TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Degradation of the Community...

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by jeffro01, Aug 28, 2017.

1. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

I definitely think your funny posts are better.

• Funny x 2
  2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

C'mon, Teslas don't even have cats. Or any other emissions component.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Click my signature to Go Mad Max Mode

With the cat paradox post, I think someone just gave Andrej Karpathy an aneurysm... Betrand Russell's revenge up in this mug.

4. mblakele

mblakele pre-jackpot member

"Of course you may be right; and certainly I cannot go so far as to say you are wrong: but still at the same time" —

"Now but before a fool's opinion of himself," the brown man cried, "the Gods are powerless. Oh yes, and envious, too!"

And when Jurgen very cautiously opened his eyes the brown man had left him physically unharmed. But the state of Jurgen's nervous system was deplorable.

James Branch Cabell, Jurgen

(No, Bonnie, I'm not calling you a fool. I know better. Your anecdote reminded me of that passage, that's all. And it seemed apt for this thread....)

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Bonnie's do, on the top.

• Funny x 1
  6. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

But they do have an undisclosed amount of (dead?) horses...

7. lunitiks

lunitiks Cool James & Black Teacher

Well they're not dead. They're merely waiting in the barn. Not enough riders, that's all

8. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

@JRP3 already pointed out a clear hint of the members I am talking about. I was deliberately being vague because I don't want to point fingers at specific members, nor do I want to suggest they aren't welcome here (the point of my post is that our forum tolerates such members).

As for the other forums I am talking about, I have experience from earlier on in my life on various compact car forums (for honda civic, ford focus, subaru, vw etc) and they are like the wild west compared to here (likely because the members tend to be less mature because of the average age). I didn't frequent BMW forums, but the largest one has a pretty poor reputation.

And I'm not talking about simply being a fan of a different brand or posting in a subforum, but deliberately making back handed comments about the brand of the current forum (not only in that subforum). That is not really well tolerated.

• Like x 1
  9. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I don't have a Roadster anymore.

• Funny x 1
  10. AnxietyRanger

Got it. I don't disagree some exists, but I don't think it is a problem at all here. Small minority.

11. AnxietyRanger

No, my friend. The horse is dead, truly and well dead.