Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke with one of the Service supervisors in Texas and he said that's the first he had heard of this. If it is true which I highly doubt, you think one of the service managers would have been briefed as well. He's checking with his higher ups to confirm but for now, I wouldn't worry about no ranger service in Texas until we hear differently.

I'm not doubting what sublimaze1 was told but I'm hoping this service manager simply misunderstood something he was told. Let's hope so.

Last edited:
I spoke to Jack about this today. He said that due to bizzare Texas law, once the service centers open they can no longer provide ranger service in Texas. They will have to retrieve the cars and bring them to the centers for service. That's why all 3 centers must open simultaneously (Houston is behind the others). Apparently this is not a Tesla decision but a regulatory one related to unusual Texas laws.

Texas strikes again! It certainly is sad, and I hated to present it do nebulously on this forum. I should have asked for more specifics. But Jack was clear that Ranger service would not be an option. I asked him thrice and his answer did not waiver.

Any owners in El Paso? Yikes!

Texas strikes again! It certainly is sad, and I hated to present it do nebulously on this forum. I should have asked for more specifics. But Jack was clear that Ranger service would not be an option. I asked him thrice and his answer did not waiver.

Any owners in El Paso? Yikes!

Looks like you were right. It just seemed so strange that I didn't want to believe it at first.

I'm not sure if you meant to but I can't send you a PM anymore because it says you turned it off. You may have intended to do this but thought I'd check.

Anyway, we definitely need to fight to get this law changed.

Unreal. Texas can be really backwards sometimes.

I wonder if we'll have a different service package, given the level of service is inevitably reduced? As it is I'm paying additional sales tax because Tesla are unable to operate a trade-in program here, paying for delivery off the back of a track with no DS, paying for the car a couple of weeks before I get it, and now the service package is just like a regular car dealer, except with less locations. We need a medal!

Anyone know (or noticed) if the Dallas service center is taking in Model S's for delivery? Mine's due within the next week or so I guess, the PS said it was on a truck bound for the 'nearest service center'. In that context, although it's not officially open, I wondered if they're working behind the scenes, or, if my car has gone to Houston.

Even though I didn't get to see my car, stopping by the Dallas Service Center was well worth it. The facility is awesome, and there were a ton of cars there. (Sorry all, too many to capture the VINs). Apparently my car is at a warehouse around the corner. The super nice guys there couldn't give me any hint on when I might get delivery, but they said they are churning through them as fast as possible. Other things learned:

* They are probably going to stop putting the front license plates on until the actual owner requests it in person. Too many people upset after the fact about the holes in the nosecone.
* There may be a light in the legal tunnel that prevents Texans from picking up directly at the service center. They didn't have any details, but did say there were discussions ongoing.
* No specific opening date for the service center is set, but it could happen as early at the 21st.
* Once open they will be happy to put toll tags behind the nosecone if you stop by (didn't ask if there would be a charge, I'm assuming a nominal one.) Said the process of taking the nosecone on an off to do this is about 15 minutes.
* As mentioned, the guys at the Service Center can't speak to the delivery timeframes. We have to reach out to the folks at corporate for that.

Will post a couple of pictures from my phone.