Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delaying my reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After much soul searching, I cancelled my day 1 M3 reservation. So for many of you, you just bumped up 1 slot closer - you're welcome. I have an MS which I love. I'm just getting more uncomfortable with the ramp-up issues and unknowns on the tax credit. It's honestly not worth tieing up $1k without interest anymore.

My son camped overnight and was 3rd in line here - he also cancelled. He had been driving a Leaf but just moved to a Smart Electric. Of course, only remote comparisons on these vehicles can be done.

If/when the M3 gets into the hands on non-employees I have no doubt it will be a terrific vehicle. It's just not working out for me.

After much soul searching, I cancelled my day 1 M3 reservation. So for many of you, you just bumped up 1 slot closer - you're welcome. I have an MS which I love. I'm just getting more uncomfortable with the ramp-up issues and unknowns on the tax credit. It's honestly not worth tieing up $1k without interest anymore.

My son camped overnight and was 3rd in line here - he also cancelled. He had been driving a Leaf but just moved to a Smart Electric. Of course, only remote comparisons on these vehicles can be done.

If/when the M3 gets into the hands on non-employees I have no doubt it will be a terrific vehicle. It's just not working out for me.

Thanks! Hopefully whatever you do instead keeps you happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: KArnold and daniel
Although I haven't received my invite to configure yet, when I do, I will probably delay my reservation. This can actually mean more money for Tesla even though I will configure with the SR battery. On the other hand, I will load up with PUP, EAP, AWD, and SAS options which will mean a higher sticker price. I think it is a win/win for everyone, especially for those of you who want your car sooner.

Although I haven't received my invite to configure yet, when I do, I will probably delay my reservation. This can actually mean more money for Tesla even though I will configure with the SR battery. On the other hand, I will load up with PUP, EAP, AWD, and SAS options which will mean a higher sticker price. I think it is a win/win for everyone, especially for those of you who want your car sooner.
Why are you delaying?

I reserved day 1, and as a Tesla owner I should in theory get priority, but everyone I know who reserved early in Canada has a "late 2018" delivery date -- prior owners or not. I don't really mind the late delivery date since D/P/L is worth waiting for, at least for me. I just hope P is out by then and hopefully L too.