Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Degradation of the Community...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should nonowners also be walled off? Based on your segregation concept, that seems like the next logical step.

Walls aren't the solution. And I mean that broadly.
Ba dump bump. Although, I imagine you like having walls to your bedroom.

Anyway, no, ownership vs non-ownership is still about the same thing -- the car. Stock ownership is not. Maybe in the halcyon days of company pride over company profit. Alas, we're just not in Kansas anymore. Shareholders over customers, which is why on a message board there is a problem of interests.

it has zero relevant content and is quite plainly just an attack on the majority of people in the thread

Of course. It was plainly an attack on those folks who were crying the sky is falling.

Is not turning on AEB on the very recent AP2.5 cars a sign of incompetence from Tesla? Absolutely. But does it mean all the 150k+ Tesla owners are going to die in head-on collisions tomorrow, because slimy Musk pulled the AEB under our rugs? Well thats the impression I was getting through the some of the posts there, until someone clarified this only impacts AP2.5 cars, and Tesla is working to resolve this issue. The first 50K cars (pre-AP1) did not have AEB at all. And the next 50k cars (AP1) did not have AEB for nearly 10 months.

Believe me, I like the 'Tesla is a scam' bit like the next guy. But lets tone it down a bit, can we?

• Helpful
Reactions: oktane
Ba dump bump. Although, I imagine you like having walls to your bedroom.

Anyway, no, ownership vs non-ownership is still about the same thing -- the car. Stock ownership is not. Maybe in the halcyon days of company pride over company profit. Alas, we're just not in Kansas anymore. Shareholders over customers, which is why on a message board there is a problem of interests.
So non-owners have the same interests as owners? I'd like to see the Venn diagrams between owner-shareholders, owner-non-shareholders, etc. I would bet owner-shareholders are more overlapped with owner-non-shareholders than non-owner-non-shareholders. And I hope that twisted your eyes as much as my fingers writing it.

Besides all that, your solution is no solution. There's no way to prove someone's not a shareholder.

I'll tell you on my word, I'm not a shareholder and never have been. I don't care if someone's short or long TSLA. Let's talk about the cars.

Reactions: bhzmark and McRat
So non-owners have the same interests as owners? I'd like to see the Venn diagrams between owner-shareholders, owner-non-shareholders, etc. I would bet owner-shareholders are more overlapped with owner-non-shareholders than non-owner-non-shareholders. And I hope that twisted your eyes as much as my fingers writing it.
I'm good at that stuff, so it's ok. It has nothing to do with raw numbers of overlaps. It has to do with attitudes and tendencies. I'm such a stock market moron that I didn't even know what a "short" was until I got called it here for being upset with EAP.

Besides all that, your solution is no solution. There's no way to prove someone's not a shareholder.
Of course. However, it's also easy to tell that there are people who agitate relentlessly against criticism of the company, particularly when they play the man instead of the ball.

I'll tell you on my word, I'm not a shareholder and never have been. I don't care if someone's short or long TSLA. Let's talk about the cars.
Ok. I'll remember that the next time you enter a thread to insult everyone.

Which of course you don't ever do. High-five!

You can even see that the guy I was asking about admitted he was just being an ass. The mods told me what he posted was ok, which baffled me. That's why I posted here.

Anyways, nice chat. I'm going to watch the Broncos and drink Japanese whiskey. Cheers, @ohmman .

I do not like categories All it does is create tribalism. This new guard vs the old guard? I don't believe it. I see the same posts from people waiting for 3s that I made waiting for my S in 2012. Share holders vs non shareholders? OK, I've been a pretty blatant "understander" of Tesla's startup challenges and forgiving of their growing pains. Huge fan of the mission. Am I a shareholder? Actually, no and never have been. Owners vs non owners? Geez there are huge contributors here who are non owners.

While I think it is completely wrong to call someone a "short", I can't understand how some act as if it's the worst insult ever and it requires an indignant multi quote response. Everyone should be big enough to take a few shots without sending back twice in kind. And without categorizing others.

I've participated in this thread since first page. I never thought it was about degradation of membership. Just about degradation of discourse and negativity bias.

I still agree with your first assertion but would say that tagging members as short or long has no valuable place outside of the investor section.
Actually, it might. If someone were an acknowledged, substantiated short of TSLA, and used this forum (outside of the investor section) as a way to raise or magnify alarm and FUD about Tesla Motors and its products, IMO it would be appropriate for other members to point that out. Likewise, if someone were acknowledged, substantiated long of TSLA,and used this forum to propagate clearly false information to puff up TSLA, it might be appropriate for other members to point that out. Key words there are "acknowledged, substantiated". And few are. So, for the most part, it is inappropriate and presumptive labelling. Again, IMO.

, you're right. It's really strange to me that folks would spend time on forums where they clearly disagree with everyone. Why waste your time and life like that?

What an odd view IMO.

The most intellectually stimulating conversations and the largest potential to affect meaningful change (either direction) happen when disagreeing people talk.

Why would anyone want to spend time on a forum with people they agree with is beyond me. :D