is on an Import Basis etc..

Electric power assist steering "has no feel", steer-by-wire "hold my beer".

• Disagree
Reactions: STUtoday
I hope they don’t ever sell them here, unless the silly thing can be demonstrated to be not a grave danger to other road users, incl. pedestrians and cyclists. Stupid American “trucks”. 😠

Top comment, this thing is an assault on the senses, pedestrians and the planet. Its doing exactly zero to help anything. Time absolutely wasted not developing a a smaller urban ute like the Ford Maverick or time spent of a Model 2 that probably only needs 1/3 cells of each of the packs being wasted on the Cybercrap. Couldn't be happier that the cost has blown out.

Over on Electrek, folks say they are cancelling their reservations by the truckload… much less range than promised, price too high. And the thought bubble of an additional “range extender” battery (price undisclosed) in the tray… WTH?
Saw the article in Teslarati someone checked Tesla's page source code apparently estimated $16,000 for the extender

1701479740846.png

On another point, watching recent youtube videos - there seems to have some (very?) sharp edges around the CT.

Reactions: johnchidgey
Saw the article in Teslarati someone checked Tesla's page source code apparently estimated $16,000 for the extender

Yikes - USD too. And then does this thing permanently sit in the tray, reducing tray capacity, and the extra mass of this battery is forever being lugged around even when it’s not needed? And if it’s not permanent, how the heck does it get installed and removed - a few hundred kilos of battery?!

CT is rapidly turning out to be a CF.

Reactions: Zoltrix77
I
There is a list of requirements all vehicles being sold in Australia have to meet, the "Australian Design Rules".

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/i...cle-design-regulation/australian-design-rules

They are very much based on European ECE standards.
Musk has said it doesn’t meet a number of European regs so won’t be coming here, so if your regs are similar I imagine you’ve the same problem

The crash test results seem controversial too, it seems they’re relying on whatever you hit being the crumple zone, no thanks!