Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some photos of the TapTes Wireless Charger for the Model 3. I ordered it from TapTes 12 days ago, so not bad delivery from China. Delivered by tracked Royal Mail, no customs or VAT to pay, although I might just have been lucky. It cost $49.99 delivered, and I must say it feels very well made, with a nice quality finish.

Once I get the M3 I’ll report back on fitting and use.

If anyone wants one of these I have a 10% discount code for TapTes, DM me if you want it.

upload_2019-8-7_10-17-8.jpeg
upload_2019-8-7_10-17-48.jpeg
upload_2019-8-7_10-19-5.jpeg
upload_2019-8-7_10-19-33.jpeg
upload_2019-8-7_10-20-11.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-7_10-16-13.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-7_10-16-13.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 61
  • upload_2019-8-7_10-19-52.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-7_10-19-52.jpeg
    370.1 KB · Views: 39
For anyone interested, I just emailed Edinburgh service centre & they are happy to reserve a set of floor mats for my SR+ delivery on Sept 5th. £85. No mention of any stock issues.

Ooh, that's interesting. I've struggled to get anything in advance of my SR+ order so have looked into making my own!

Have started getting some interest from other people who might want some, here:
Alternate Flux

Reactions: StephenEdinb
Ooh, that's interesting. I've struggled to get anything in advance of my SR+ order so have looked into making my own!

Have started getting some interest from other people who might want some, here:
Alternate Flux
I also emailed Dartford weeks ago as my sales advisor gave me the email on my test drive, they are in stock £85, they have put an order for me and I can collect when I get the car.

• Informative
Reactions: davidmc
I also emailed Dartford weeks ago as my sales advisor gave me the email on my test drive, they are in stock £85, they have put an order for me and I can collect when I get the car.

That's good to know.
I wish someone would have given me that kind of help when I ordered the car. Would have saved me a pretty penny in time and money ;)

Still, I hope my ones are a little more luxurious and worth the difference in price.

Just picked up some mats from the Heathrow SC. Very helpful guy in the parts dept. told me that they are likely to be in short supply and advised me to come in today to pick up. They got 50 sets in a couple of days ago and are down to 5 already and unsure when they are going to get replenishment. @PistonsDead think that there will still be a good demand for yor mats so your efforts won't have been wasted ;).

Reactions: 1 person
Just picked up some mats from the Heathrow SC. Very helpful guy in the parts dept. told me that they are likely to be in short supply and advised me to come in today to pick up. They got 50 sets in a couple of days ago and are down to 5 already and unsure when they are going to get replenishment. @PistonsDead think that there will still be a good demand for yor mats so your efforts won't have been wasted ;).

haha - phew! Thanks for the update!

I don't suppose you would be able to send me a couple of photos of the two fronts would you please? I just want to check some of the shape details before I invest all my life savings into carpeting for a car! :D

Thanks to Roy W for the discount code! I just ordered 2x the new Taptes wireless chargers.
Wireless Charging Pad for Tesla Model 3
Note that these new ones do horizontal (landscape) charging too!

Not sure what the ETA is but as soon as i have mine I’ll give you a review and a teardown with a bit of a comparison to the other brands..

Bottom line I have an extra one - first come, first served... Im based around Leatherhead if anyone wants to avoid shipping... but of course: have car... will travel ;-)

Pop me a private message if you’re interested

Reactions: Roy W.
haha - phew! Thanks for the update!

I don't suppose you would be able to send me a couple of photos of the two fronts would you please? I just want to check some of the shape details before I invest all my life savings into carpeting for a car! :D

Hi @ PistonsDead,

See attached for photos of the Tesla mats. Let me know if you need anything else.

Tesla Front Right.jpeg
Tesla From Left.jpeg
Tesla Back.jpeg