Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting to see so many have VINs. I am in Chicago and ordered the morning after the price drop and my delivery estimate just got moved to Oct-Nov, when an advisor originally told me about 2 weeks. My advisor did tell me that internally they are pushing to extend the FSD beta transfer program because of the demand backing up deliveries...so fingers cross that actually happens.
I ordered on 9/2 and the eta just switched to oct/nov like everyone else. I also need to do the fsd transfer. I don’t see how they can’t extend the 9/30 transfer deadline since the website said sept/oct until yesterday. Those ordering today and beyond are probably SOL though. I’m near Fremont so I assume they have a good chance of hitting the deadline but for those thousands of miles away, it’s more complicated logistically. My last two Teslas were delivered at EOQ so this one probably will too.

Imagine that orders are being bumped back because Tesla has gotten a flood of Model X orders due to the dramatic price change and eligibility for the $7,500 tax credit, and free transfer of FSD. $79,900 - $7,500 - $12,000 - $2,500 free paint color = $57,900 net comparible cost.
No wonder the demand just went through the roof.

Presumably if this was a planned change they should have been able to anticipate and prepare for the influx. Makes me wonder if this price drop was on the whim of Elon.

Your comment made me go look at my order and I've been bumped back too.

Order placed 9/1 and now I'm worried about the full self driving transfer. Not sure my partner is going to be as supportive of this without that.

Anyone heard from their SA if Tesla will still honor the transfer?
Im worried 2 but in my order instead if trade in it asked if im transferring my fsd from my model s and I clicked yes so it seems to be set already doesnt say anything about not being possible after sept. So im hopeful it still transfers even if its in oct/nov 🤞

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230908_130101_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230908_130101_Tesla.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
Im worried 2 but in my order instead if trade in it asked if im transferring my fsd from my model s and I clicked yes so it seems to be set already doesnt say anything about not being possible after sept. So im hopeful it still transfers even if its in oct/nov 🤞
The fine print does list the 9/30 deadline. If they can’t deliver in time, it’s not fair to exclude people who ordered while the website still said September.

Reactions: Elguero213
Unfortunately Tesla is not known to be fair. They will do what they want to do. But I hope you all can get your FSD transferred after Sept.

If they don’t, I at least hope they prioritize those with that deadline. I’m personally fine waiting til end October/early November if it means I can get the 2024 model year (assuming there’s any changes of note).

I really wish they would put back the USS and/or add a bumper cam. The auto present doors and super accurate parking assist were great features of the previous models.

Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
i got the car. it got the matrix headlights
some distortion on windshield, larger gap between FWD and c pillar, not sure if it's normal since both side has similar gap.
passenger side FWD interior trim has some misalignments
rear passenger claims that sound level at back is pretty low even after I adjusted balance. don't know if it's by design or not.
Otherwise it's pretty good overall, definitely better than I expected.

now if my wife can magically stop hating on it my life would be perfect.

(her: It doesn't come with charging cable? glove box can only be opened from screen? you can't even turn off passenger air vent? how come I have to press multiple times to get my door to open? you can't lock the door from rear seats? why doesn't it have creep mode? why can't it adjust regen breaking? it's such an ugly car, especially on red; it's not even quiet and ride good; still too expensive with tax and everything considered. I can only imagine her frustration goes on the longer we live with the car.. )
Keep the X, get rid of the wife……🤪

Where are you located? Just curious as I’m in Florida and feel like that’s always takes the longest to get a VIN/delivery. I ordered morning of 9/1 when prices dropp
Where are you located? Just curious as I’m in Florida and feel like that’s always takes the longest to get a VIN/delivery. I ordered morning of 9/1 when prices dropped.

within 10 miles from Fremont factory 😂