Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

D-day!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure yet - I will get round to investigating when I stop fawning over the car.

I don't think you'll have much luck requesting them not to fit the front holder - tI think they are too busy to accodate those sort of specfic requests.,.

I too want a vinyl for the front. if it has holes the vinyl will cover them I think

Yes drilled holes for the holders.

If you change the plates the please post some pics, I'd be very interested in a simpler fixing. The standard plates are a bit bulky, but worse the rear plate doesnt sit in the holder properly on mine.

Yes drilled holes for the holders.

If you change the plates the please post some pics, I'd be very interested in a simpler fixing. The standard plates are a bit bulky, but worse the rear plate doesnt sit in the holder properly on mine.

Rear plate holder is horrible IMHO, remove it and just place plate only over the mounting holes, looks MUCH cleaner

Front is much harder to deal with because of the curve and the holes, ideally a stick on plate, but the holes will likely show through :(

Reactions: curmudgeon
I picked up my P3 yesterday from Heathrow. I was early, so time to do insurance etc. Had to wait for a reg no...but all ok. Around 50% charge, enough to get home. Handover was distinctly average, not much useful info - directed to the manual! But I got all the cables I was expecting and loads of time to experiment with the controls. Bedlam in the Heathrow centre - simply isn’t enough space...having said that they had lots of people and were making best of it.

Car is superb, power awesome regenerative braking almost renders brake pedal redundant. 20 inch wheels, in my experience offer very little cabin noise issue - if road surface is rubbish you know it - just like most cars, if surface is good, no sound at all. Touch screen also excellent and quickly got used to the position and intuitive controls. Sound superb, Spotify use seamless.
Using phone to operate car is great - no need to worry about the credit card keys. Gave me confidence I’d actually locked the car!
Home charging worked well - finally can see charge levels from my Pod Point. Set up of phone and home Wi-fi was a breeze.

Just a single gripe...I missed two visible scratches on the metal trim above one of the windows that had to have occurred in transport. I suspect the Tesla chap may have seen them, but it wasn’t flagged. There were small bits of plastic on my car that in their haste hadn’t been completely removed. Contacting Tesla to see what can be done is a nightmare (no response). I’ll contact Customer Services in writing this weekend.

Off on a proper journey tomorrow to Nottingham with wife and kids. Will get to see impact of my heavy foot on the battery range and possibility of charge required enroute. Says something about this car that everyone is looking forward to a 2.5 hour journey.

I became properly fixated on Tesla about a year ago (so a relative novice on this forum). There is something hugely satisfying that I’ve taken the step to ditch the BMW and have to say, on first impressions the car is worth all the hype.

Final word, these cars genuinely appear to attract aggressive behaviour from a certain calibre of driver...which is crazy really given the scope of their capability.

Picked up our P3+ yesterday in Edinburgh. Did anyone get cables for their phones? i.e. lightning + usb-c? I didn't seem to get any and when I asked about buying some they had none in stock at the service centre. Also didn't have any of the wireless pads.

Reactions: Roy W.
Picked up our P3+ yesterday in Edinburgh. Did anyone get cables for their phones? i.e. lightning + usb-c? I didn't seem to get any and when I asked about buying some they had none in stock at the service centre. Also didn't have any of the wireless pads.
I’ve read on here a few times that phone cables are no longer provided.

Tesla are quite notorious for not keeping stock of accessories. It seems strange when many of them are high margin items.

You might care to look at some of the third-party wireless chargers. I’ve got the TapTes one in preparation for my car. It seems very well made, supports horizontal as well as vertical charging, and is much cheaper than the official Tesla one. It cost $49.90 (so about £41.50) delivered, and arrived in about 12 days. Also comes with USB splitters so you can still use TeslaCam etc.

If you’re interested I also have a 10% discount code I can share if you DM me. I’m not affiliated in any way, just a happy customer.

The Edinburgh SC told me the Tesla Qi pad wasn't available in the UK at the moment, but we've already purchased the Nomad Model 3 charger which is exceptional. I've ordered stuff from them before and the build quality and shipping speed is wonderful. You can even pick the shipping option with taxes/duties paid to avoid the rip-off admin fees.

I was under the impression that the cables for the standard dock were included as standard. I'm sure I've seen videos where they were in a little bag in the armrest bit, but I could be wrong.

I’ve read on here a few times that phone cables are no longer provided.

Tesla are quite notorious for not keeping stock of accessories. It seems strange when many of them are high margin items.

You might care to look at some of the third-party wireless chargers. I’ve got the TapTes one in preparation for my car. It seems very well made, supports horizontal as well as vertical charging, and is much cheaper than the official Tesla one. It cost $49.90 (so about £41.50) delivered, and arrived in about 12 days. Also comes with USB splitters so you can still use TeslaCam etc.

If you’re interested I also have a 10% discount code I can share if you DM me. I’m not affiliated in any way, just a happy customer.

Thank you Roy. I may well DM you for that discount code, going to have a think today if I shall wait for the Tesla/Nomad wireless charger or get some cables.

The Edinburgh SC told me the Tesla Qi pad wasn't available in the UK at the moment, but we've already purchased the Nomad Model 3 charger which is exceptional. I've ordered stuff from them before and the build quality and shipping speed is wonderful. You can even pick the shipping option with taxes/duties paid to avoid the rip-off admin fees.

I was under the impression that the cables for the standard dock were included as standard. I'm sure I've seen videos where they were in a little bag in the armrest bit, but I could be wrong.

The person in the Edinburgh SC said that they would be opening an online shop soon for the UK. Take this information with a pinch of salt :)

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
Just wanted to say a massive thank you to all the members of this great forum! Your tireless information gathering and question answering has been excellent and has really helped me out a lot over the last few months.

I have finally picked up my M3 yesterday at heathrow and the process was pretty painless. Absolutely love the car is truly amazing.

Good luck to all of you still waiting, not long now. The wait will be worth it!

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to all the members of this great forum! Your tireless information gathering and question answering has been excellent and has really helped me out a lot over the last few months.

I have finally picked up my M3 yesterday at heathrow and the process was pretty painless. Absolutely love the car is truly amazing.

Good luck to all of you still waiting, not long now. The wait will be worth it!

What kind of human are you !?

Pics!!

And congratulations Enjoy. I got a long way to go Only ordered and finalised on the 9th August.

Reactions: trentbridge