Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to test drive a MX yesterday. I'd have to say I was disappointed at how dirty the demo car was. Both middle seats were not working and would not raise up to access the back seat. It had the Yoke which I would have preferred to test drive with a wheel. Auto Pilot was disabled so couldn't test that out. Sales person said they deliver 20-60 cars everyday. Whoa! Afterwards I test drove an EQS. Complete night and day difference for sure. I believe the SAE level 3 is only approved on the 2024 EQS model. Not sure if they will OTA update for the 2023 models. Mercedes is definitely aggressively marking these down to get them out, similar to Tesla. I'm on the fence as to which one to get honestly. The EQS is the ultimate in luxury inside and the drive is like your floating on a cloud. The MX felt more like a sports car and I'm concerned about the fit/finish issues expressed online and YT.
I bet those demo cars are getting a workout after the recent price drop :)

Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
Went to test drive a MX yesterday. I'd have to say I was disappointed at how dirty the demo car was. Both middle seats were not working and would not raise up to access the back seat. It had the Yoke which I would have preferred to test drive with a wheel. Auto Pilot was disabled so couldn't test that out. Sales person said they deliver 20-60 cars everyday. Whoa! Afterwards I test drove an EQS. Complete night and day difference for sure. I believe the SAE level 3 is only approved on the 2024 EQS model. Not sure if they will OTA update for the 2023 models. Mercedes is definitely aggressively marking these down to get them out, similar to Tesla. I'm on the fence as to which one to get honestly. The EQS is the ultimate in luxury inside and the drive is like your floating on a cloud. The MX felt more like a sports car and I'm concerned about the fit/finish issues expressed online and YT.
Get the X

Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
How was the UI on the EQS. From one of MKBHD's previous videos, Mercedes has terrible UI which is kind of what I gravitate towards in these vehicles. After the XP we are about to get, I will be looking out for a Cayenne EV around late 2020s/2030 only if the UI has improved. I would hope by then it's not sluggish.

Not sure why it's such a big deal that people are hoping to get their deliveries by the deadline for FSD transfer is considered entitlement when they're trying to take advantage of a current deal that now saves them +$30k with the combination of price drop + FSD transfer that just became available in September. Sure, people shouldn't assume that they were guaranteed to take delivery by 9/30. But to me, when I placed my order on 9/3 and the estimate was late September/October, for $250 non refundable, that was a risk I was willing to take. And if delivery slipped passed it, there's also the possibility that Tesla would extend or still honor the FSD transfer for orders placed in early September. Worst case scenario, I lose $250, not a big deal. 2 out of 3 scenarios I still come out on top with savings.

I wouldn't have placed an order without FSD xfer. In good faith I deposited $250 with the understanding Tesla would honor the agreed price and terms (FSD xfer). If Tesla doesn't delivery, they have broken the agreement and should refund the money. Contract law, year one law school
So… when you placed the $250 deposit for that specific order… does it clearly state in your order contract that FSD transfer is included or is it itemized? If so, you have a case… remember that saying, get everything in writing. If not, then it’s probably an after purchase option/service and you have no case and if you proceed with a charge back it would be a fraudulent case.

VIN assigned! 415xxx

Ordered 9/1 - base model with Ultra Red for tax credit. Location: Tampa

EDD 1: Sept - Oct
EDD 2: Sept 24 - Oct 29
EDD 3: Oct 2 - 9
No FSD transfer correct?

Everyone needs to add this detail/info to their EDD postings for clarity! ;)

3-days sooner than my order, same build, here in NJ. No update since 9/13.

No FSD transfer correct?

Agree! Add FSD transfer information to posts

Reactions: zoomer0056
No FSD transfer correct?

Me too. Same build. No updates.

And fsd transfer

Reactions: zoomer0056
No FSD transfer correct?

Correct - no FSD transfer.

• Informative
Reactions: NJturtlePower
ordered 9/2, black on black 5 seater, base- to qualify for tax credit. Originally showing Sept—Oct, changed to Oct-Nov like others. End of last week received 9/17-10/8 delivery window. Checking for vin everyday now 😂located in Southern California.
Update.
Ordered 9/2
Original EDD: sept/oct
EDD2: oct/nov
EDD3: 9/17-10/8
EDD4: 9/23-10/14 (updated this morning)
NO FSD transfer
So Cal.

Based off of the fact that we have 10 business days between today and the end of the month, i'd say it's unlikely that we'll get our cars in time for FSD transfer. Seems likely the only hope at this point is Tesla making a gesture of goodwill and extending to people who placed an order and had an original delivery window that included September. Historically though, they aren't particularly generous when it comes to customer friendly business decisions. We'll see!

Updated
Order Date: 9/7
Build: MXLR | White (changed to Black on 9/17) | Black Int | 5 seats | steering wheel | 20" wheels
9/7: Original EDD: Sept 14 - first week of October
9/15: EDD #2: Sept 16 - Oct 7
9/17: I went back and forth on my exterior color choice (White or Black) about 8 times before settling on Black. It did not seem to change my EDD at all.
9/18: EDD #3: Sept 18 - Oct 6
9/18: I noticed that there is an X in inventory at Marina Del Rey and it checks all my boxes except it has the Yoke. I sent Tesla a text message and proposed if they remove the $1000 charge for the Yoke, I can take delivery today. I doubt they will accept but you never know. It is above the 80k for the tax credit and is a 5 seater so there might not be too much demand for this one and they may want to move it before the end of September.
VIN: Nope
9/18: Received a "Next Steps for Your Model X Order" email. Maybe this means I am closer to getting a VIN?

Updated
Order Date: 9/7
Build: MXLR | White (changed to Black on 9/17) | Black Int | 5 seats | steering wheel | 20" wheels
9/7: Original EDD: Sept 14 - first week of October
9/15: EDD #2: Sept 16 - Oct 7
9/17: I went back and forth on my exterior color choice (White or Black) about 8 times before settling on Black. It did not seem to change my EDD at all.
9/18: EDD #3: Sept 18 - Oct 6
9/18: I noticed that there is an X in inventory at Marina Del Rey and it checks all my boxes except it has the Yoke. I sent Tesla a text message and proposed if they remove the $1000 charge for the Yoke, I can take delivery today. I doubt they will accept but you never know. It is above the 80k for the tax credit and is a 5 seater so there might not be too much demand for this one and they may want to move it before the end of September.
VIN: Nope
9/18: Received a "Next Steps for Your Model X Order" email. Maybe this means I am closer to getting a VIN?
Are you trying to get the IRA tax benefit? Even if they pull the yoke price it still won’t qualify since it’s a discount and not a change to MSRP