Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much more would you pay for it? 2x? 3x? Would it only work on vehicles you were driving? Would it go away when you die, or do you envision it being an asset that you can pass down to one of your kids?
I’d probably fork over 3x or more if it meant the rest of my life on any Tesla I’m driving using my phone key. It would also make me think twice about buying another brand.

Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
updated data point!

Order date: 9/6
Build: MXLR | Pearl White | 20" | Black Int | No FSD Transfer | Tax Credit eligibility build
Original EDD: Sept/Oct
EDD 2: Oct/Nov
EDD 3: 10/9-11/20
Vin: nope
New new data point! Just had a vin assigned

Build: MXLR | Pearl White | 20" | Black Int | No FSD Transfer | Tax Credit eligibility build
EDD 4: 9/18-9/25
Vin: 415XXX

I ordered 2 days earlier than you, in the exact same configuration except i ordered red. I DO have FSD transfer. My EDD is October 5-November 9th. I don't understand their method of prioritization. Really hope I wake up tomorrow and it's showing a September delivery.

Either way, congrats.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Order date 09/01
Model X Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Ultra Red
20'' Cyberstream Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Six Seat Interior
Yoke Steering
FSD transfer, trading in 10/20 Model X
VIN assigned two days ago.
Delivery: Sep 26 the to October 3rd.
Was told that the car is still at Freemont factory...

Scheduled delivery date for 09/29, FSD transfer included in the trade in offer....

ordered on the same day as you do but in red.....now i see a chance that mine may be here before month end. hah

Reactions: zoomer0056
I ordered 2 days earlier than you, in the exact same configuration except i ordered red. I DO have FSD transfer. My EDD is October 5-November 9th. I don't understand their method of prioritization. Really hope I wake up tomorrow and it's showing a September delivery.

Either way, congrats.
I bet someone backed out or rejected so I’m going to go through it with a fine tooth comb and make sure there’s no issues. I also changed my delivery location yesterday so I was next in line there for anyone to cancel this specific build

Congrats. I ordered same time as you with a similar previous EDD and I'm really hoping it doesn't move sooner. Lol. Out out of town next couple weeks.

Update: VIN assigned this evening! QUESTION: When do I need to make cash payment? Not getting a loan. I’d prefer to wait as long as possible to send them the money, but I also don’t want to delay delivery?

MXLR, 5 seater, 20" wheels, Pearl White / Black interior.
Order date: 9/1
EDD: Sep-Oct
EDD2: Oct-Nov
EDD3: Oct 3-October 10
VIN assigned: YES: 415XXX
FSD Transfer: NO

Reactions: robby818
Update: VIN assigned this evening! QUESTION: When do I need to make cash payment? Not getting a loan. I’d prefer to wait as long as possible to send them the money, but I also don’t want to delay delivery?

MXLR, 5 seater, 20" wheels, Pearl White / Black interior.
Order date: 9/1
EDD: Sep-Oct
EDD2: Oct-Nov
EDD3: Oct 3-October 10
VIN assigned: YES: 415XXX
FSD Transfer: NO
You should not need to make any cash payment until actually taking delivery of the vehicle, so at this point you should be all good.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
So… when you placed the $250 deposit for that specific order… does it clearly state in your order contract that FSD transfer is included or is it itemized? If so, you have a case… remember that saying, get everything in writing. If not, then it’s probably an after purchase option/service and you have no case and if you proceed with a charge back it would be a fraudulent case.
It would not be fraud to initiate a chargeback. You obviously haven't had the pleasure of running a merchant account.

I am worried about my order after reading the updates here. Ordered X Plaid Red on Sep 5th still no vin. Delivery estimate is Nov to Jan1st. I am thinking about canceling and ordering a non plaid model.
I’ve got a Plaid Ultra Red on order as well but a few days after you on the 11th. I’ve yet to even see a date range. For me personally, I’m ok waiting into early 2024. If any updates happen between now and then, like a bumper camera (wishful thinking), then that’s a bonus.

This price drop was clearly to get folks to order the non plaid 5-seat configuration - something they could pump out quickly. Plaids are definitely not being prioritized.

Last edited:
I'm not super familiar with Tesla pricing history, but with what seems like massive spike in demand, would it not be likely for them to increase prices on the X again?

Nobody really knows. My educated guess is that price will probably decrease in Q1 2024, since if tax credit gets reduced to $3750 from $7500 and now built in starting 2024, they might decrease it further to match the price of this year. My guess is another $2-3k drop.

Reactions: chrsgerhart
I am worried about my order after reading the updates here. Ordered X Plaid Red on Sep 5th still no vin. Delivery estimate is Nov to Jan1st. I am thinking about canceling and ordering a non plaid model.
If you want the 6 seat configuration, it's a hard pill to swallow knowing that $3K more and you get both the Plaid and 6 seat configuration together.