Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Added Wear and paired to my watch but I'm not seeing anything on my watch.
I presume it should show under my app section on my watch or am I being a complete idiot.

Rebooted the the watch and my galaxy s8. But still not seeing anything.

Huawei watch with Android Wear 2.

Thanks in Advance.

Okay @Veggen, new update is available - 1.20.7. Give it a shot, worst case I've also added better crash reporting so users will now be given the option upon a crash to email me directly with the crash report instead of relying on the inconsistent and troublesome built-in crash reporting.
Not seeing the update yet, but will test as soon as arrives.
Is the using HWC by any chance? This is known to be broken for lineage on S3.

@Veggen , doh, seems I didn't publish last night as I thought. I just did now, you should see it in 15 minutes. I look forward to the results.

What do you mean by HWC?

@Actionorton , okay so you've connected the Wear device to your mobile device in the official Android Wear app, and you've paired a vehicle with the watch from the mobile app. You should be good to go, the Wear app should automatically install on your Wear device shortly. You then need to just launch the app from the Wear device.

If you can't find the Dashboard for Tesla app on the Wear device, try re-syncing your apps with your Wear device.

To do this, it's a little obscure but try this - launch the official Android Wear app on your mobile device. Select your Wear device from the top-left drop-down, make sure it says "Connected". Now tap the settings icon at the top right, it should look like a little gear. A menu should pop-up, from here tap the menu item with your Wear device's name under Device Settings. At the bottom, tap the "Resync apps" button and wait.

Hopefully you should see a notification on your Wear device saying "Dashboard for Tesla installed."

Let me know if it works or need more help, we can dig into it.

Reactions: Veggen
@SG57
tried re_syncing but no joy.
If I go in to Google play store on the wear device it shows under apps on this device and I can install from there. However once installed and then opened it comes up with an error "No handheld devices connected and near this wear device".
Item is still showing paired on the phone.

Any thoughts? Happy to take this offline and drop you an email if that's easier.

Reactions: SG57
@Veggen , doh, seems I didn't publish last night as I thought. I just did now, you should see it in 15 minutes. I look forward to the results.

What do you mean by HWC?

@Actionorton , okay so you've connected the Wear device to your mobile device in the official Android Wear app, and you've paired a vehicle with the watch from the mobile app. You should be good to go, the Wear app should automatically install on your Wear device shortly. You then need to just launch the app from the Wear device.

If you can't find the Dashboard for Tesla app on the Wear device, try re-syncing your apps with your Wear device.

To do this, it's a little obscure but try this - launch the official Android Wear app on your mobile device. Select your Wear device from the top-left drop-down, make sure it says "Connected". Now tap the settings icon at the top right, it should look like a little gear. A menu should pop-up, from here tap the menu item with your Wear device's name under Device Settings. At the bottom, tap the "Resync apps" button and wait.

Hopefully you should see a notification on your Wear device saying "Dashboard for Tesla installed."

Let me know if it works or need more help, we can dig into it.

customer service seems to be top notch so far. looking forward to the improvements and unlocking more features!

Reactions: hiroshiy and SG57
@jhpdxr , thanks for the support! Some of the best features came about from direct feedback from you all so it only makes sense to stay in touch.

@Actionorton , okay if the Wear app is saying it can't find any connected nodes near the Wear device, then it isn't seeing that it is connected with your mobile device. This explains why the Wear app never installed on the Wear device automatically like it should have when you installed the mobile app.

The fact you are able to associate a vehicle with the Wear device in the mobile app means the mobile app is seeing your Wear device as connected, but the fact your Wear device is saying no mobile app devices are connected to your Wear device tells me there is a communication problem going on.

Are you able to connect the Wear device with any other mobile apps? Also, just to test, try sending the "Open On Device" command from the Wear app for Dashboard for Tesla - to do this drag the bottom action drawer up (the red bar with the time on it at the bottom), and tap the left button that looks like a right arrow going thru a square device. This should open the Dashboard for Tesla app on your mobile device if connected.

I would try disconnecting the Wear device from the official Android Wear app on your mobile device, then reconnecting. Make sure your Google Play Services app is updated as well on the mobile device.

Sucks it's being a pain for you, we'll figure it out.

What do you mean by HWC?
Its working!
Thanks for the extra effort supporting a non-stock configuration, much appreciated!

(HWC is hardware composer, its an android hardware abstraction library for the display subsystem, it has known issues in Lineage 14.1, but that is irrelevant now I guess) ;)

Last edited:
@Veggen , great! Excellent to hear, I'll keep my eyes out for a fix for the issue but in the mean time, no intro video for Samsung Galaxy S3 users.

@Plug it in , is your vehicle marked as the default vehicle? On the Vehicles screen when looking at the vehicle list, tap the star icon in the top-left of the vehicle card. You will now automatically load that vehicle on sign-in. Also, you can sign into your vehicle directly by tapping on the Controls widget's title bar.

Reactions: Veggen
@SG57 I'm having an issue with a new feature you introduced for me (us) a bit ago.

I wanted to control what times of day my car would charge to avoid charging during peak.

The option is there but greyed out for me now. See attached.

Any thoughts?
Screenshot_20170522-162328.jpg

@baxster , the time restrictions option requires both "allow charge stopping" AND the "complete charging by" options to be checked.

The former requirement is pretty obvious, it's impossible to restrict your charge times if you don't allow smart charging to ever send a stop charging command.

The latter requirement isn't so obvious, I think there was a good reason for it but looking at it now, there really is no reason for that restriction. When the "complete charging by" option is unchecked, then smart charging always tries to finish charging right now instead. I don't see why a time restriction can't also be applicable for this behavior.

I'll remove the requirement and get it out here in 15 minutes with some other bug fixes and improvements. And actually in the mean time if you want this behavior with the time restriction, a workaround (read: bug) exists that you should be able to temporarily check the "complete charging by" option, check and set your time restrictions, then uncheck the "complete charging by" option.

Last edited:
@FlyF4 , there exists a one-time payment model as well if that suits you better than the subscription payment model.

Complete climate control does seem vague, but it means every climate command available through the APIs is made available through the app. With the Advanced Climate package, you gain commands NOT available through the APIs, such as camper mode and Cabin temperature protection advanced features.

@FlyF4 , there exists a one-time payment model as well if that suits you better than the subscription payment model.

Complete climate control does seem vague, but it means every climate command available through the APIs is made available through the app. With the Advanced Climate package, you gain commands NOT available through the APIs, such as camper mode and Cabin temperature protection advanced features.

That's good to know. Somehow I missed that. I am also not a subscription kind of guy for anything ;)
Nice looking app.

@FlyF4 , trust me when I say you are not alone. You and many others vehemently opposed the subscription model when first introduced, it is what it is.

Thanks for taking time to check the app out, if you or anyone else feels like trying out the entire app for free including every advanced feature on their actual Tesla, use this full access code valid Tuesday-only:

To enter an access code, press-and-hold the sign-in button for 3 seconds.

@SG57
Other wear items installed fine on my wear device yesterday when I was having the issues.

However I went back to my wear device this morning and manually Installed the wear app again and it connected to my car fine.

Not sure what the issue was but all appears to be working.

Thanks for the prompt responses and assistance. Great service as usual.

Thanks

@Actionorton , I did a little researching and it appears the auto-install feature is not part of Android Wear 2.0, according to this article:

Android Wear 2.0 won’t automatically install apps on your watch, requires Play Store install

Relevant quote:

A Wear 2.0 user must visit the Play Store on their watch to install apps. There is no auto-install like on Wear 1.X. Wear 2.0 apps get full network access and can be installed completely separately from the handheld app so the focus is much more on standalone Wear apps than the handheld centric 1.X Wear apps.

I'll add some disclaimers to the Wear screen in the mobile app to help point out this requirement of Android Wear 2.0 devices.

@SG57, I have some questions about your 'cabin temperature protection' mode. It is not well described on your website and though these questions might have been asked before, I don't want to go through 28 pages to find them.

I live in Phoenix, AZ where tomorrow it's going to be 106. It regularly reaches 110-114 throughout June, July and August.

These temperature protections for the cabin.. do they only apply if the car is parked? What if I'm driving and I want the A/C on a particular temperature and air speed setting.. will the app change/override my settings?

Is there a way to make the temperature protections only apply if the vehicles temperatures reach a minimum or maximum temp? IE.. only turn these protections on if the cabin temperature reaches 90* AND the car is parked

I assume there are protections in place for the battery to make sure that this temperature protection won't put an excessive drain on the battery? If the battery drops below X percentage can I disable the protections? I'd value getting home more than having the A/C working.

Does cabin protection include potentially setting the sunroof to 'vent'?

I'm very interested in this feature, but want to make sure it is well thought out with many options before I drop $14.99 plus $2.99