Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD 2: Nov - Dec
First Tesla. Rented one on vacation and have a few friends with them. Had a Model 3 on order when first announced but production delays and change in job at the time (with a fuel card) caused me to cancel.

Model X. White, 5 seater, Black interior, 20", steering wheel, $79990 for IRS Tax Credit

Ordered and confirmed: 9/11
EDD: Oct - Nov
No VIN yet.
Delivery: Lyndhurst Ohio

Its system generated. The website now says Nov-Dec for all new orders. All of us that ordered very early Sept had Sept-Oct dates and once the website went to Oct-Nov we all got that same push to the new window if we didn't get a VIN yet. After a few days your original delivery window will come back.
This would be rad. :) Although the prospect of a 2024 model is nice.

i think all plaids are pushed toward end of Dec and early Jan if you want a custom
As there's not a lot of options to select to begin with, what constitutes as custom on the Plaid?

Based on available local inventory for MXLR, the white interior seems to be pretty common. And the 22" wheels too. Even the yoke steering is pretty common as well; maybe that's why these with yoke steering are still available? lol Maybe Tesla is trying to push them to increase margins for those who will panic buy/change their order the last week of Sept to squeeze in the FSD transfer window.

candle light.jpg

As there's not a lot of options to select to begin with, what constitutes as custom on the Plaid?

Based on available local inventory for MXLR, the white interior seems to be pretty common. And the 22" wheels too. Even the yoke steering is pretty common as well; maybe that's why these with yoke steering are still available? lol Maybe Tesla is trying to push them to increase margins for those who will panic buy/change their order the last week of Sept to squeeze in the FSD transfer window.

View attachment 975252
“Custom” meaning a vehicle not in inventory or part of an existing production batch. I got a call from Tesla last week regarding my MYLR lease return and the advisor also referred to my MXP order as “custom”.

• Informative
Reactions: awd_rails
I want to thank @Plan B for keeping my spirits up and always believing in me....LOL

Got my Vin Assigned just now.....went through the payment process and now I'm just waiting on the docs and delivery time. EDD now shows 9/18 - 9/24!!!
Took delivery yesterday...X had a couple small scratches that buffed off, nothing major. Coming from a 2018 Model 3, its seems so different....good luck guys!!!!

Reactions: preddy and shingojr
I ordered the same day as you, MXP Ultra Red, Blk/Wht int, steering wheel, 20s (rn, I keep going back and forth on those or 22s.)

Initially EDD was Sep-Oct, then Oct-Sep, now 13 Nov-8 Jan. My sales rep however, has told me they are seeing EDD is 28 Nov. App doesn’t reflect that and of course, no VIN.
Appreciate the data point. Our builds are identical other than yoke/wheel. Interesting to hear they can see more detail.

Reactions: DefenderX
Appreciate the data point. Our builds are identical other than yoke/wheel. Interesting to hear they can see more detail.
Agreed, they also said "let's check back in a week or two"
That was last Friday, so hoping there's some update this week or the next.

Order date: 9/11
Build: MXLR | Ultra Red | 20" | Black Int | Wish I could do FSD Transfer (have on current 3 lease) - $79.9k tax credit build
Original EDD: Oct/Nov
EDD 2: Nov/Dec (Slipped out on 9/19)
I got identical order date and configuration like yours to take tax credit. I also noticed the EDD has change from Oct/Nov to Nov/Dec. I am in So_Cal.