Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN today. It shows as a 2023 Model X when I add it to insurance.

VIN: 416XXX (assigned 9/21)

Hopefully they'll reach out for delivery in the next few days. For those of you who accepted delivery already, I'm assuming final payment and review agreements in the tesla app happens on delivery day. I'm not planning on paying until delivery day, but wanted to confirm.
I took delivery yesterday and only did payment/agreement after inspecting the car and confirming the trade-in/FSD transfer

I'm curious why anyone is financing these cars instead of leasing? It appears that many of you are on your 3+ Tesla, why not just lease?
Personally I'm going to lease for 2 years since there are so many new EVs coming and tech/hardware changes on these cars.
Tesla leases are very restrictive. Cannot sell your lease to a third party, cannot buyout your car if you really like it. I usually lease but Tesla just takes out the flexibility that you normally can get on a typical lease.

Tesla leases are very restrictive. Cannot sell your lease to a third party, cannot buyout your car if you really like it. I usually lease but Tesla just takes out the flexibility that you normally can get on a typical lease.
Agreed. I buy all my cars outright, and Tesla is the first one I would have considered leasing (just due to the tech changes akin to buying an iPhone) until I looked at their terms. They really prefer not leasing at all based on how they structure it.

Most auto makers leases you cannot sell to third party. Most of you don't want to buy the car after because you're looking for the latest tech/hardware no? I agree with comment "like iPhone" users (always want latest tech).
The biggest plus is you don't get stuck with the depreciation! Especially if prices continue downward as more EVs hit the market.

Most auto makers leases you cannot sell to third party. Most of you don't want to buy the car after because you're looking for the latest tech/hardware no? I agree with comment "like iPhone" users (always want latest tech).
The biggest plus is you don't get stuck with the depreciation! Especially if prices continue downward as more EVs hit the market.
Most allow third party buyouts. There was a period during the crazy car market in 2021 where they stopped allowing that but now things have normalized those temporary restrictions are mostly gone. Tesla is one of those few cars where software updates have made the cars faster, more efficient, etc over time so never had an issue of my older Teslas acting slow or buggy over the years.
That's the problem with a Tesla lease, in 3 years you never know what the car market will be like. People in 2018 whose leases were up in 2021 saw how badly new car prices skyrocketed and many months of wait time for a new car to hit the lot and got shafted in paying over $60k for a new model 3. There's pros and cons to finance and leasing, one is not necessarily better than the other all that matters if what YOU are looking for in a car (keeping it for many years, change ever 2-3 years, etc) and which option best fits your needs/wants.

Order Date Sept 1
EDD Sept-Oct
EDD 2 Oct - Nov
EDD 3 Sept 29 - Oct 6
Ultra Red/Black Interior/20" Wheels/Steering Wheel/5 seats
FSD Transfer
Texas Delivery pending.

VIN Assigned 9/16 Evening #415xxx . Odometer shows 15 miles on MVPA.
Spoke with my local Tesla senior operations advisor today; he pinged my New X and showed it in transit from Cali to TX. He said it shows an expected arrival date of 09/28 to local Houston showroom/delivery center. I can not believe this is actually going to happen! Pretty awesome they can ping a car pre-delivery similar to our Tesla app.

Reactions: shingojr
Spoke with my local Tesla senior operations advisor today; he pinged my New X and showed it in transit from Cali to TX. He said it shows an expected arrival date of 09/28 to local Houston showroom/delivery center. I can not believe this is actually going to happen! Pretty awesome they can ping a car pre-delivery similar to our Tesla app.
oh wow, i guess you can only ask them to check if you have a VIN. I'm still waiting on mine. =\

I always have a hard time believing these posts about someone pinging the car. Not that I don’t believe OP but more so a Tesla employee pinging a car in transit.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
I always have a hard time believing these posts about someone pinging the car. Not that I don’t believe OP but more so a Tesla employee pinging a car in transit.
He was super nice. He actually did it without me even asking and while I was on the phone with him. He gave me his full name, sent me his email and direct extension if I had any more questions. I even looked him up on LinkedIn. I don’t think he wasn’t just feeding me BS…

My delivery is scheduled for September 29th Friday. Does anyone know how early does Tesla send the Purchase agreement that bank needs?
I am using my credit union for the loan since it is cheaper than Tesla's loan. Thanks!

MXLR Ultra Red, white interior, 6 seater, trading in 2020 MXLR, FSD transfer.... Order date 09/01.

My delivery is scheduled for September 29th Friday. Does anyone know how early does Tesla send the Purchase agreement that bank needs?
I am using my credit union for the loan since it is cheaper than Tesla's loan. Thanks!
It should show up in the Tesla account web portal > (vehicle order profile) > Documents section that you can download to send to your back.