Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dash Cam Not Working Check USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issue here; I already try everything above here; Ver: 2022.12.3.2 Is very annoying doing all till it works but then does it again no pattern on timing. I have an appointment for with Tesla to come over to my location as i listed this as a software issue; ..

Interestingly, I have not had this come up again since early May. Went away during 12.3.2 and currently on 12.3.12 without recurrence. That said, as ELON twittered it is a software issue and nothing to do with formatting your USB.

It might say 12v, but I would check it while the car is on with a voltmeter.

This thread covers an issue with plugging in a 12v power inverter where the 15v+ voltage is giving him some issues, and how he has worked around it.

I don't know what are you talking about. I did that and its work with no any problem. Issue will back only if you will format your USB in car (because now this is the problem - car do not create TeslaCam folder).
Just try and you will see ;)
Mine is working now after not doing any suggested "fix". It stopped working a few weeks ago, but I didn't do anything other than formatting 2-3 times in the car. Now, it is magically working again, and again I didn't do anything.

Reactions: DrGriz
I have been intentionally saving a Dashcam recording every day or every other day. So far the red X has not returned. (Perhaps saving the Dashcam recording clears the buffer.) Periodically I open the Dashcam Viewer and delete the saved recordings to free up space.

Reactions: bobbyjae