Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic Model Y Picture Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, nice mix of clouds and sun today so I took some more before she started inevitably to get a bit dirty, these pics show off what this color is all about IMO (depth/reflectivity/different looks in different angles). Hope you enjoy!
Finally got my Deep Blue Metalic detailed/paint corrected/ceramic coated, so had to snap a couple pics and post. Unfortunately it wasn't sunny so you don't see the sparkle (which looks great in direct sunlight) but still shows off nicely even on a cloudy day, I love this color. May snap a couple more next time it's sunny and add them as well, I have zero regrets on color.

S3XYCarMD, Looks great. Where did you get this done? I am in the Bethesda area and am looking. Hopefully you got it done nearby for a reasonable price. I appreciate any information.

The Model 3 and Y blue are the same. I think it is the same blue on Model S, but I have no proof. I don’t think I have ever seen a Model X in DBM.

Saw a Model X and a Model Y both in blue today. They're the same color as my Model S and my Model 3. It is not likely that Tesla has decided to start another paint line when they not long ago announced they were only doing five colors: Red, White, Blue, Gray, and Black. Absolutely not a different Blue, unless you go back five plus years ago.

S3XYCarMD, Looks great. Where did you get this done? I am in the Bethesda area and am looking. Hopefully you got it done nearby for a reasonable price. I appreciate any information.

I got it done here—they are in Crofton (for you it would be probably about 30-45 minutes) — I highly recommend them they did a great job and pricing was relatively reasonable (about $1000 for Mohs+ which comes with a lifetime warranty, to the extent that means anything, but it looks great and has been very easy to clean thus far which is the biggest benefit of the coating).

#1 Ceramic Coating & Ceramic Car Coating in Maryland

Let me know if you end up checking them out.

This is my Blue Y, with the new custom made wheels by Signature Wheels out of San Jose Ca. These are 19” and weigh a little over 19 Lbs each as these are for the Track. Big difference on how it feels when you take off, doesn’t feel heavy anymore like it felt with the Gemini wheels and it just rolls. Resent trip from Redlands down to San Diego, 122 miles at 75-80 mph, average wh/mi was 260 which is awesome. Love these wheels.

Fred

Dang man! I haven't even seen below 300, and I drive strictly in chill!!!

Anyone see pics of the blue with full Stealth PPR? Would love to see this in matte finish.

FULL GALLERY

xpel-stealth-deep-blue-metallic-tesla-model-y-19-inch-matte-black-falcon-y-wheels-wm-1.jpg

xpel-stealth-deep-blue-metallic-tesla-model-y-19-inch-matte-black-falcon-y-wheels-wm-3.jpg

xpel-stealth-deep-blue-metallic-tesla-model-y-19-inch-matte-black-falcon-y-wheels-wm-4.jpg

Not a picture, but a video for you.

The stealth looks really great and is pretty unique, but you lose the beautiful deep metallic sparkle once you throw “stealth” on it. I considered it, but chose to stick with normal XPEL, and I love it.
Actually, you don’t lose the metallic finish. When you get up to it in full sun you get the sparkle under the matte.

This is my Blue Y, with the new custom made wheels by Signature Wheels out of San Jose Ca. These are 19” and weigh a little over 19 Lbs each as these are for the Track. Big difference on how it feels when you take off, doesn’t feel heavy anymore like it felt with the Gemini wheels and it just rolls. Resent trip from Redlands down to San Diego, 122 miles at 75-80 mph, average wh/mi was 260 which is awesome. Love these wheels.

View attachment 566469

View attachment 566468

Delivered 30 May and a few days later, we had the front PPF, Front 3 windows tinted & full Ceramic coating. Same company that did my Model 3, Auto Armour out of Mira Mar San Diego Ca.

Fred
How are the Continental ProContact RX tires for road noise and also for performance? i'm looking for a good all weather radial, but something that doesn't have excessive road noise?

View attachment 566469

View attachment 566468

Delivered 30 May and a few days later, we had the front PPF, Front 3 windows tinted & full Ceramic coating. Same company that did my Model 3, Auto Armour out of Mira Mar San Diego Ca.

Fred
How dark was your tint?