Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Will Feel Dated By the Time it Comes Out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a liability risk to Tesla when Musk says the Truck is dent proof? If I had a Cybertruck and dented a door could I sue Tesla and have them repair it at their cost since it is dent proof and the Truck dented?

I'm sure there will be a disclaimer exempting abuse. 3mm is essentially plate steel (slightly less than 1/8th inch thick). That's thick enough to butt-weld, but not thick enough to withstand direct (solid metal) hammer blows. You'd have to be pretty deliberate to dent that against someone else's door.

I'm sure there will be a disclaimer exempting abuse. 3mm is essentially plate steel (slightly less than 1/8th inch thick). That's thick enough to butt-weld, but not thick enough to withstand direct (solid metal) hammer blows. You'd have to be pretty deliberate to dent that against someone else's door.
And there will be people that try, just because.

Reactions: Let's Drive
I’m a big advocate of “under promise, over deliver”. Elon over promises and under delivers - constantly, usually to sucker people into giving him zero interest loans to fund his incomplete work. Sadly CT fits that profile. Roadster 2.0 definitely does.

I'm curious, which major automaker do you feel under promises and over delivers?

I spent many years working in automotive (like in a corporate setting; not some dealership)... and the name of the game in automotive for decades was to over promise and under deliver. The promise and aspirational nature puffed up by the marketing/sales folks rarely manifest in the finished product.

Here's what the automakers would tease.
ab08cf_12671a4d0b0e4227aa77b4888d03db71~mv2.jpg

And this is what you got at home.
1200px-1995-Ford-Contour.jpg

Reactions: TessP100D
Only detail that was new from the show is that it has a rear seat screen like the S/X and a front bumper cam.

I guess looking at the tailgate it's obvious that it won't include a ramp for your electroquad, not sure any other details are anything but speculation. Even the wiper was on the driver's edge of the windshield in the beta, but in the slide deck they presented the wiper was in the center of the windshield

Where? I’m on the order page now and I don’t see any options or specs. Just an 🍎Pay button.

I'm debating whether or not to help you get past the Turing test ... ... oh why the heck not!

If you scroll down from the cybertruck page (Cybertruck), mid-way through, you'll reach the section labeled "versatile utility", the 5th slide out of 6 has this for "flexible interior":
Seat six comfortably with additional storage under the second-row seats. Complete with an advanced 17” touchscreen with an all-new customized user interface.

• Funny
Reactions: israndy and jebinc
I'm debating whether or not to help you get past the Turing test
Well now that’s just crazy. I swear to you all that rendering that page on my iPad gave me just the first pic and then an ApplePay button. I refreshed the page a few times but no change. But today I get the full display. Hopefully I provided a little comic relief. :cool:

I have owned many Trucks from regular cabs to extended cabs and crew cabs. Also riding as a passenger in many Trucks I did not own. Riding Bitch in the middle seat sucks for anyone sitting there and not much fun for the passengers on either side of them. This is a picture of three people sitting in the front of an F250. Three people in the rear seat will have a bit more room but not much more. Is the cab of the Cyber Truck wider than an F 250?
Ford-F250-6-Passenger-SuperCrew-Riswick-lead-image.jpg

Ford-F250-SuperCrew-DT-front-middle-leg-room.jpg