Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how would someone take delivery in a non-direct sale state? I guess if they shipped it to the buyer's house? As far as I'm aware this is not allowed at all in Alabama.
For example in Texas, a real non-direct sales state, you have to pay in full, and then you just go to a store/service center and pick it up. It is already yours at that point. (Tesla staff in Texas are not allowed to participate in the purchase process at all, that is handled by staff in California or Nevada.) In the past they required payment before they would even ship your vehicle to Texas, I don't know if that is still the case.

For example in Texas, a real non-direct sales state, you have to pay in full, and then you just go to a store/service center and pick it up. It is already yours at that point. (Tesla staff in Texas are not allowed to participate in the purchase process at all, that is handled by staff in California or Nevada.) In the past they required payment before they would even ship your vehicle to Texas, I don't know if that is still the case.
The dumbest thing to me, is the fact that Tesla has a GIGA-Factory in Texas, but the state won't even allow them to make direct sales to consumers lol

This thread's got me seriously considering cancelling my MXP order. This is nuts!

This thread's got me seriously considering cancelling my MXP order. This is nuts!

Why waste the money on a P when the standard is already fast enough 💁

Why waste the money on a P when the standard is already fast enough 💁
Why waste money on a Model X when a Toyota Sienna will carry everything and more for half the price /s

For $3500 you go from having a fast SUV to having a hauler that pulls on supercars, people pay around as much for the software acceleration boost on the MY. Plaid upgrade on Model S used to be 20k. I think $3500 is a great value

I ordered 9/1 and originally had the Sept-Oct delivery which was changed to Oct-Nov. Got my VIN today and now they are saying delivery will be between Sept. 27 and Oct. 4. I’m doing FSD transfer as well so we’ll see how it shakes out. 🤞🏻 I’m in Minneapolis.
Got my delivery date today. It’s 9/26 so it looks like my FSD transfer is gonna work!